2010 NBA Playoffs thread

TrueYankee26

Anyone tune into ESPN this morning? They're in full 'Celtic Panic Mode' after their Game 4 overtime loss to Orlando.

Really, guys? Give me a f***ing break!

Talk to me after Game 6 if the Celtics lose Game 6 than I will believe they are in trouble. This is the NBA no team has ever comeback from 0-3, and though the Magic may win Game 5, I can't see the Celtics losing another at home.

Very true, but I also couldn't see the Magic dropping 2 straight home games to open the ECF...just sayin'.

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I figured we'd hear from you again once the Magic won a game. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

And the Western Conference Finals is tied at 2-2. Now the real test for the Suns is that in order to win this series, they must win at the Staples Center where the Lakers are undefeated at home in the Playoffs....so far.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

To paraphrase and quote Kobe on tonight's game, because it's true:

The scoring wasn't the problem, but the Lakers "defense sucked."

It's really true. We knew that the game was going to be won by somebody that scored 100 points, but the problem was that both teams did. Lakers were fine with the zone, but they couldn't hold the Suns bench. Not to mention the free throw misses and the margin between the two.

And Jordan Farmar needs to figure out his Goran Dragic problem.

And yes, Phoenix still needs to win at Staples Center.

Lakers in 6.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Magic should come out flying tonight.

Hope the Celtics are prepared for tonight's intensity.

I agree -- I'm fully expecting Orlando to have their guns blazing right after the tip. That said, I won't be surprised if either team wins tonight. The Magic certainly have some newfound confidence that could propel them to victory on their home court. The Celtics, on the other hand, have proven that they can win with conviction on the road (especially in Orlando) and are an experienced enough team to weather the Magic's storm. Should be a fun one.

Of course! But i'm also a realistic thinker and I'm not going to get my hopes up unless the Magic can get past tonight(don't want to jump ahead) and pull off a win in Boston(now that would be impressive).

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

Of course! But i'm also a realistic thinker and I'm not going to get my hopes up unless the Magic can get past tonight(don't want to jump ahead) and pull off a win in Boston(now that would be impressive).

The Magic certainly look like they're on their way to a victory tonight. They've dominated play thus far, even though it's an eight-point game as I type. They're getting open looks, getting back on defense, and playing with more energy than the Celtics.

The Magic certainly look like they're on their way to a victory tonight. They've dominated play thus far, even though it's an eight-point game as I type. They're getting open looks, getting back on defense, and playing with more energy than the Celtics.

Am I the only one who thinks this Magic team could be the first team ever to come back from 0-3 down?

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

Gregmond: No. I guarantee that will be the buzz if the Magic win, and Stu Scott was already hinting it at halftime. When you break it down, it really doesn't seem all that impossible, does it?

I get that they're (mostly) unintentional, but I'm kinda tired of Howard's elbows throwing around and hitting people (and hurting people) and not even getting a personal called. Fine -- eject Perkins on complete BS, but at least call 1/2 of those elbows. He does it because he gets away with it, and I don't necessarily blame him for that. It just should be a foul.

Alright, this is personal now. :censored: Orlando. This game could not have really gone any worse, save for Sheed. It's gametime now. Time to crack down and whoop some sorry behind Friday night. The Plan: Suit up everyone we have; suit up Scal, Shelden, Tony Gaffney, Doc, Eddie Lacerte, Tommy Heinsohn, Bill Russell, and even Red Auerbach. It's Hack-a-Howard for the entire Game 6.

I am NOT witnessing another 3-0 chokefest. Put them away Friday, or it could mean go home (by way of Orlando) crying. This is where it gets intense, irrational, and really, really interesting. It would also be nice to have Perkins, but that would mean rescinding at least one of two crap-ass technicals. I wouldn't count on it.

Oh, and if Doc calls one more Pierce Iso at the end of a quarter, fire him. This could have been a 4-0 sweep if Doc had called timeout at the end of Game 4, or even called a different play, instead of letting Pierce blow it yet again.

The main reason it seems plausible is because the Bruins just blew it last week.

No one would have been hyping a total comeback as much.

Celts get 10% of these ticky tack calls Friday,

and the Magic don't incapacitate the rest of the team,

the Celts win by 25.

sig-1.png

Oh, and if Doc calls one more Pierce Iso at the end of a quarter, fire him. This could have been a 4-0 sweep if Doc had called timeout at the end of Game 4, or even called a different play, instead of letting Pierce blow it yet again.

Agreed ... you had Rondo standing there alone, and Pierce losing the ball in the double team.

The opportunity to close out the series at the end of regulation in game four was too big to just "wing it". Call time out, advance the ball, draw up a play and get a decent look at the bucket. This series should be over ... instead, I'm thinking about game 7!

Richmond.pngCanucks-1.png49ers-1.pngMariners-2.png

Thanks to Gobbi for the awesome buttons!

I don't think that was a "wing it" situation though. The announcers also pointed it out, but it was intentional so Orlando couldn't set up a defense. Unfortunately, anyone with half a brain knew what was coming and they were good enough to stop PP in his tracks, without even getting a shot off. They should have just mixed it up for once. Let Ray take a shot, or let Rondo drive. Surprise them.

Archived