2010 NBA Playoffs thread

TrueYankee26

I really am surprised that you linked those now since they have been out for over a year. I thought that a link to your Conference Finals was going to be here.

Seriously? You're surprised that Tank posted an old YouTube clip? What's next? Surprise that Charger77 signs every post with -Dan?

BB52Big.jpg

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see this mentioned and while I thought this sounded weird, I also thought it might explain a few things if it were in fact true.

There have been several articles published about Lebron James' teammate Delonte West having and affair with Lebron's mother, Gloria. Furthermore, that he didn't find out about it until midway through the series with the Celtics. It might prove interesting if James' game was affected by this.

While it sounds like a load of garbage, if it's the real deal it would go towards either James leaving the team or West. If he did just find out about it I can't imagine James wanting to share a locker room with someone nailing his Mom, for that matter I would think he might suspect a few other teammates of covering for West. So James might be even more serious of taking his talents elsewhere as not only would he want to get away from his teammates, but perhaps away from his mother too. Can't say I'd blame him, if a co-working even younger than I am was having an affair with my mother behind my back I don't think I'd really want to stick around. Yes, on one hand you could say everyone involved is an adult, but on the other hand...eww.

Main source

Article 1

Article 2

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

I didn't see this mentioned and while I thought this sounded weird, I also thought it might explain a few things if it were in fact true.

There have been several articles published about Lebron James' teammate Delonte West having and affair with Lebron's mother, Gloria. Furthermore, that he didn't find out about it until midway through the series with the Celtics. It might prove interesting if James' game was affected by this.

While it sounds like a load of garbage, if it's the real deal it would go towards either James leaving the team or West. If he did just find out about it I can't imagine James wanting to share a locker room with someone nailing his Mom, for that matter I would think he might suspect a few other teammates of covering for West. So James might be even more serious of taking his talents elsewhere as not only would he want to get away from his teammates, but perhaps away from his mother too. Can't say I'd blame him, if a co-working even younger than I am was having an affair with my mother behind my back I don't think I'd really want to stick around. Yes, on one hand you could say everyone involved is an adult, but on the other hand...eww.

Main source

Article 1

Article 2

If "Terez Owens" and "Seven Sided Cube" have it then it must be true. :rolleyes:

BB52Big.jpg

Sometimes you just don't have your best and sometimes you lose. It just happens. We don't need conspiracy theories to explain the Cavs' loss. So far we've heard this one, then there's, "Lebron took too many painkillers before game 5" or "Lebron wanted to leave so he tanked games 5 and 6". It's ridiculous. The Cavaliers simply lost to a team that played better than they did.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Sometimes you just don't have your best and sometimes you lose. It just happens. We don't need conspiracy theories to explain the Cavs' loss. So far we've heard this one, then there's, "Lebron took too many painkillers before game 5" or "Lebron wanted to leave so he tanked games 5 and 6". It's ridiculous. The Cavaliers simply lost to a team that played better than they did.

Dude, you know it's never that simple in Cleveland. Honest to God, these idiot Cleveland fans and local media hacks have turned me against The Indians and now they're doing it with The Cavs. I'd have already quit The Browns but the roots are just too deep to pull up.

Thanks to satellite radio and TV I've been able to watch and listen to how sports are handled in markets all over the country. In that time I've come to the realization the Cleveland sports are a joke for a reason; and it's not because of the teams. We can thanks our "fans" and the idiots in the media for that. When I think of Cleveland sports the phrase "act like you've been somewhere" always comes to mind. It's embarrassing.

BB52Big.jpg

Dude, you know it's never that simple in Cleveland. Honest to God, these idiot Cleveland fans and local media hacks have turned me against The Indians and now they're doing it with The Cavs. I'd have already quit The Browns but the roots are just too deep to pull up.

Thanks to satellite radio and TV I've been able to watch and listen to how sports are handled in markets all over the country. In that time I've come to the realization the Cleveland sports are a joke for a reason; and it's not because of the teams. We can thanks our "fans" and the idiots in the media for that. When I think of Cleveland sports the phrase "act like you've been somewhere" always comes to mind. It's embarrassing.

This does not help at all either:

Please Stay LeBron

If this was 1985 and this stayed local, it could be seen as cute, but in the age of YouTube this is now an eternal punchline. Since this was made with media members and politicians, they should have known better...much better.

From cleveland.com

"Cavs fined: A team spokesman confirmed the Cavs were fined by the NBA for wearing their alternate CavFanatic jerseys for Games 3 and 4 of the series with the Celtics. During the postseason, teams are only permitted to wear their official jerseys.

The Cavs' official jerseys are white (home) and wine (road). They are also permitted to use their official alternate blue jersey home or away. The Cavs used two other jerseys this season, throwback blue and orange and the bizarre CavFanatic jersey which was orange and wine."

I thought the Cavfanatic jersey was wine & gold.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

Speaking of out of the playoffs, looks like the Orlando Magic are becoming the Orlando Tragic in the Eastern Conference Finals, and we will get Lakers vs Celtics for the 100th time.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

the Orlando Magic are becoming the Orlando Tragic in the Eastern Conference Finals

I am not gonna lie, I laughed.

But yeah...I'm beginning to realize that the Celtics just turned the switch on for the playoffs & that they really just saw the regular season as practice for the REAL season, because this is ridiculous. They haven't looked like a possible title contender since November, and they haven't looked this good since 2008. Plus Rondo is MUCH better now than then, which means that this team could probably win another title. They may be old, dirty, flopping douchebags, but when they are healthy, they are still one of the best teams in the NBA.

Too bad nobody's beating the Lakers this year...again.

Wow, for the first time in Celtic history, they win both games 1&2 of a playoff series on the road.

Not sure how many series the Cs have not had home court for over time, but it is an interesting stat with all the series they have won.

sig-1.png

the Orlando Magic are becoming the Orlando Tragic in the Eastern Conference Finals

But yeah...I'm beginning to realize that the Celtics just turned the switch on for the playoffs & that they really just saw the regular season as practice for the REAL season, because this is ridiculous. They haven't looked like a possible title contender since November, and they haven't looked this good since 2008. Plus Rondo is MUCH better now than then, which means that this team could probably win another title. They may be old, dirty, flopping douchebags, but when they are healthy, they are still one of the best teams in the NBA.

pau-gasol-scowls-at-referee1.jpg

Are you sure you have the right guy there Flame? ^That man says that that title belongs to him, and who are you to disagree? :P

Well... guess who's making a believer out of me. I don't want to get too optimistic, but the C's are looking better than they have since Christmas Day. :censored:in' Rondo, what an animal. I just worry about his body holding up in 5 years from how much he gets beat up every day, but right now, unstoppable.

LOVE the defense on Howard. Call it dirty, annoying, whatever -- NOTHING is easy for him. Either he gets fouled hard when he has the advantage or stood up to make it a tough shot -- this is why Sheed is here, and when Sheed is here, Sheed is here. Where have you been all my season Sheed? Anyway, Orlando really needs to play better D. Quick passing is killing them. I love it! I love Tony Allen! (Seriously -- he makes some sick move, dribbles so hard to the basket he almost loses it, and jumps way too hard the wrong way and misses an easy layup. You know it's coming, but you want it to go in so badly! I feel for you, Tony. And when it does go in, I love you. The quintessential tragic hero. At least for me.)

My 1 fear, though... Celtics take a 3-0 lead and then Bruin the series by losing 4 straight. What an epic, horrendous fail that would be. Got to stop thinking those thoughts.

Edit: I love that Pau photo. I was trying to find one of him flopping wildly but this one is great. Avatar, anyone?

pau-gasol-scowls-at-referee1.jpg

Are you sure you have the right guy there Flame? ^That man says that that title belongs to him, and who are you to disagree? :P

Well... guess who's making a believer out of me. I don't want to get too optimistic, but the C's are looking better than they have since Christmas Day. :censored:in' Rondo, what an animal. I just worry about his body holding up in 5 years from how much he gets beat up every day, but right now, unstoppable.

LOVE the defense on Howard. Call it dirty, annoying, whatever -- NOTHING is easy for him. Either he gets fouled hard when he has the advantage or stood up to make it a tough shot -- this is why Sheed is here, and when Sheed is here, Sheed is here. Where have you been all my season Sheed? Anyway, Orlando really needs to play better D. Quick passing is killing them. I love it! I love Tony Allen! (Seriously -- he makes some sick move, dribbles so hard to the basket he almost loses it, and jumps way too hard the wrong way and misses an easy layup. You know it's coming, but you want it to go in so badly! I feel for you, Tony. And when it does go in, I love you. The quintessential tragic hero.)

My 1 fear, though... Celtics take a 3-0 lead and then Bruin the series by losing 4 straight. What an epic, horrendous fail that would be. Got to stop thinking those thoughts.

That should be in the urban dictionary :D

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

Archived