2010 NBA Playoffs thread

TrueYankee26

Yeah no luck there.

Kobe's foot was inbounds. Artest saw the shot was going to be short. Crashed in. Turn around. In.

And not only did Artest show his new commitment on that play, after the game he didn't go out drinking, or clubbing, or whoring it up somewhere. Nope. Ron Ron went straight from Staples and knocked a few sets out at the gym. Way to freaking go Ron. I love it.

Laker fans have been waiting all year for his "Laker moment," something that really ingrains him as part of this squad. It wasn't the great defense. It wasn't his team-styled hair. It definitely wasn't his ill-advised shots. It was that game-winning basket. Welcome to the team, Ron.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right place right time for Artest is all, as many times as I watched the replay, I would have just hoped Kobe would have a foot on the line they missed, but anyhow....

Celtics gotta take care of business tonight, they're tired, hurt, and up against the wall, but they take care of business at the Garden. Go C's!

Except for when they don't...like Game 4. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Yeah the Celts my be the worst team at blowing leads if I heard Stuart Scott right but there is NO way the Magic come back from this one.

Rematch of 2008 which isn't such a bad thing as it absorbs two of the biggest fan bases in the NBA and some of the games biggest stars most notably the Black Mamba, but me as a casual NBA fan up in Canada I can't get excited for the Lakers (probably) going to their third straight final. Now if the Suns can do the amazing my interest goes way up.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Yeah the Celts my be the worst team at blowing leads if I heard Stuart Scott right but there is NO way the Magic come back from this one.

Rematch of 2008 which isn't such a bad thing as it absorbs two of the biggest fan bases in the NBA and some of the games biggest stars most notably the Black Mamba, but me as a casual NBA fan up in Canada I can't get excited for the Lakers (probably) going to their third straight final. Now if the Suns can do the amazing my interest goes way up.

Same for me here (except the Canada part). As much as I like Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett, I am really pulling for Steve Nash and the Suns to win this thing. But as long as it is anyone but the Lakers I'll be content.

Paul Pierce be faking. Even my basketball-crazy nine-year-old nephew knows that.

That is all.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Sigh, looks like unless theres a miracle by the magic and a suns road victory where looking at LAKERS VS CELTICS again...Can any other team other than the spurs celtics or lakers win a championship in this era?

Interesting stat since 1980 only 8 teams have been able to win an NBA Title.

LA Lakers 9

Chicago 6 (All in one decade)

Boston 4

San Antonio 4

Detroit 3

Houston 2

Miami 1

Philadelphia 1

And if you go back from 1970-80 8 teams won an NBA Title.

New York 2

Boston 2

Milwaukee 1

LA Lakers 1

Golden State 1

Portland 1

Washington 1

Seattle 1

Just shows parity come playoff time doesn't happen.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

So a team that the Atlanta Hawks dominated all season ends up beating the team that dominated the Atlanta Hawks all season to advance to the Finals. These playoffs just get worse & worse for me. :P

Boston fans chant: BEAT LA!

one question, is the Western Conference Finals over yet? (Even though Artest made it a step closer to that though), there is a Game 6 tomorrow , so hold your jets PLEASE! <_<

Besides you might get Phoenix, for all i care. :P

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Sigh, looks like unless theres a miracle by the magic and a suns road victory where looking at LAKERS VS CELTICS again...Can any other team other than the spurs celtics or lakers win a championship in this era?

Miami says "Hi."

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Sigh, looks like unless theres a miracle by the magic and a suns road victory where looking at LAKERS VS CELTICS again

And for the NBA Finals, it really gets no better than that.

6uXNWAo.png

Miami says "Hi."

Detroit also says hi.

The heat was pretty much a fluke

Miami says "Hi."

Detroit also says hi.

The heat was pretty much a fluke

In what way pray tell? They beat a very good Detroit team. They beat a very good Mavericks team that, by the way, also beat a very good Spurs team. The Heat earned their title.

Also, the Mavericks would be saying "Hi" instead of the Heat if they had won the finals, so my point stands.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The Heat benefitted from one of the worst officiated games I've ever seen when they were down 2-0 in the series and by 13 points with six minutes left and the officials handed them the game. I think in one of the games D-Wade shot more free throws than the entire Mavericks team.

I was cheering for the Heat in those Finals and I thought it was absolutely absurd.

But I guess with that said it still would've been a different team winning the NBA Finals.

IUe6Hvh.png

You had to figure that Orlando just didn't have enough in the tank. They expended all of their energy putting this series even to a Game 6 that when Game 6 rolled around and Boston stormed out of the gate, the Magic was all but ready to waive the white flag.

Now, with Boston winning you could have a decent NBA Finals possibly with either the Lakers or the Suns. With the Lakers, the rivalry and the history would be the key talking points. If Phoenix somehow wins, then you can bring up the possible idea of how Boston can handle the free wheeling offense that Phoenix employs.

Sigh, looks like unless theres a miracle by the magic and a suns road victory where looking at LAKERS VS CELTICS again

And for the NBA Finals, it really gets no better than that.

Im not a fan of watching the same teams win over and over again, other than yankees vs redsox i hate it. Maybe it's because im younger and i've never seen Bird Magic.

Archived