NFL 2010-2011

bowld

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can we make a list of teams who we can be sure aren't getting

new unis?

Packers

While a new template isn't really a new uni, since the collar stripes are different, the shoulder number font is different, the NOB looks a little different, and the sleeve stripes are truncated more, you could make a case that it is technically a new uniform.

Yeah, with the new template, any team that insists on holding on to their 60's/70's era stripes (Steelers, Browns, Packers, Bears) may come out looking like a new uniform.

When you say "with the new template" are you talking about the ones the Giants wear currently or the one that the Packers, Steelers, ect. wear now?

Can we make a list of teams who we can be sure aren't getting

new unis?

Packers

While a new template isn't really a new uni, since the collar stripes are different, the shoulder number font is different, the NOB looks a little different, and the sleeve stripes are truncated more, you could make a case that it is technically a new uniform.

Yeah, with the new template, any team that insists on holding on to their 60's/70's era stripes (Steelers, Browns, Packers, Bears) may come out looking like a new uniform.

When you say "with the new template" are you talking about the ones the Giants wear currently or the one that the Packers, Steelers, ect. wear now?

The one that the Giants wear, and that several of the Packers are testing out.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I smell some overall uniform changes for the Bills, a possible change to the alts. full-time for the Falcons, Chargers, or Ravens, and some changes, pants-wise, for the Browns, Ravens, and Saints. That and maybe the Redskins introduce gold pants.

That said, the most likely thing I see is something with the Bills.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

can the bills just go throwbacks full time already?

And give up the ugliest uniforms in the history of The NFL? Why would they want to do that? :D

Seriously though, why they haven't already is beyond explanation.

Because that standing buffalo is dated. Seriously, I'm fine with the jersey, I'm fine with the pants but that helmet needs to stay in the past. I simply don't get the appeal of the standing buffalo at all.

Agreed. Stick the current logo on the white helmets and call it a day.

Nailed it.

And that skin tight garbage jersey Barnett wears needs to go.

I smell some overall uniform changes for the Bills, a possible change to the alts. full-time for the Falcons, Chargers, or Ravens, and some changes, pants-wise, for the Browns, Ravens, and Saints. That and maybe the Redskins introduce gold pants.

That said, the most likely thing I see is something with the Bills.

As much as I'd love to see the Bills change, I don't think the Bills will do anything until Ralph Wilson is six feet under. The Bills will probably move, possibly to Toronto. They may change the name and logos. So why change twice in a short time? It's cost-effective to wait for Wilson to pass away, I'm sorry to say.

I don't think the Browns wore their throwbacks at all this season, just throwing that out there.

Mangini was also the one that liked the brown pants, so if he is fired, I wonder if we will still see the brown pants?

Yea you're right, about both points you made.

I would like to see hem bring back the Orange pants.

They flow, overall, much better than the brown pants, in my opinion.

And actually, in Madden 10, they have an option for orange socks [which were meant to be paired with the orange jerseys, they have the same striping], I've been wearing them with the white pants and jerseys.

It looks really slick, in my opinion. The socks match the helmet perfect.

Orange helmet, white jersey, white pant, orange socks.

If I had my way, here's what the Browns would wear:

browns.png

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

I don't think the Browns wore their throwbacks at all this season, just throwing that out there.

Mangini was also the one that liked the brown pants, so if he is fired, I wonder if we will still see the brown pants?

The Browns "throwbacks" were pointless. Their home uniform is already "throwback" enough.

Most of the players liked the brown pants and many of the fans (including even some around here) have grown to like the brown pants.

I don't see any reason to dump them now. They are the Cleveland BROWNS.

The Browns "throwbacks" were pointless. Their home uniform is already "throwback" enough.

Most of the players liked the brown pants and many of the fans (including even some around here) have grown to like the brown pants.

I don't see any reason to dump them now. They are the Cleveland BROWNS.

Wow, when you had these discussions with "most" of the players, what else did they tell you? :grin:

With the new Meadowlands Stadium opening I would expect the Jets and the Giants to have new patches on their jerseys for that.

IIRC, I remember seeing somewhere on this board (NFL 2009 Changes thread maybe?) that the Giants were going to break out throwback uni's from the 1975 season.

NYCdog.png

Since there have been 2 or 3 full uniform redesigns a year, over the past decade, I would expect that number again this off-season as well.

There are several teams that have changed recently (in the past 5 years) that obviously can't change even if they wanted to. So that eliminates some right away.

There are several franchises who think their look is too "iconic" (or their owners are too old) to ever change. So that eliminates several others (with Washington and Kansas City being at the top on that list, that NEED to make major changes/tweaks to their looks).

So who does that leave?

-Buffalo (obviously could be in line for something; or at least SHOULD be. Its long, long overdo.)

-Miami (new progressive ownership group and there have been rumors of them wanting to do something even before the new ownership group took over)

-Carolina (their look has gotten stale/dated and even just a tweaking of the uniforms might work well)

-New Orleans (many people thought they were changing last year; They need to get their mismatched golds together and their striping on their helmet makes no sense when paired with their home uniform)

-Tennessee (another team that has a bit of a "stale" or dated look. Colors I am sure would stay the same, but a different uniform design could be doable. The addition of light blue pants have been a homerun, so they will stay and be used with any redesign).

-Seattle (possibly replacing the lime green alt with a dark navy alt to match the darker navy pants; if that is even allowed with the NFL folks. And IF that happened, I could see them using the white pants more at HOME with the regular Seahawk Blue jersey's. Mora and the current regime seem to really like the white jersey/Seahawk blue pants road look).

Pick 2 or 3 out of the above group and that will likely be where the major changes are made in 2010.

Maybe an additional pant could be added here and there to a existing uniform (Denver adding orange pants to their combos or possibly Atlanta replacing the black pants with red).

like dennisbergan said, with so much change at the top of the Dolphins ownership, i would imagine them getting something different. i have my fingers crossed for them because theres potential there to top the Jags as the worst unis in the league. hopefully all those "star" owners have nothing to say about the design process, as most of their award show attire choices should eliminate their opinions on what looks good

new GM for the Browns too, but i dont see them changing much

a new GM and 2nd year HC for the Chiefs and i think they could get something new. not a complete overhaul but a nice upgrade on some things

teams IMO who have no chance of changing uniforms anytime soon:

patriots

bengals

steelers

texans

colts

jags

broncos

chargers

eagles

bears

lions

packers

vikings

falcons

buccs

cards

49ers

seahawks

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

can the bills just go throwbacks full time already?

And give up the ugliest uniforms in the history of The NFL? Why would they want to do that? :D

Seriously though, why they haven't already is beyond explanation.

Because that standing buffalo is dated. Seriously, I'm fine with the jersey, I'm fine with the pants but that helmet needs to stay in the past. I simply don't get the appeal of the standing buffalo at all.

I love the argument that the standing buffalo is dated. As if the current logo isnt. I'd be fine with an update to the red buff a la detroit, but a silhouette is far less dated than the buffalo busting through the finish line they have now.

Yea you're right, about both points you made.

I would like to see hem bring back the Orange pants.

They flow, overall, much better than the brown pants, in my opinion.

And actually, in Madden 10, they have an option for orange socks [which were meant to be paired with the orange jerseys, they have the same striping], I've been wearing them with the white pants and jerseys.

It looks really slick, in my opinion. The socks match the helmet perfect.

Orange helmet, white jersey, white pant, orange socks.

If I had my way, here's what the Browns would wear:

browns.png

They NEED to bring back the orange pants, but keep the brown pants as an option. I never liked the orange jerseys, mainly because of the drop shadow numbers. I think if they brought that orange jersey but with brown numbers it would look awesome. That would give them 3 jerseys and 3 pants with a lot of cool combos they can wear.

With the new Meadowlands Stadium opening I would expect the Jets and the Giants to have new patches on their jerseys for that.

IIRC, I remember seeing somewhere on this board (NFL 2009 Changes thread maybe?) that the Giants were going to break out throwback uni's from the 1975 season.

I think that stemmed from a tease by Paul Lukas that the Giants would be trotting out something really unexpected as a throwback for 2009. Guess that never materialized.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived