The 2010 Australian Football Thread

BB61

Another year of the great game known as "footy" begins on Thursday night with Richmond and Carlton meeting at the MCG. For the first time in, well, ever, live footy will be available each week on ESPN 360. Three games will be available each week, including a couple on ESPN2. All LIVE.

So, yeah, there's no excuse for you all not to be staying up late and watching this season.

Meanwhile, I'll be playing for the Philadelphia Hawks again. Season starts in May and ends in Louisville for the 2010 USFooty Championships. Support your local team, and get involved.

ETA: Oh, and I think the Cats, in spite of their rough performance in the NAB Cup, will repeat.

philly.png

I'm looking forward to the season. I just hoping tsn.ca will show a couple of games online as I don't have TSN2.

http://www.afana.com/drupal5/tvsched

.... oh and GO BOMBERS! :D

Dude! spend a few bucks and get TSN2!!! Or come over to my place... as long as you don't wear Bombers' gears ;)

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

It might just be that as a Tigers fan, I am less excited, but this season is the least interested I have been for years!

I even cancelled my membership (season tickets) after 15 straight seasons. :cry:

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Good luck with the Hawks again this year, Brian. Sorry I won't be able to come out and watch now.

GO CROWS!

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

For those in Toronto, the High Park Demons' season is starting up soon. We've begun pre-season training at Humberside CI north of High Park on Wednesday nights at 6:30-8:30. Why watch Australian football when you can actually play the game right in your backyard?

New players are always welcome and absolutely no experience is necessary. If you are interested, let me know. Details can also be found on our website or our Facebook page.

Friar%20Canuck.jpgfriarcanuck.png

• 1 month later...

So for those of you who want to actually see how awesome Australian Football really is (and it's really, really awesome, trust me), ESPN2 will be airing the Carlton Blues - Hawthorn Hawks match LIVE at Midnight EST.

I'll be watching it at home in GLORIOUS HD. ^_^

philly.png

So I caught half of the Carlton-Hawthorn match last night (couldn't stay up for the entire thing, I'd had a long & tiring day so I couldn't hang. :(), & I gotta tell you, it was mad exciting. Man, the physicality, the attitude, the skill, & the pace, it was all pretty cool to watch. After seeing that, I'll definitely try to keep tabs on what's going down in the world of Australian football.

Also, Carlton is now following me on twitter, so I guess that'd be a good team to pull for. :P

I watched the game as well myself and boy, Carleton just didn't show up for that game but Hawthorn did show up. It wasn't close by any means, but at least the Blues made it interesting for a little bit.

So I caught half of the Carlton-Hawthorn match last night (couldn't stay up for the entire thing, I'd had a long & tiring day so I couldn't hang. :(), & I gotta tell you, it was mad exciting. Man, the physicality, the attitude, the skill, & the pace, it was all pretty cool to watch. After seeing that, I'll definitely try to keep tabs on what's going down in the world of Australian football.

Also, Carlton is now following me on twitter, so I guess that'd be a good team to pull for. :P

And maybe come back to the WAFA? ^_^

philly.png

It would be cool since I'd actually know what's going on the next time around. :P

Also, I found a nifty link. The Game Analyser lets you watch all of the AFL games in their entirety, with the most recent round coming 12 hours after the game's completion. I'm surprised that with the video clips being subscription-only to international fans, that they have this for free.

Either way, I'm taking full advantage of this. Time to get caught up.

It would be cool since I'd actually know what's going on the next time around. :P

Also, I found a nifty link. The Game Analyser lets you watch all of the AFL games in their entirety, with the most recent round coming 12 hours after the game's completion. I'm surprised that with the video clips being subscription-only to international fans, that they have this for free.

The Game Analyser can be a hit or miss for me. I sometimes get the message about it not being "available" outside of Australia, but it's a great resource. I can also download a specific game using real player's download program. The video quality isn't that great, but it's reasonable. If you want higher quality there's always a bittorrent out there ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

The Game Analyser can be a hit or miss for me. I sometimes get the message about it not being "available" outside of Australia, but it's a great resource. I can also download a specific game using real player's download program. The video quality isn't that great, but it's reasonable. If you want higher quality there's always a bittorrent out there ^_^

Or if you've got $65 laying around, you can go to www.aussiesport.tv and get all the games streaming, in great quality, on a 12 hour delay.

philly.png

Or if you've got $65 laying around, you can go to www.aussiesport.tv and get all the games streaming, in great quality, on a 12 hour delay.

.. aw man... I've just found $64.99 laying on the floor ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

• 4 months later...

And to resurrect this thread ,the AFL Grand Final was held today @ MCG with Collingwood (last flag in 1990) taking on St. Kilda (last flag in 1966), and it ended in a 68-68 draw for the first time since 1977, so we will have a replay Next Saturday.

I guess nobody wanted to win this Grand Final after all.... :D

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

I'm just trying to picture the NFL, BCS or FIFA being willing to settle draws in their respective championship games in this manner, and drawing a complete blank.

One thing's for sure, though: As tiebreakers go, this beats the hell out of penalty kicks.

CCSLC signature.png

Between this and the USA-England draw, I'm ready to declare 2010 The Year of the Awesome Tie.

Next week's gonna be nuts.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived