XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

You know what I don't understand. What is the difference between Pairs Figure Skating and Ice Dancing?

It looks the same to me.

I wish that the Women's USA Hockey Semi against Sweden was in Primetime, at least 24 was good tonight.

BTW yes Schuster you're play has been a disaster. Sorry had to talk to the TV for a second.

No jumps in ice dancing. I think thats basically the difference.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what needs to become an event? Ice fencing.

Come on IOC. Get it done.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Christ, Harris. Let's not start a holy war here.

I wouldn't leave that bottle of rum around with these guys....

You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

Es very bad to steal Jobu's rum. Es very bad.

This has been a brutal game against China. You know how it's gonna end, but you keep watching anyway. I blame Omar Minaya....

Shuster's last rock ends in complete & utter failure, causing the US to concede for the 2nd time in the day & lose to the China who had only won once. Fitting end for this year's team. :grin:

Gold for Canada in the Ice Dance ... The last dance was simply memorizing. My jaw hit the floor. No one else was close!

I can't stand figure skating, and really know very little about it, but have found myself being just a bit too lazy to get up and find the remote. With that said, however, they were just about to skate when I saw your post that they won and about how good it was so I made sure to pay attention to the entire thing... that really was phenomenal. And the girl is absolutely gorgeous, so I'm not even mad that they beat out the Americans! Ice dancing really isn't that bad... I like it more than actual figure skating. I'm surprised some couples went with the songs they did. Knowing nothing about the sport, it seems like song choice can make or break your chances.

IUe6Hvh.png

This US team had no balls. Sure, Shuster couldn't buy a draw if his life depended on it, but they never took any chances early on in matches. They were never agressive. 2-7 is disappointing, but going down without putting up much of a fight is frustrating.

I'll say this in defense of the United States... It's pretty damn hard to put up a fight after you give it your best, only to see Shuster's fatal late-game errors put your team in an instant 0-4 deathlock.

6uXNWAo.png

What an ending to the Switzerland-Belarus qualification game!

2-2 after 3. 10 minute overtime solves nothing. First Swiss shooter scored, followed by a miss by the frist Belorussian. The 2nd Swiss shooter scored, but was matched by the 2nd Belorussian. The 3rd Swiss shooter missed, but Hiller stopped Sergei Kostitisyn on the final shot.

Obviously I'd have liked Sergei to score, but I follow Swiss hockey quite closely, and I love to see them do well.

1zqy8ok.gif

Plushenko continues to go for the gold medal in sore losing.

Russian skater upgrades to platinum from silver on his official website

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news-features/news/newsid=441532.html#plushenko+awards+himself+medal

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived