2010 NBA Playoffs thread

TrueYankee26

So I'm watching the Jazz-Nuggets game right now, and I've just witnessed the exact reason I'll be thrilled to see the Jazz possibly send the Nuggets golfing tonight. Just now in the second quarter, Kenyon Martin gets called for the offensive foul by shoving an elbow in Paul Millsap's face. Millsap falls to the ground. Now, Martin can do one of two things: 1) he could be a good sport and help him up, or 2) stand over Millsap, stare at him, and not help him up, spending a good five seconds adding points to his personal twit-o-meter. What does he do? You guessed it, he took option 2. It was classless and ridiculous, and makes the Nuggets look terrible. Seriously, is there any room for that in sports? I guarantee some kids are now gonna think it's okay to just stand over the guy you just mowed over. Way to go, Kenyon. Sorry, I just had to vent.

Because Millsap flopped. No doubt there was contact and could've been a foul regardless, but not nearly enough to send Millsap flying backwards the way he did.

That shouldn't matter, and that wasn't the problem I had with it. You're taught even in city league to help a player up when they're down, regardless of how he got there. Martin stood over him and didn't offer any help whatsoever. You really want young fans to see that? That's my problem. If a player of mine gets a foul, even on a flop, I'd expect him to pick the guy up. Not stand over him.

To be fair, you're taught to play by the rules too and flopping violates those rules, so... ^_^

mmm good point :P but that still shouldn't excuse Martin from pulling that crap. The least he couldve done would be to ask him if he was okay, but he couldn't even do that. All I'm saying is that he didn't make a very good impression to me there. So Millsap flopped. You can't change that, just pick the guy up and play ball.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another possible headline in the AJC: What the Buck :D

The Hawks didn't let it slip like they may claim. As Iron Mike would say, the Bucks ripped their hearts out and ate their children. The defense was impregnable at the right time. In short, the Bucks went Rocky on em.

Hell, though, this is gravy, man...cus damn near everybody expected another last place finish. If this was still the Michael Redd era, the Hawks would've won this series, as Redd rivals most of Atlanta's roster as far as mental weakness. Fortunately, if only unofficially, said error era is over. The rebirth, it's been ugly, yet simultaneously beautiful.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I honestly can't believe what I just saw. That 3rd quarter was outstanding.

I totally expected them, on the road, bickering amongst each other in the locker (from what I've read), to go into Milwaukee and fold like a cheap chair at an old convention center. But they did the exact opposite. They went on the road and actually won. This is wild, I honestly can't believe that they won, & won pretty big at that.

I also can't believe that Potato Head actually made some defensive adjustments as well. Instead of doing that stupid switching junk that got them killed in the past 3 games, they played man & zone, and it worked. Who would've thought that instead of stubbornly playing a defense that didn't work, actually adjusting would? Apparently you do that sort of thing when you are fighting for your job.

Now they have to really take care of business. I had a feeling that this would go 7, & it has. I had a feeling that they'd mess around & depend on Philips to win them this series. Now they know that beating Milwaukee at home ain't gonna be a guarantee. Sunday's gonna be a dogfight, & I hope the Hawks don't rest on their laurels.

A huge win tonight! Like Flame said, that was an outstanding 3rd quarter. Sunday I get to go to my first NBA playoff game, and it is a game 7!

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

I think the Lakers might actually have an easier time against the Jazz than they did against the Thunder. The Lakers have played the Jazz quite often in the playoffs and always seem to match up well against them. I think they can close it out in five games, especially since they were able to win in Salt Lake City during the regular season without Kobe.

It's bad form for the NBA to start the second round before incomplete first-round match-ups...

Agreed. I've never liked that.

I've always wondered what would happen in a scenario in which two series were sweeps, then those two teams played each other and there was another sweep, then the other two series went to 6 or 7 then those two winners went to 6 or 7 again. Would the sweep winner get nearly 2 weeks or longer in between series?

I've just wanted to see some scenario like that happen to the NBA so that they are all screwed up schedule wise.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

It's bad form for the NBA to start the second round before incomplete first-round match-ups...

Unfortunately, the NBA Playoffs are at the mercy of the TV Execs on how the schedule works. It would of been better if they had local stations (like the regional sport networks) pitch in and help with broadcasting some of the games within a certain team's region.

As for Atlanta-Orlando: Neither the Hawks or the Bucks have anyone on the inside that can handle Howard. I know the Hawks have that Pachula guy, but you really expect him to shut down Superman once in this series, let alone shut him down for multiple games? This plus Orlando being well rested will help the Magic breeze their way into the Eastern Conference Finals.

Well, that was scarier than expected. But the Hawks got it done and won the series. I will say this, and I've been saying this all series: The Bucks are extremely well coached, and they have a pretty good core in Jennings and the rest of his European brigade. Plus once Bogut returns from injury & Salmons somehow avoids a dip in production, the Bucks will be a contender. The East is going to get better and better in the years to come...assuming that not much changes after the summer of 2010.

As for the Hawks...basically, them winning 1 game in the 2nd round will be an improvement, and is basically all I expect. The Magic OWN the Hawks. Unless the Hawks can repeat what they did in the game where Smoove won it with a game winning dunk (if you haven't seen the highlight of that by now...shame on you.), then this will be a romp. Especially considering that the Magic are well-rested & the Hawks just got out of a dogfight. So yeah, my brain says Magic in 5. My heart says "WE BETTER WIN GOT DAMMIT! :P"

Salmons has a player option for 2011. I wouldn't be surprised to see him opt out of his contract if he thinks he can get more money while getting out of Milwaukee. I can easily see a stupid team throwing too much money at him after losing every free agency sweepstakes. "Well, no, but we did get the guy who took two average teams to a Game 7 and lost!"

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I just saw a statistic on sportscenter that said that Phil Jackson is 45-0 in series when he wins game 1. Even with the talent he's had, that's pretty incredible.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived