2010 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An interesting article from my favorite baseball site, Fangraphs, about Derek Jeter cheating and why nobody in the media gives a :censored:. It would be really interesting to see what the same response would be had it been someone like Alex Rodriguez.

Another interesting thing I thought about the article was that this episode highlights that depending on the type of cheating a player does, we have a different reaction.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I have a funny feeling that Torre will be the Braves manager in 2011.

If Freddi Gonzalez was not out there I would say that would be a possibility, but I think Gonzalez has all but been chosen already.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

If Freddi Gonzalez was not out there I would say that would be a possibility, but I think Gonzalez has all but been chosen already.

That would be interesting. Wasn't there some kind of bad blood between Marlins and Braves management? Something about the Marlins not honoring Cox in his last game in Miami? Or something that led up to that.

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

That would be interesting. Wasn't there some kind of bad blood between Marlins and Braves management? Something about the Marlins not honoring Cox in his last game in Miami? Or something that led up to that.

Well Gonzalez was fired a few months ago and I don't believe he had anything to do with that. He was however, the Braves 3B Coach for several seasons and is turning down interviews with teams like the Cubs. I think before he left for Florida was Manager in waiting now that he is jobless he is again.

Oh North Dakota are you sure about the Yankees? They are playing like the Mets lately and leaving a small army on base each game and can't even seem to beat the Orioles lately.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Oh North Dakota are you sure about the Yankees? They are playing like the Mets lately and leaving a small army on base each game and can't even seem to beat the Orioles lately.

Well A-Rod said something about that and gave them first place too (Thanks Brandon Wood). :D

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Well A-Rod said something about that and gave them first place too (Thanks Brandon Wood). :D

So the Angels are days away from mathematical elimination, and now Brandon Wood shows his face in the boxscore.

Awesome.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Jose Bautista hit his 49th Homer tonight.

Crickets and Tumbleweed that's all I'm hearing and seeing when it comes to Baseball media. This stat isn't even impressive anymore and it's sad

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

The Reds magic number is at 8. They'll likely win the division, that's not what I'm worried about. What I'm worried about is getting the number 2 seed. That would guarantee that we won't play the Phillies in the first round. I'd feel a lot better about the Reds chances against Atlanta or San Diego/San Francisco/Colorado in a 5 game series than I would against Philadelphia.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Reds magic number is at 8. They'll likely win the division, that's not what I'm worried about. What I'm worried about is getting the number 2 seed. That would guarantee that we won't play the Phillies in the first round. I'd feel a lot better about the Reds chances against Atlanta or San Diego/San Francisco/Colorado in a 5 game series than I would against Philadelphia.

Me too. But more than anything else, I want home field advantage in the first round. I have tickets for home games 2 & 3. Neither are guaranteed if they open up the series on the road.

Archived