2010 NBA Playoffs thread

TrueYankee26

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Riddance LeBron. Better to just leave and let the team suck then keep us Cleveland fans hanging on.

That was so uninspired. Down by 9 with a minute left and not fouling? Down by 9 with 30 seconds and walking it up the floor with no sense of urgency? Then Varejao taking the shot with 15 seconds? And then not fouling?

Mike Brown should be fired. This team never recovered from throwing the last week of the season more or less.

6fQjS3M.png

As much as I hate the Celtics...a good deed was done tonight. Every time the Cavs have beaten the Hawks over the past 3 years, it's been shady circumstances. LeBron winning a game with free throws at .1 seconds left on a phantom foul, shot clock not being reset, more stuff. Not to mention the fact that this team would have dance sessions on the sideline that ANY OTHER TEAM would be criticized in the media for. That was just a hard team to like if you didn't like LeBron...& karma swiftly kicks them in the ass. Best record in the league 2 years in a row, & not even a trip to the finals. Now it's looking like LeBron is gone, & most of those 'fans' are going to follow LeBron to his next city.

However, I do feel bad for all of the hardcore Cleveland fans that, once again, have to sit through the pain of another playoff disappointment. It's like a dark cloud is permanently floating over that city when it comes to sports.

OK... 1.) LeBron did keep us hanging on way too long.

2.) Mike Brown will be fired in the next 7 days.

3.) LeBron will not be playing for the Knicks next season... he is at minimum 3 years away from making it to the play offs, any less out of the first round.

4.) He is not playing for Chicago. He doesn't even like sharing the number 23, no way he is going to be in MJ's shadow IN Chicago.

5.) He is not going to Miami, he is not sharing the spot line with another super star.

6.) New Jersey and Clippers are in the running. a.) NJ has a nice, young core to work with, and a top draft pick coming... i.e. Harris, Even Turner, LBJ, Lopez, with Lee off the bench.

7.) Clippers also have a nice young core, but I don't see him sharing with Kobe.

_CLEVELANDTHATILOVEIndians.jpg

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

At least Lebron is shaking hands this time? :/

Like I've said, i haven't watched a lot of the NBA this year, but from what I've seen of the Cavs (who have been the team I've watched the most) they're a front running team and when things aren't going well, they fold.

Still, the fair weather fans around my job get to STFU for the rest of the season. As for me, it's time to jump on the Magic bandwagon.

LBJ-Wade-Bosh

Next core for the Bulls with Derrick Rose at the point.

lol, good luck paying for that. One or two of those guys are gonna be taking a pretty big paycut for that to happen.

LeBron James was the only thing that gave that franchise ANY relevance (well relevance as anything other than a running joke). Good riddance? Kept you hanging on too long? Y'all are talking crazy right now. But if your wishes come true and LeBron doesn't re-up in Cleveland, enjoy going 23-59 every year waiting for the next superstar to make your joke ass franchise relevant.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

well that was comical. the Cavs blew what may have been their best shot at the title and have absolutely no one to blame but themselves and their butterfingers.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

As much as I hate the Celtics...a good deed was done tonight. Every time the Cavs have beaten the Hawks over the past 3 years, it's been shady circumstances. LeBron winning a game with free throws at .1 seconds left on a phantom foul, shot clock not being reset, more stuff. Not to mention the fact that this team would have dance sessions on the sideline that ANY OTHER TEAM would be criticized in the media for. That was just a hard team to like if you didn't like LeBron...& karma swiftly kicks them in the ass. Best record in the league 2 years in a row, & not even a trip to the finals. Now it's looking like LeBron is gone, & most of those 'fans' are going to follow LeBron to his next city.

However, I do feel bad for all of the hardcore Cleveland fans that, once again, have to sit through the pain of another playoff disappointment. It's like a dark cloud is permanently floating over that city when it comes to sports.

God damn are you right! I love seeing Lebron lose. Especially during the season that he walks around like king of the damn world. Meanwhile, real champions like Kobe and Garnett are just doing their job and winning. But hey, Lebron would look good in a Bulls uni:

31066_1461783233381_1497457229_1165473_7354189_n.jpg

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

And for whoever has the sig showing pictures of The Drive, The Shot, The Fumble, The Hit... add The Elbow. (I say that in jest, please don't spam me with hate)

SAINT IGNATIUS WILDCATS | CLEVELAND BROWNS | CLEVELAND CAVALIERS | CLEVELAND INDIANS | THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

Well, I'll just get this over with and admit it now: I am a LeBron James fan and will root for whatever team he is on, whether or not that is the Cavs. Being in Cincinnati, I don't have an NBA team to root for, so I root for players (LeBron, Shaq-when he's not with Kobe, Paul Pierce, Steve Nash, Kenyon Martin, and others), with the exception of the Memphis Grizzlies, I just love that team. So feel free to hate others like me, but I don't remember all this hate for Michael Jordan (I am NOT trying to compare the two ability-wise, they both dominate(d) the game in different ways, they're both just some of the greatest players in their respective eras), but then again maybe I was too young.

So feel free to hate others like me, but I don't remember all this hate for Michael Jordan

MJ didn't have a breakdance session in the middle of a regular season game on numerous occasions either. :P

At least you're admitting it now. I'd imagine that most of the LeBron fans are gonna stick around with the Cavs for a few games next season, & then jump right on the bandwagon of whatever team that he's playing for next season.

lol at whoever said the Bulls will sign LeBron, Wade, and Bosh. I'd be shocked if they sign one. I'm ready to settle for Rudy Gay. I'll still hope for LeBron like an idiot, but he's probably going to New York. RIP Cleveland basketball.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I can see Wade going to Chicago.

If you want the real moves in the off season, outside of LeBron and whatever he does, Joe Johnson and Amare to Knicks. Boozer to Miami.

EDIT: Wade, LeBron and Bosh to Chicago? Um... they can only afford to sign ONE max free agent. So... sign and trade possibilities? right.

OK... 1.) LeBron did keep us hanging on way too long.

2.) Mike Brown will be fired in the next 7 days.

3.) LeBron will not be playing for the Knicks next season... he is at minimum 3 years away from making it to the play offs, any less out of the first round.

4.) He is not playing for Chicago. He doesn't even like sharing the number 23, no way he is going to be in MJ's shadow IN Chicago.

5.) He is not going to Miami, he is not sharing the spot line with another super star.

6.) New Jersey and Clippers are in the running. a.) NJ has a nice, young core to work with, and a top draft pick coming... i.e. Harris, Even Turner, LBJ, Lopez, with Lee off the bench.

7.) Clippers also have a nice young core, but I don't see him sharing with Kobe.

LeBron in Newark with the Nets?

That is the impossible dream.

What would that even look like?

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Well, I'll just get this over with and admit it now: I am a LeBron James fan and will root for whatever team he is on, whether or not that is the Cavs. Being in Cincinnati, I don't have an NBA team to root for, so I root for players (LeBron, Shaq-when he's not with Kobe, Paul Pierce, Steve Nash, Kenyon Martin, and others), with the exception of the Memphis Grizzlies, I just love that team. So feel free to hate others like me, but I don't remember all this hate for Michael Jordan (I am NOT trying to compare the two ability-wise, they both dominate(d) the game in different ways, they're both just some of the greatest players in their respective eras), but then again maybe I was too young.

There was :censored: ton of MJ hate. He was dogged for YEARS for not being able to win "the big one" and for being "me first" player or a "ball hog" that "didn't make his team better" and a whole bunch of other :censored: that seems crazy after the double three-peats.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Archived