Pepsi Wild Cherry finally gets new label

BadSeed84

image_48.jpg

I think it actually looks really good, except for the crappy smiling pepsi globe. If that was just the normal pepsi globe it would be awesome looking.

So Im guessing Pepsi One is the only pepsi left using the old pepsi globe.

Pepsi One? I thought Pepsi One (the one calorie Pepsi) was replaced by Pepsi Max (the zero calorie Pepsi) a long time ago.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Hasn't WC Pepsi been update for a while? At least the diet? I've bought 6-packs of bottles, and I swear they've been in the new style for a long time.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I thought the same thing when I picked up a 12 pack this weekend. It's the one label that I can actually tolerate that new globe on, because everything just works.

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

took them long enough. I wonder how much research was done so that the amount of red in the label was minimal enough so as to still be able to distinguish it as a Pepsi product rather than a Coke product

I'm just now noticing that the logo changes per bottle... why?

pepsiredesignbh2.jpg

...I've never noticed that.

Here's what Wikipedia, wealth of factual information, has to say:

The white area became a series of "smiles", with the central white band arcing at different angles depending on the product. Regular Pepsi has a medium-sized "smile", while Diet Pepsi has a small "smile". Pepsi Max's variant is the most different, using a large "smile" and also uses black in the bottom half of the globe as opposed to the more standard royal blue.

Source

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

I like how Pepsi alters the "smile" depending on the product. It's a cool, but subtle, effect.

I disagree, actually. Pepsi's up against Coke, one of the most iconic brands in the world. By utilizing different versions of their primary logo, Pepsi risks diluting their brand, which is bad under normal circumstances. It's made even worse when you consider Coke's monolithic brand.

Coke Zero is still the better product, and Canada needs to get more Zero flavors.

Yes, on both counts.

I like how Pepsi alters the "smile" depending on the product. It's a cool, but subtle, effect.

I disagree, actually. Pepsi's up against Coke, one of the most iconic brands in the world. By utilizing different versions of their primary logo, Pepsi risks diluting their brand, which is bad under normal circumstances. It's made even worse when you consider Coke's monolithic brand.

Coke Zero is still the better product, and Canada needs to get more Zero flavors.

Yes, on both counts.

Yes and yes. The different smiles are dumb. The rest of the rebrand is very good, but not perfect.

Coke Zero and Cherry Coke Zero are the bomb.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived