NFL 2010-2011

bowld

Didn't Paul Lukas over at Uniwatch mention a few years back that he had seen a prototype Redskins alternate that added black to the color scheme, or is my memory failing me again?

Back at the first Uni Watch party in Brooklyn in March 2006 (which I attended), we all saw some Redskin concepts that had been shown to owner Dan Snyder. Almost all of them had Black incorporated...modified logos, a modified spear logo, some really crazy alts - Burgundy body, Black sleeves, Gold piping...apparently, Snyder was superstitious and backed out of the deal - didn't want to change anything.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't Paul Lukas over at Uniwatch mention a few years back that he had seen a prototype Redskins alternate that added black to the color scheme, or is my memory failing me again?

Back at the first Uni Watch party in Brooklyn in March 2006 (which I attended), we all saw some Redskin concepts that had been shown to owner Dan Snyder. Almost all of them had Black incorporated...modified logos, a modified spear logo, some really crazy alts - Burgundy body, Black sleeves, Gold piping...apparently, Snyder was superstitious and backed out of the deal - didn't want to change anything.

Sounds like the Nike Pro Combat Seminole redo. They have a perfect uniform set that they can switch to and it is in this thread. I wish Snyder would take the initiative and switch.

Hopefully the following changes will take place:

1. The Browns update their old uniforms and put a logo on the helmet.

2. The Cowboys change their uniform so that all the "blue" color shades match.

3. The Buccaneers will incorporate some Cream sickle into their uniform.

4. The Dolphins finally change their uniform after many years of speculation of them doing it.

5. The Colts incorporate blue pants into their away uniform.

6. The Seahawks leave their uniform alone, for it is perfect the way that it is.

7. The Bills forget the throwback and stick with what they have.

8. The Vikings realize that their uniform "now" matches in color and their "retro" uniform is garbage.

9. The Rams either change their entire uniform or go back to the yellow and blue.

10. FINALLY, The Jaguars realize they have the ugliest uniforms in the history of the NFL and beg the league to let them change them.

spacer.png

No.

That's long overdue. The mismatched colors on the white uniform look ridiculous.

4. The Dolphins finally change their uniform after many years of speculation of them doing it.

No and no.

What the Colts really need to do is to extend their shoulder stripes all the way around. It can be done!

6. The Seahawks leave their uniform alone, for it is perfect the way that it is.

Lighten the "Seahawks Blue" shade a couple notches, THEN it would be perfect. The current shade is a few shades too dark, to the point that from a distance it's virtually indistinguishable from the navy blue. You can clearly see the difference on the helmet.

No.

8. The Vikings realize that their uniform "now" matches in color and their "retro" uniform is garbage.

I like their retro uniforms; but yes, their current set is a considerable upgrade.

9. The Rams either change their entire uniform or go back to the yellow and blue.

Or go back to Los Angeles.

10. FINALLY, The Jaguars realize they have the ugliest uniforms in the history of the NFL and beg the league to let them change them.

I wouldn't necessarily say "ugliest," but yes, their redesign is rather underwhelming.

1. Your insane. If there is a logo on the helmet, then it ain't the Browns.

2. I wish, that bothers me so much. But it will probably never happen.

3. No. Just no.

4. Probably not.

5. I wouldn't mind seeing them try it at least, don't know how good it would look.

6. Can't say I agree.

7. Nope, I prefer their throwbacks

8. I don't mind the Vikings throwbacks.

9. I don't mind the Rams current uniforms, though I do prefer the old yellow and blue.

10. 100% on the money. Their uniforms are the worst I've seen in the NFL. The numbers and letters in particular are really ugly.

T1oYViW.png

Cream as in the color, or constitution? I'm not sure a cream sickle would be very effective.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Cream as in the color, or constitution? I'm not sure a cream sickle would be very effective.

Hey, anything's more effective than Josh Freeman.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Good thing he left those uni's alone and just meddled in the on the field actives of the team! No changes there! Love how these morons think changing the uniform will effect the on field performance.

pissinonbobsmall.jpg

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

P. J. O'Rourke

A cream sickle like this?

j309950.jpg

Are pirates making their money in landscaping these days?

87Redskins.png

I think nuordr may be the only guy on here to like the Bills' current clown suites.

His post is like a parody of one by dennisbergan.

They are different, that is why I like them. The Throwbacks just don't need to happen for several reasons, which in my opinion are:

1. There are way to many white Helmets in the NFL as we speak.

2. I like colored pants, if there is one thing I hate the most, it is white on white for the road team. So unless they come up with a colored throwback pants, I am not on board.

3. The "old logo" is quite frankly "OLD!" If anything, they need to design a newer, fresher logo. Don't be like San Francisco and move into the past, move into the future.

spacer.png

3. No. Just no.

4. Probably not.

5. I wouldn't mind seeing them try it at least, don't know how good it would look.

6. Can't say I agree.

9. I don't mind the Rams current uniforms, though I do prefer the old yellow and blue.

10. 100% on the money. Their uniforms are the worst I've seen in the NFL. The numbers and letters in particular are really ugly.

If you notice in my banner, I am a BROWNS fan. However, I don't care if it is INSANE, but it is logical to update over time. Now as far as the BUCCANEERS comment, that was strictly a joke to get everyone crazy. I like the old Orange, but not every week.

spacer.png

I'm not sure a cream sickle would be very effective.

Big part of why the USSR didn't go through with changing their color scheme as planned, but they really would've been ahead of their time if they did.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3. The "old logo" is quite frankly "OLD!" If anything, they need to design a newer, fresher logo. Don't be like San Francisco and move into the past, move into the future.

Your comment is really confusing to me because your sig features the Brownie which is about as outdated a logo gets, yet you're saying that that is better than the Browns blank helmet.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

3. No. Just no.

4. Probably not.

6. Can't say I agree.

If you notice in my banner, I am a BROWNS fan. However, I don't care if it is INSANE, but it is logical to update over time. Now as far as the BUCCANEERS comment, that was strictly a joke to get everyone crazy. I like the old Orange, but not every week.

I guess the Browns, Steelers, and Packers have no logic then. Don't forget the Yankees and Red Wings too.

T1oYViW.png

3. No. Just no.

4. Probably not.

6. Can't say I agree.

I guess the Browns, Steelers, and Packers have no logic then. Don't forget the Yankees and Red Wings too.

Yeah, but the Thunder are geniuses!

With the new Meadowlands Stadium opening I would expect the Jets and the Giants to have new patches on their jerseys for that.

IIRC, I remember seeing somewhere on this board (NFL 2009 Changes thread maybe?) that the Giants were going to break out throwback uni's from the 1975 season.

I think that stemmed from a tease by Paul Lukas that the Giants would be trotting out something really unexpected as a throwback for 2009. Guess that never materialized.

The throwbacks are for 2011. Paul mentioned it in his Meadowlands facility tour post

? The red alternate jersey has been retired. The Giants will not be wearing any alternates or throwbacks in 2009 or 2010, but they have a doozy of a throwback slated for 2011 ? which I can?t describe.

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

Monochrome sucks.

Monochrome rules.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

Archived