New BCS Logo

Ry

Goodness, the gradients got worse...

I honestly don't think this is too much of an upgrade, I like the old one personally...

I don't think the gradients and shinejob will be on the field markings or even alot of the merch. I think they just took the logo and made it web2.0 for websites and such because it "looks kewles!!!"

Of the three, i think this is the best one.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Goodness, the gradients got worse...

I honestly don't think this is too much of an upgrade, I like the old one personally...

I don't think the gradients and shinejob will be on the field markings or even alot of the merch. I think they just took the logo and made it web2.0 for websites and such because it "looks kewles!!!"

I'm sure you're right about the intended applications. These days, it's just about mandatory to have a high-gradient version of any logo for the web, because as we all know, the web is made of shiny plastic laminate.

However, the steel-ingot-like beveling of the center banner is unusually dreadful, even in this era of bevel proliferation. It just makes no sense: no ribbon ever made or imagined could possibly look like that. And no metal plate ever made or imagined has swallow-tail ribbon streamers sticking out both sides. This particular detail is a clear case of someone Not Having a Clue about the basic elements of the design. Might as well have just thrown some Microsoft clip-art on the logo for all the thought that went into the banner thing.

20082614447.png

They should have had the best options for a new logo whittled down from several strong logos so that the best logo would be adopted. Clearly this one was picked by a computer insuring that no one is happy except the guy who's logo made it.

Archived