XXI Olympic Winter Games

WJMorris3

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bill Demong and Johnny Spillane go 1-2 in the Nordic Combined (Large Hill) as the US made history on winning their first individual Nordic Combined gold. The US finishes the Nordic Combined competition with 4 medals (1 gold 3 silver).

And the US has 30 Medals in these games. The most Winter Olympic medals the US has won in an non-hosting games.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Bill Demong and Johnny Spillane go 1-2 in the Nordic Combined (Large Hill) as the US made history on winning their first individual Nordic Combined gold.

The Nordic Combined is a perfect example of why people like the Olympics. I won't watch it for 4 more years, but I was riveted by. I was gutted when the Austrians beat the US in the team race yesterday.

Looking ahead to Sochi 2014, has a decision been made regarding NHL vs. International-sized ice for hockey?

It will probably be International sized rinks considering its in Russia, it would've cost Vancouver too much money to expand the ice surface.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Well, Canada just got a good measure of revenge for the men's loss to the U.S. by winning the Gold Medal in Women's Hockey.

Good for them... Although I could do without the American players crying. Come on now... Even though they lost, there is still the Silver Medal to enjoy.

That's a first. A Jay-Z sign in hockey. I can see that girls influence ...

Really? Knowing my old ass, I'd would of mistaken it for something else, like the Diamond Cutter you know.

I've seen Jay-Z do that sign, if not something similar. Anyways first thing that came to my mind. Rather than say hello to their family ( who knows it could of been a 1 in a life time moment to do so ), but instead they give a sign to the camera. I just found that odd, but funny.

But as for the game, it was good, crowd was energetic, supporting their team no matter what, as well I like the USA chant as the women where receiving their silver medals. Now its time for the Mens.

4kv29i.jpg

The biggest mistake of the Olympics... the mens 10 000m speed skating event where Sven Kramer was disqualified after a lane infringement cost him a victory.

Lindsey Jacobellis may be the Leon Lett of the Olympics, but Sven Kramer's coach has become their Bill Buckner.

FYP

VmWIn6B.png

The biggest mistake of the Olympics... the mens 10 000m speed skating event where Sven Kramer was disqualified after a lane infringement cost him a victory.
Lindsey Jacobellis may be the Leon Lett of the Olympics, but Sven Kramer's coach has become their Bill Buckner.
FYP
No, Sven Kramer is the Bill Buckner. His coach is the Olympics' version of John McNamara.

LvZYtbZ.png

As an American, I'm actually quite scared to see our team possibly face the Canadians. What comes around goes around; I think we'll get killed. But in all honesty, I don't even think the US will get past the Fins... :cry: A bronze medal would still be more than was expected though.

I think Canada will lose to Slovakia.

1. I'm expecting Canada to not fully be in this game, at least in the first period. The Canadians had all summer and fall looking forward to playing Russia (though, in the Gold Medal game, not the quarterfinals). Now that they crushed them, just about everyone is expecting Canada to waltz into the Gold Medal game. Emotion only takes you so far. How often do we see a team play a let-down game right after winning a rivalry/big game? Slovakia isn't as much of a rival to Canada as the US and Russia are.

2. Slovakia's a very good team. They beat Russia as well, and held them to 1 goal in the process. Their roster is full of guys that went 5-0 in pool play just four years ago.

Well, Canada just got a good measure of revenge for the men's loss to the U.S. by winning the Gold Medal in Women's Hockey.

Good for them... Although I could do without the American players crying. Come on now... Even though they lost, there is still the Silver Medal to enjoy.

Good to see the Gretzky's at the game.

Wayne was pulling for a Canadian victory, of course. Janet was hoping for Canada to beat the spread....

Kim Yu-Na wins gold for South Korea in Ladies Figure Skating, Mao Asada of Japan get the Silver and Joannie Rochette of gets the Bronze (I guarantee in 4 years her story will be in a Visa commercial...BTW my condolences to her and her family)

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Archived