2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

NEW.ERA

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that niemi clown wasn't even the #1 star tonight...er wait...

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

lol. If Niemi's still a stud at the All Star break next season I'll admit I was wrong.

Until then he's just one of a long list of goalie's who's capable of playing over his head for a couple month stretch.

Flyers in 7.

lol. If Niemi's still a stud at the end of the Series next week I'll admit I'm a happy mofo.

Until then he's just the playoff MVP on the team up 2-0 in the Stanley Cup Finals.

Blackhawks in 4.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

lol. If Niemi's still a stud at the All Star break next season I'll admit I was wrong.

Until then he's just one of a long list of goalie's who's capable of playing over his head for a couple month stretch.

Flyers in 7.

As opposed to... your goaltender who got you into the draft lottery?

It's pretty irresponsible not to blow the whistle on a maybe-goal as soon as possible. Shouldn't have had to roll the clock back a good minute and a half. You'd think once play had continued there was no way of going back, but apparently a Hawks goal would've been disallowed had they scored, stopping the clock for a review to show Philly scored. Ah well, weird officiating is a theme for the evening.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

That no-goal was about as close as it physically comes. It literally slid along the goal line for almost it's entire length before being corralled. Niemi mostly sucked tonight, and the hawks offense was glib. Need to correct friday night or we're in for the long haul.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I don't care who wins, I'm just glad that we won't have to sit through a versus stanley cup presentation. Going in to tonight that was all I cared about when it came to this series. Now I can sit back and enjoy the hockey for the rest of the finals.

PvO6ZWJ.png

It's pretty irresponsible not to blow the whistle on a maybe-goal as soon as possible. Shouldn't have had to roll the clock back a good minute and a half. You'd think once play had continued there was no way of going back, but apparently a Hawks goal would've been disallowed had they scored, stopping the clock for a review to show Philly scored. Ah well, weird officiating is a theme for the evening.

First time watching hockey? Imagine how many whistles there would be if they blew play dead every time they thought it went in.

Flyers in 7.

As opposed to... your goaltender who got you into the draft lottery?

What? I'm not talking about the Blues. Critiquing another team doesn't mean you're saying you're team is better. The Blues have been the definition of mediocre for most of the last 2 years. There was 3 months (last year) when they played as well as anyone mostly because Chris Mason played as well as any goalie. But that's actually my point about Niemi. Is Chris Mason the best goalie in the league or even top 5? No. He's middle of the pack. 13-17 probably. But he still played that good for 3 months. Just like Niemi...

But whatever.

Good game tonight from the parts I got to see. It's not over yet...

First time watching hockey? Imagine how many whistles there would be if they blew play dead every time they thought it went in.

Well, if it's close enough that the horn sounds, that might be a hint to stop play.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

But it isnt even weird officiating, thats league rule. Just because some homer jumps the gun pulling the air horn shouldnt bring a game to a stop, and its certainly not like your going to have that problem should the visiting team run into the same situation.

Archived