2010 MLB Season Thread

Gary

Can't say I'm seeing the political aspect here, but I am seeing a dumb attempt at jumping down Tnak's throat merely because he posted an ESPN article - a very interesting, well-written and sensitive article at that.

The post itself was not political motor mouth. My point was that dfwabel is bashing Tank over here because he doesn't like Tank's politics over in the Obama thread. Dfwabel bashes Tank every chance he gets. Which is why he "jumped down Tank's throat merely because he posted an ESPN article." And you haven't been around long enough to get away with calling Tank "Tnak."

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meanwhile in the hell known as Metville, where ownership is still trying to hide Bernie Madoff's money, and the team is not only mediocre, but boring. A team with high payoll and no motivation a team where the worst medical staff opperates as player injuries tally, and where the dumbest General Manager in baseball gets a pass, ensuring more suffering from their soon to be dwindling fan base comes this wonderfull nugget. K-Rod is one dumb Mother :censored:er

Francisco Rodriguez faces new charge

This is ridiculous his bail should be revoked and he should spend some time on Riker's Island. Anyone else doing that in the New York Court system would be held without bail.

Here are the texts

NEW YORK -- The Queens County District Attorney's office released the following text messages, allegedly sent in violation of a restraining order by New York Mets closer Francisco Rodriguez to girlfriend Daian Pena between Aug. 19 and Sept. 7:

• "I know this message could get me in trouble again, but I already lost you, my house and my children"

• "I do not want to have problems with your family, all I want ... is to recover you and my children and continue forward"

• "Lets find a solution to this conflict, baby if you really loved me do not deny me the opportunity to fight for you and my children"

• "Tell your father and mother, so that the three of us can get together and reach an agreement and leave things as they are and I can recover my house and my job, please lets find ... way to solve this."

• "Thank you for sinking me turning your back, take good care of my children ... and now I see that your were with me because of the money to see that your family ..."

• "Your parents are manipulating you like a marionette ... You are already a woman who can make her own decisions"

• "You are already a woman who can make her own decisions and because of that, our home in spite of its ups and downs we built it together no longer exist because of their greed. I pray to God that is not too late for you to open your eyes and reconsider."

• "Daian, I understand that perhaps I made a mistake, the biggest mistake of my life for doing what I did but I love you"

• "Things like this should not be done especially when your parents have what they have because of me, even clothes."

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

In their past three series, the Braves have gone 4-6, dropping series against the Pirates & Nationals in the process. SMDH. They're probably gonna be 2 or 3 games back by tonight.

In the meantime, they still have a chance to turn it around. They face the Mets in the weekend series, & then the Phillies after that. However, they will also be playing all of these games on the road, & will not return to the Ted until the final series of the year, against the Marlins. All of these games will be in the division.

This last month, however, will illustrate the difference between the Phillies & Braves: The Phillies beat their divisional foes on a regular basis & can win on the road. The Braves don't do any of that with any sort of regularity. That's probably gonna be the difference between the Braves winning the division & them losing it & maybe even losing out on a wild card spot.

The Sox have about a 3% chance of making the playoffs according to ESPN, but as much as I try to give up after events like getting swept at home by the White Sox in September, seeing the Yankees' 2-8 performance in the last 10 games coupled with a 4-game win streak .... it's damn hard to resist some quantity of hope. All I can reasonably hope for is that the Red Sox-Yankees series starting the 24th is a meaningful series in some way, shape, or form. Even if they get mathematically eliminated during that series, that would be an accomplishment in itself and a good way to close out a roller-coaster season. But, of course, not quite as good as finishing 13-3, sweeping the Yankees in the 6 remaining games together, and swooping in on the Wild Card lead on the last day of the season. ;)

The Sox have about a 3% chance of making the playoffs according to ESPN, but as much as I try to give up after events like getting swept at home by the White Sox in September, seeing the Yankees' 2-8 performance in the last 10 games coupled with a 4-game win streak .... it's damn hard to resist some quantity of hope. All I can reasonably hope for is that the Red Sox-Yankees series starting the 24th is a meaningful series in some way, shape, or form. Even if they get mathematically eliminated during that series, that would be an accomplishment in itself and a good way to close out a roller-coaster season. But, of course, not quite as good as finishing 13-3, sweeping the Yankees in the 6 remaining games together, and swooping in on the Wild Card lead on the last day of the season. ;)

If the Angels go 14-1 and that one loss doesn't come in one of their 7 remaining games against the Rangers, they can still win the AL West...

But yeah, I feel ya. Same with the Angels, if they can finish well can get within 2 or 3 or 4 games of the West at the end of it. I'll know had Morales not broken his leg on home plate, that the Halos would probably be in the playoffs. And I'd fully believe that if they can pull close to finish the season.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'll know had Morales not broken his leg on home plate, that the Halos would probably be in the playoffs. And I'd fully believe that if they can pull close to finish the season.

Then you're an idiot or have a simply unbelievable entitlement complex. Morales wouldn't be worth 10 wins in the second half, and when he got hurt the Angels were in second, barely keeping pace with the A's. The Angels, with or without Morales, were not a good team this year and weren't making the playoffs.

I'll know had Morales not broken his leg on home plate, that the Halos would probably be in the playoffs. And I'd fully believe that if they can pull close to finish the season.

Then you're an idiot or have a simply unbelievable entitlement complex. Morales wouldn't be worth 10 wins in the second half, and when he got hurt the Angels were in second, barely keeping pace with the A's. The Angels, with or without Morales, were not a good team this year and weren't making the playoffs.

I'm just saying if they make a run at the end and get it somewhat close then I'll stand by that. I'm not saying Morales makes them 10 games better right now. But if it does get closer, maybe some of those earlier losses mean a lot more than now. It's just the little things in a long season that add up.

The Angels have a terrible record in one-run games this season. Part of it is the junk bullpen they have that lets teams come back for those one run leads, but with Morales that's a few more runs here and there that probably make a difference in a bunch of those one run games.

10 wins might be much, but if the Angels get a couple more of those one-run wins, that leads to more confidence a maybe a winning streak or two. And plus they weren't barely keeping pace, they were 1 or 2 games behind the Rangers at that point and they were on a pretty good streak. And then it spiraled down after the injury.

It also hurt big time when Pinero went down, because he was actually pitching pretty well at the time.

I'm under no delusion that the Angels would have been a World Series contender or anything, but they'd be putting up a fight with the Rangers. When the games mean more each day, there's probably more effort put into it and that might translate to another win or so. There would at least be some semblance of a pennant race at this point.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Some things I've been thinking about:

- I have absolutely zero confidence in the Reds as a force in the postseason. We don't have the starting pitching (Bronson freaking Arroyo is our best starter right now), our offense is streaky as hell, and our closer is Francisco Cordero. It's been awesome getting to this point, but I don't see us winning a first round playoff matchup, especially if we play the Phillies in the NLDS. It's sort of the same feeling I had when the Blue Jackets made the playoffs for the first time. I was happy they were there, but I really couldn't visualize them beating the Red Wings.

- How funny it would be if the Astros caught the Cardinals. Right now they're only 5 games back.

- Troy Tulowitzki is good.

- The Phillies are probably going to win the National League again.

- If you're team has been to the playoffs more recently than mine, I don't want to hear complaints from you. For clarification, only the fan-bases of the Royals, Blue Jays, Pirates, and Nationals get a pass with me. I'll also let Orioles fans slide.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's sort of the same feeling I had when the Blue Jackets made the playoffs for the first time. I was happy they were there, but I really couldn't visualize them beating the Red Wings.

It's weird, because if you remember, a lot of the other members were picking the Jackets, but I had the same feeling as you.

Anyways back on topic, I'm an Indians fan which means I'm supposed to hate the Reds. But I don't. I actually kinda like the Reds (probably because they've never been any good recently... and how can you not like Griffey's team when you're growing up? :P)

But yeah, I'm happy to see some new blood into the playoffs this year (Texas and Cincy specifically).

6fQjS3M.png

An interesting article from my favorite baseball site, Fangraphs, about Derek Jeter cheating and why nobody in the media gives a :censored:. It would be really interesting to see what the same response would be had it been someone like Alex Rodriguez.

Yeah really. Listening to the radio on the way home from last night's game someone brought that up. I think since Jeter is Jeter it was a baseball move, but if it was a guy with a shady background with A-Rod, I would think that it'd get a worse press.

The Twins are unoffical champs of the AL Central.

Officially Johan Santana wanted out because the Twins would not do enough to build their team...he was particuarly upset when they let Luis Castillo go. How's that turning out? He's appeared in no postseason games and the Twins have appeared in two games 163 (neither of which they'd have needed with Johan) and are now going back to the postseason again. What may have been for Johan...and the Twins.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived