2010 NBA Playoffs thread

TrueYankee26

79-54 Magic, end of Q3, Game 3.

Yeah, this is over. The Magic might as well start practicing for either Boston or Cleveland. The Hawks are finished. Hopefully the Joe/Woodson era is finished as well.

Wow. Another EASY win for Orlando.

Thus far, the Magic are looking scary, like '2001 L.A. Lakers' scary!

I'm kinda sad that it took the Magic beating up on a team that gave up halfway through Game 1 for people to realize that the best team in the playoffs have been the Magic. I think I said earlier in the thread that the best team in the East is the Magic. They know how to and know that they can definitely beat the Cavs & Celtics, & they can take the best that the west has to offer as well. Plus, Jameer Nelson is healthy so that also helps them a bunch.

I really wouldn't be surprised one bit to see a Magic-Lakers Finals rematch.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, this is over. The Magic might as well start practicing for either Boston or Cleveland. The Hawks are finished. Hopefully the Joe/Woodson era is finished as well.

No, they remind me of the 2009 Cleveland Cavaliers. Cake walking through the first two rounds of the playoffs. We'll see what happens after the first time they get punched in the mouth.

Clevelandcavaliersfirstlogo.gif Cleveland Cavaliers Curent Logo.png Cavs New Logo 2017-18.jpg

No, they remind me of the 2009 Cleveland Cavaliers. Cake walking through the first two rounds of the playoffs. We'll see what happens after the first time they get punched in the mouth.

Good question. We'll probably learn the answer to that in the NBA Finals.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm kinda sad that it took the Magic beating up on a team that gave up halfway through Game 1 for people to realize that the best team in the playoffs have been the Magic. I think I said earlier in the thread that the best team in the East is the Magic. They know how to and know that they can definitely beat the Cavs & Celtics, & they can take the best that the west has to offer as well. Plus, Jameer Nelson is healthy so that also helps them a bunch.

I assume it's not too rare a feat in the NBA, but the Magic have at least a .500 record against every team in the league.

I assume it's not too rare a feat in the NBA, but the Magic have at least a .500 record against every team in the league.

Yeah, they were the only team that beat every other team in the NBA. Pretty impressive considering that nobody else did it this year.

Also...I've got more faith in this incarnation of the Suns than any of the ones before now. Why? They actually play a little bit of defense. Although it's a different NBA now, if you can't play defense in the playoffs, you can't win. This team can actually play it, so they may have a shot at winning. That Lakers-Suns series will be too much fun to watch, though.

Revenge of the 2007 Western Conference Semifinals is Complete, The Phoenix Suns are going to the Western Conference Finals for the first time since 2006.

I will miss the Gregg Popovich post-game press conferences the rest of the playoffs.

Wow when this series started I would of said Suns in 6-7 but a sweep was out of the question. It really seemed that a few of the Spurs simply gave up right at the end of the game. Now I am torn between wanting the Lakers/Jazz series to go 5 or 6 or if it would be better to just not risk them losing their rhythm.

PopHeading-1.gif

I really only pay attention to the NBA during this time of the year and being that I hate the most local team and their bandwagon bunch of fans, and that I have family on both sides that live in Phoenix, I've attached myself to the Suns over the last decade. It's the family exemption to the bandwagon rule. I really liked the Mike D'Antoni years, but you always knew the other shoe was going to drop because the team didn't play defense. I trust this Suns team more and their chemistry is really evident. I like their chances against anyone.

Also, I am going to laugh my pants off if the Cavs lose this series to Boston.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I really only pay attention to the NBA during this time of the year and being that I hate the most local team and their bandwagon bunch of fans, and that I have family on both sides that live in Phoenix, I've attached myself to the Suns over the last decade. It's the family exemption to the bandwagon rule. I really liked the Mike D'Antoni years, but you always knew the other shoe was going to drop because the team didn't play defense. I trust this Suns team more and their chemistry is really evident. I like their chances against anyone.

Also, I am going to laugh my pants off if the Cavs lose this series to Boston.

Problem with D'Antoni was he didn't like to play his bench and didn't believe in defense. Something that Gentry has put into the system with the Suns. I do believe that D'Antoni is nothing more than a below average coach that was lucky because he had Amare, Nash and Marion on his team, it shows with the Knicks as they are just so piss poor and will never be anything with D'Antoni as their head coach. I think what the Suns have now with Alvin Gentry is a good thing and I honestly believe that they can contend with the Lakers. Will they beat them? You never know, but the chemistry and self esteem is there to say they can after getting that 550lb gorilla off their back named the San Antonio Spurs.

Despite the fact that this was probably one of the more embarrassing playoff runs in Atlanta Hawks history...the regular season was pretty cool. 53 wins, Jamal Crawford wins 6th man of the year, the team is actually relevant for the first time in years. Just too bad that it had to end in such embarrassing fashion.

So yeah, the good outweighs the bad. I can't wait for the offseason for this team, it's going to be very interesting to see which direction the organization chooses to go in for the future. I hope that they make the right decisions...

Also, the Magic are great. They aren't going to just keep on rolling over people, but I still think that they are going to make the Finals & probably win it this year. Good defense + great shooters + Superman = very good shot at a championship.

If only the Hawks could play with some pride.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Let's just hope Joe Johnson signs with the Bulls. He's probably my favorite player in the NBA not named Derrick Rose, so I would personally love him here. Its just so hard to imagine seeing one of Rose's nice kick-outs for three actually go in, usually hinrich or Deng blow it

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

The Magic are playing lights out defense/offense right now!

Orlando won the four games against the Hawks by an average of 25.3 points, that is the most lopsided margin of victory in NBA Playoff history. They are now 27-3 in their last 30 regular and postseason(combined) games!

This is an insane stat:

"Orlando has outscored opponents by a whopping 421 points over its past 30 games. To put this in perspective, the Lakers, Suns and Celtics -- who could be the other three teams left standing when the conference finals start next week -- didn't outscore the opposition by 421 points over the entirety of the 82-game regular season, much less in the final 30 games of it." -John Hollinger ESPN.com

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

Archived