2009-10 NHL Season Part 2

NEW.ERA

• Replies 694
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Matt Cooke got knocked out in one punch by Evander Kane. Left the ice on a stretcher. Karma.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

On another note, it would suck to see Henrik Sedin lose the Art Ross due to Ovechkin surpassing him by a point at the very last second.

On another another note, think about where he'd be at this stage if Daniel hadn't been out for 17 games.

On yet another another note, think about where Ovechkin'd be if he hadn't gotten injured and a ton of suspensions.

Apparently if you look at the points per minute on the ice as opposed to points per game, it's actually pretty close.

Even if Ovechkin wins the Art Ross, I'd still like to see Henrik (or Ryan Miller) win the Hart. If you take away all Ovechkin's goals, the caps would still be the highest scoring team in the NHL. Take away Henrik or Ryan Miller, and neither the Canucks or the Sabres even make the playoffs.

Matt Cooke got knocked out in one punch by Evander Kane. Left the ice on a stretcher. Karma.

Actually he skated off the ice on his own.

I saw them bring out the stretcher. I did see him walking down the tunnel by himself though on the replay after I posted. Oops?

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Tonight I am a Coyote, which is why they'll probably lose. Come on, house team.

EDIT: Oh no! They are losing! That blows. You really have to give a lot of credit to the discipline that Dave Tippett has them playing with. Here's a look at penalty minutes accrued by Dave Tippett-coached teams:

2004: 1123

2006: 1484

2007: 1111

2008: 1162

2009: 1134

2010: 901

Quelle improvement!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The Sedin Twins utterly embarrassed the Flames tonight, Hank Sedin moves 3 points in front of Ovechkin for the Art Ross lead.

I'm glad this season is over and let the Post-Mortem of the Flames begin.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Tonight could be Mike Modano's last NHL game.

-Dan

He is undecided, and his mother would like him to play another season (in Dallas) but Stars management aka Joe Niewendyk is not trying to be dragged into a game of chicken by the media. This is also the last game for Turco and Jere Lehtinen in a Stars uniform. The way that their last home game on Thursday panned out it should be the way for Mike and Jere to leave the game.

If Modano is done, then he fittingly (more so than anywhere else on the road anyway) finished in Minnesota. After the game he wore a North Stars jersey to an ovation. Seems like he is seriously considering retirement. If so, that means that there are no more former North Stars in the NHL.

Photo

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Habs clinch playoff birth, but I cannot blame anyone on the team who were visibly upset by the OT loss. That's just the way it is with non playoff teams. They always feed on making the end of the season very hard for those who made it.

Tonight could be Mike Modano's last NHL game.

-Dan

He is undecided, and his mother would like him to play another season (in Dallas) but Stars management aka Joe Niewendyk is not trying to be dragged into a game of chicken by the media. This is also the last game for Turco and Jere Lehtinen in a Stars uniform. The way that their last home game on Thursday panned out it should be the way for Mike and Jere to leave the game.

If Modano is done, then he fittingly (more so than anywhere else on the road anyway) finished in Minnesota. After the game he wore a North Stars jersey to an ovation. Seems like he is seriously considering retirement. If so, that means that there are no more former North Stars in the NHL.

Photo

On Thursday, he wore at least seven jerseys and had numerous sticks numbered, easily for any foundation auction when he goes, but who knows what he will do.

Bruins clinch birth by scoring 3 shorthanded goals - on the SAME penalty.

Most likely a record, but not confirmed yet.

Yeah, a new record. That was the most unusual thing I've seen in hockey since Patrik Stefan's missed breakaway towards an empty net.

The Sedin Twins utterly embarrassed the Flames tonight, Hank Sedin moves 3 points in front of Ovechkin for the Art Ross lead.

Sedin needs to win to keep the Art Ross streak alive. After 2 decades of it going to Lemieux, Jagr, and Gretzky, a different guy has won it 7 years straight.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Archived