Mountain West Football concepts

dgnmrwrw

Sorry for the delay, but here's the Mountain West. Couple of quick notes: The TCU helmet is like the one for Hawai'i: a metallic shell that's part black and part purple. I'm not sure about the red pants for New Mexico--I may end up changing them to white. And the Utah logo has been slightly changed to an older style U that they used previously, and the numbers now match that older style.

Air Force Home | Road | Road Alt

Brigham Young Home | Road | Road Alt

Colorado State Home | Road | Road Alt

New Mexico Home | Road | Road Alt

San Diego State Home | Road | Road Alt

Texas Christian Home | Road | Road Alt | Road Alt 2

UNLV Home | Road | Road Alt

Utah Home | Road | Road Alt

Wyoming Home | Road | Road Alt

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

If each of these uniforms went into effect as the real deal tommorrow, the Mountain West would be the best looking conference in the nation. Each uniform is sharp and executed incredibly well, and fit each team perfectly. As a die hard Utah fan, I am extremely pleased to see what you've done with my Utes. I always did like the old-stlye "U" they had and it's great to see it make a comeback and have influence on the uniform. Great work!!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I love all of these. My favorites are Wyoming, Utah and TCU. Only a couple suggestions though. For TCU I think that the black piping blends in too much with the purple, i think it would stand out better in white. Secondly, UNLV's home jersey needs a little white just to brighten things up a little. Otherwise, this is brilliant! Best conference from you IMO.

Air Force: Perfect

BYU: Perfect

CO State: Helmet is a nice alternative to the St. Louis Rams knockoff. Good set.

New Mexico: Very well done.

San Diego State: Very well done. One of my favorites.

TCU: Black gradient on helmet is a nice touch. Nicely done.

UNLV: Well done.

Utah: Nicely done.

Wyoming: Well done.

Kudos for using Faulk, Urlacher, and Novacek for their respective school designs. If I were you, I would've used Steve Young for BYU, Randall Cunningham for UNLV or even Sammy Baugh for TCU.

Names aside, I do like the gradient helmet on TCU, but not the pant stripes on SDSU. Other than that, this design package is deserving to be used on the field.

Quality is great, as usual... but nothing ground breaking. =\ I think you used the wrong helmet logo for the Aztecs.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I guess if the worst criticism I get is that I haven't done anything ground breaking this time, then that's ok. But I'll definitely take a closer look at everyone's input and have an update asap.

Yeah, one of the things I've noticed is your repeatedness of piping in different ways. I know I've seen the SDSU pants striping before.

Well, technically you did--on Louisiana Tech--but I ended up dropping them for a more traditional triple stripe. So those San Diego St pants stripes are currently unique in my collection of concepts, though both San Jose St and Arizona St are sorta similar.

If anything I've been relying on traditional striping too often, especially double and triple pants stripes. For instance, Air Force, Alabama, Auburn, BYU, Georgia, LSU, Mississippi, North Carolina, Pitt, Stanford, Syracuse, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, and Washington all use a traditional double stripe, and a few other teams use a variation on it.

Of course, I know that if I design an original stripe, then use it (or something similar) again, it's more likely to be remembered. That said, it was never my goal to make every single Division I-A/FBS school completely different in every detail, because that would be insanely difficult and would lead to some needlessly forced and complex designs. Since I've already posted 60 concepts and have many more to go, expect to see a bit of overlap here and there. I apologize in advance for any perceived lack of originality, but with around 100 college teams to do, it's gonna happen.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I changed TCU: the scaly pattern is now brighter on the purple fabric. Looks much better that way.

TCU Home update

So I think that's it for the Mountain West. Hopefully I'll have the next conference up later today.

Archived