Michigan State changing logo?

KJTALBOT

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I will personally riot in East Lansing if the logo is changed.

No, you probably won't.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

No, you probably won't.

We had a mini-riot last St. Patty's day, my neighbors burned a recliner (twas no couch burning final four loss). And that was in celebration! Think if people are angry.

No, you probably won't.

We had a mini-riot last St. Patty's day, my neighbors burned a recliner (twas no couch burning final four loss). And that was in celebration! Think if people are angry.

If that's how they "celebrate", then how will they protest a logo change? By burning an entire row of homes? Nothing is going to burn because of this.

And your neighbors are idiots.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well this thread turned into a dick-measuring contest quickly. Good work all around, gents.

For what it's worth, I prefer the Block S to both of these. But I like the older one better of the two.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

No, you probably won't.

If that's how they "celebrate", then how will they protest a logo change? By burning an entire row of homes? Nothing is going to burn because of this.

And your neighbors are idiots.

Oh come on, it was all good fun! I was just making fun of our reputation as a "riot" school, I know there won't be any burnings if there is a logo change (which I doubt there will be). For the record I think the block S is way too generic.

The block S does suck. I saw a "state" in front of the shape of the state which looked pretty good, but I'm not sure if it was official or a concept.

And Shmee, I would never start a dick-measuring contest, considering that I'm pretty much hung like a light switch.

The block S does suck. I saw a "state" in front of the shape of the state which looked pretty good, but I'm not sure if it was official or a concept.

And Shmee, I would never start a dick-measuring contest, considering that I'm pretty much hung like a light switch.

Block "S" doesn't suck, and I blame Syracuse for implementing their block "S" in recent years which has muddled the identity.

The script State over the state of Michigan is included in MSU's most recent licensing guide and is seen on the basketball court.

msustatelogo.jpg

Block "S" doesn't suck, and I blame Syracuse for implementing their block "S" in recent years which has muddled the identity.

The script State over the state of Michigan is included in MSU's most recent licensing guide and is seen on the basketball court.

msustatelogo.jpg

The problem is that the S represents "STATE". There's hundreds of state universities in the country, and probably 50 "[insert state/commonwealth name here] STATE UNIVERSITY"s

I hate the Penn State "S" too, for this very reason. Maybe back in the "Happy Days" days of regional marketing it was OK, but in the current era, it's just pretty arrogant for a school to market itself as "STATE".

Not just MSU, but any "STATE" school that does it.

The state image behind the "state" text makes it work. They should use that more often.

Archived