2010 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Reds magic number is at 8. They'll likely win the division, that's not what I'm worried about. What I'm worried about is getting the number 2 seed. That would guarantee that we won't play the Phillies in the first round. I'd feel a lot better about the Reds chances against Atlanta or San Diego/San Francisco/Colorado in a 5 game series than I would against Philadelphia.

Me too. But more than anything else, I want home field advantage in the first round. I have tickets for home games 2 & 3. Neither are guaranteed if they open up the series on the road.

I think you're guaranteed that one of those would be a home game. If I'm not mistaken the first round is a 2-2-1 format. So you're going to get one of those games at home, but not both.

Forgive us people, we're Reds fans. Haven't done this in awhile.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Over the last couple weeks I've created a new division in my head, Yanks, Rays, and Twins. It's like a whole nother pennant chase: best record in the bigs.

Don't count the Fightin' Philadelphia Phillies out of that race - 1 game behind the Twins in the loss column, 2 behind the Yankees and Rays.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Over the last couple weeks I've created a new division in my head, Yanks, Rays, and Twins. It's like a whole nother pennant chase: best record in the bigs.

Don't count the Fightin' Philadelphia Phillies out of that race - 1 game behind the Twins in the loss column, 2 behind the Yankees and Rays.

Very true, but when I formed this division the Phillies didn't have a chance to affect the Twins shot at getting home field advantage vs. the Yunks in the playoffs. B)

But the Phillies kind of just snuck up while I haven't been paying attention. Last time I checked the Braves had it in the bag. Good thing it happened though, I'm not too fond of Atlanta.

Edit - Also my "500th" post, thanks for letting me back and not making too big of a fuss about it, guys. This is the best site on the internet as far as I'm concerned.

Just bored and doing a little looking back at this season...

Since July 21, the Phillies have gone 41-15 (.732). Really hoping they don't mess it up this week - they rigged it so H2O would face the Braves, so they've basically going for the KO punch. Hopefully they don't miss and get a shot in the gut.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Just bored and doing a little looking back at this season...

Since July 21, the Phillies have gone 41-15 (.732). Really hoping they don't mess it up this week - they rigged it so H2O would face the Braves, so they've basically going for the KO punch. Hopefully they don't miss and get a shot in the gut.

And I thought I was seeing the beginning of the end the first night off the break in Chicago for the Phillies...

6fQjS3M.png

From the land of bizarre injuries Tyler Colvin of the Cubs has just been impaled by a broken bat.

164733618-982424d3875dde5b0f515e4a0b526521.4c9664b8-scaled.jpg

Yikes...that's one hell of a splinter.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

From the land of bizarre injuries Tyler Colvin of the Cubs has just been impaled by a broken bat.

164733618-982424d3875dde5b0f515e4a0b526521.4c9664b8-scaled.jpg

Yikes...that's one hell of a splinter.

Yeah scary, he got really lucky it did not miss heart by that much. Even the way it hit him he has to spend sometime in the hospital to guard against his lung collapsing due to air getting in his chest, but MLB came within inches of a tragedy.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

The Reds magic number is at 8. They'll likely win the division, that's not what I'm worried about. What I'm worried about is getting the number 2 seed. That would guarantee that we won't play the Phillies in the first round. I'd feel a lot better about the Reds chances against Atlanta or San Diego/San Francisco/Colorado in a 5 game series than I would against Philadelphia.

Me too. But more than anything else, I want home field advantage in the first round. I have tickets for home games 2 & 3. Neither are guaranteed if they open up the series on the road.

I think you're guaranteed that one of those would be a home game. If I'm not mistaken the first round is a 2-2-1 format. So you're going to get one of those games at home, but not both.

I think he actually has it right. If the Reds do not get HFA, "home game 3" doesn't exist for them, and "home game 2" might not if the series is a sweep.

LvZYtbZ.png

Danny Valencia has hit 3 home runs in the past 4 games. He just crushed one into the upper deck at Target Field, and I think that may have been his second or third 2nd-decker this year. If he maintains this power next year, I'd say he could hit 20 to 30 homers.

I think he actually has it right. If the Reds do not get HFA, "home game 3" doesn't exist for them, and "home game 2" might not if the series is a sweep.

ahh, gotcha. Home game 2 and 3, not game 2 and 3. my mistake.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Has anyone brought up the Yankees new George Steinbrenner monument yet.

The thing is huge.

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=5597711

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Another great start by Cole Hamels last night to bring the Phillies division lead to 4. Was lucky enough to get a ticket for tonight to see Roy Halladay go for win #20. If my counting is correct, tonight will be the 119th straight sell out at CBP.

Gear grinder - despite having a season ticket package, I was only able to get tickets to two playoff games - NLDS home game 2, and NLCS home game 2. Was told that the senior season-ticket holders were eligible for NLCS and WS, and there would be a lottery for other season ticket holders... needless to say, I didn't win.

Archived