SEC Football concepts

dgnmrwrw

Here's the SEC. There are a lot of well-established looks here--and tons of tradition--so a lot of my work has been in tweaking, making things consistent, and adding very slight additional elements, such as sublimated patterns. (I'm not sure if the LSU stripes are working...) Pretty basic stuff here.

WEST

Alabama Home | Road

Arkansas Home | Road

Auburn Home | Road

Louisiana State Home | Home Alt | Clash | Road Alt

Mississippi Home | Home Alt | Road

Mississippi State Home | Road | Road Alt

EAST

Florida Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

Georgia Home | Road

Kentucky Home | Road | Road Alt

South Carolina Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt | Road Alt 2

Tennessee Home | Road

Vanderbilt Home | Home Alt | Road | Road Alt

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

I do not like the Kentucky design at all. The logo on the helmet is completely wrong along with adding the gray stripes. I respect your effort but that just isn't Kentucky. I do however like the LSU design.

spacer.png

Top notch work...Bama and Georgia look awesome.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Alabama- Very well done.

Arkansas- Looks like a Nike pattern rather than Adidas, but I like it.

Auburn- The same.

LSU- I didn't expect the "Geaux" number font to go so well with the current helmet logo, but it does.

Ole Miss- Silver trim on number looks different, but in a good way.

Mississippi State- Very well done.

Florida- Looks odd without "Gators" script on helmet, but doesn't look bad.

Georgia- Looks better with white oval, but still a good uniform.

Kentucky- Looks better with rectangular "UK", but an overall good set.

S. Carolina- Very good.

Tennessee- Great job, especially the helmet stripes matching up with the pants.

Vandy- Very good.

Alabama: Boring, but there's not a lot you can do with a team like this.

Arkansas: Looks better without the hogs on the shoulders IMO.

Auburn: Yes! Nice, clean, and simple= a great unifotm.

Louisiana State: I LOVE the upgrade, I think that changing the helmet logo to the midfield logo somehow would be iteresting.

Mississippi: Eh, decent. Nothing big here.

Mississippi State: Love the pant stripe, not feeling the shoulder stripe, though.

Florida: I dunno, the sublimated gator pattern had been tried many times on these boards, I don't think this one it that great.

Georgia: The helmet logo looks best with a whit outline.

Kentucky: Again, nice and clean.

South Carolina: Interesting pants stripe, I think you can get away with it, but the flag is actually blue instead of red, so this is a bit of a stretch.

Tennessee: Love the sublimated checkered pattern.

Vanderbilt: This looks almost too dull.

Don't know what you meant by the LSU stripes not working, they do in fact work.

If I have to pick a favorite it's Miss. St. and South Carolina.

Like you said at the outset, lots of tradition here and not much you could do. The only change I'd try is a couple years ago 'Bama went with the hound's tooth pattern within the collar. I'd personally like to see it permanent.

7824_large.jpg

love Tenn, LSU, SC and Vandy!! Florida is cool!

the only one I really didnt like was Georgia. I would rather have just seen the triple stripes return to the sleeves...changing the helmet logo and reversing the nob, plus adding pro style red socks?

As a fan of UGA, I have to put my extra two cents in and say that's the biggest no-no UGA concept ive ever seen!

but overall, 90% the time this series has been shweet!

Thanks for the replies. First let me say that the Georgia helmet was a complete mistake; I didn't mean for it to be reversed like that. I've no idea how I managed to do that or (more importantly) how I didn't catch it, but rest assured it will be fixed. Apologies.

I do not like the Kentucky design at all. The logo on the helmet is completely wrong along with adding the gray stripes. I respect your effort but that just isn't Kentucky.

This is the response I'm always afraid of getting whenever I redo someone's favorite team. People sometimes seem to have a set-in-stone picture in their head of what Team X should be, and anything else "just isn't" right. Unfortunately, that's not what this series is about. I'm putting my own take on each team; for instance, "fixing" what I perceive to be a squat and compressed logo, and keeping silver/gray, which I believe Kentucky has been using for a while.

South Carolina: Interesting pants stripe, I think you can get away with it, but the flag is actually blue instead of red, so this is a bit of a stretch.

If you've ever spent much time in the lovely state of South Carolina, you're bound to have seen these stickers on cars and such (I even see loads of them here in NC). It's the palmetto and moon from the flag, but in USC's crimson. (I've seen them in Clemson orange as well, but not nearly as often.) Simple, elegant, and effective, I think. It just seemed like such an identifiable and unique logo (and it seems that alumni and fans have really taken to it) that I wanted to use it if possible.

The only change I'd try is a couple years ago 'Bama went with the hound's tooth pattern within the collar. I'd personally like to see it permanent.

It may be hard to see (I intentionally made it very light), but there is a houndstooth patten on the collar and the lower side panels of the jersey.

I'm glad the LSU stripes seemed to work for people. I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I'll get an update up as soon as possible.

The only change I'd try is a couple years ago 'Bama went with the hound's tooth pattern within the collar. I'd personally like to see it permanent.

It may be hard to see (I intentionally made it very light), but there is a houndstooth patten on the collar and the lower side panels of the jersey.

I'm glad the LSU stripes seemed to work for people. I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I'll get an update up as soon as possible.

You're right. I didn't catch the pattern at first. <_< I guess the pattern is not as prominent as say the Tennessee checkerboard or the Tiger stripes and the Gator scales. I take back my comment then.

7824_large.jpg

LOVE LOVE the LSU road alt. It looks....glorious. Well done. Can I buy a #7 home jersey?

kthxbai.

only thing I'd consider switching is the old tiger head (which I LOVE the most) and the new LSU font. Or losing the old tiger head AND the LSU font and putting the Eye Of The Tiger over the name.

Difficult takes a day, Impossible takes a week

Yeah, the Bama houndstooth is very light. I didn't want it to be distracting, but I probably need to go back and darken it a bit.

Ironically, I found the following photo on my Yahoo front page this morning. So it seems like USC is already employing a moon-and-palmetto logo on the field, which I didn't realize.

usc.jpg

I love your series so far, I'll give some C&C since my favorite team is from the SEC.

Alabama- Really like what you did, I think it will look even better after you darken the houndstooth pattern a little bit.

Arkansas- Perfect, one of my favorites.

Auburn- I have always wondered why they don't look like this, I hate how the pants they have now do not match the helmet/jersey, so great job here.

LSU - Absolutely love this one! It's probably my favorite of the bunch. I do think the new Tiger would look a little better though.

Ole Miss - One of my least favorite, the gray doesn't really fit on the jerseys, and I think you could balance Red, white and blue on all of the jerseys better.

Miss. State - Another one of my favorites, really unique design that looks great.

Florida - I like everything about it except the shoulder stripes, I think they should all cut off together kind of like what you did for Kentucky.

Georgia - Don't like this one to much, I guess it would look better if the Nameplate matched the number font and the Helmet looked the same as it does now.

Kentucky - Like the fixed logo, but I think you should try something more modern for them.

South Carolina - Looks good, another unique design that looks good.

Tennessee - You fixed Tennessee completely, looks great, my favorite East concept!

Vanderbilt - Looks alright, but another team I think you could try something more modern for.

Great Work so far, looking forward to the rest of the series.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Archived