2010 NBA Playoffs thread

TrueYankee26

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lakers go back to Staples and flip the switch.

OKC will be lucky if they can hit 70 tonight.

If they score as much as they did in the 3rd, then they'll be around 75. The bad news is, the Lakers will have hit 100 by then.

They'll be lucky to hit 90.

If they score as much as they did in the 3rd, then they'll be around 75. The bad news is, the Lakers will have hit 100 by then.

Yep. Luke Walton is in. Oklahoma City will definitely make this one look closer than it actually was.

6uXNWAo.png

Yep. Luke Walton is in. Oklahoma City will definitely make this one look closer than it actually was.

Uh-oh:

LOLNBA-Luke-Walton.jpg

Just like dear old daddy.

Cavaliers-Celtics in round 2

Accuscore on ESPN.com had the Celtics winning this series in 6. God I hope that's right. There is no bigger fairweather fanbase in sports than Cleveland Cavaliers fans.

PvO6ZWJ.png

I believe this is the first time I've sat and watched a live Milwaukee Bucks game since the very early 90s. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is: What a lousy franchise!

6uXNWAo.png

I believe this is the first time I've sat and watched a live Milwaukee Bucks game since the very early 90s. So, I guess what I'm trying to say is: What a lousy franchise!

..And they are about to take an 3-2 series lead over ATL.

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

TFOA Suicide Watch: ACTIVATED

Weren't the Bucks, like, supposed to be toast after the Bogut injury?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Don't you want to see LeBron win in Cleveland once before coming to New York?

One, I'll be really surprised if he leaves Cleveland. Two, no I don't want to see Lebron win in Cleveland. I wouldn't care if he won ten championships for anybody else, but I don't want to see it happen in Cleveland. That said, I think this is the Cavs' year.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Hell yeah, if this was that Bush Terrorism Chart, it'd be at red right now. :P

And unfortunately for the Hawks, we have a rock for a coach who doesn't realize that the Bucks are missing their best post player...so we play outside-in. Genius.

Props to the Bucks, though. Scott Skiles has figured the Hawks out. 1) Jennings can do whatever he wants, and it will probably work. 2) We will ignore the post because we can't take advantage of mismatches. 3) The Hawks don't have an actual coach, so he basically wins by default. He figured out that when the Hawks are up late, they will stop playing defense and start playing one-on-one on the other end. That = failure for the Hawks, great success for the Bucks.

Plus, the Hawks can't win on the road. Looks like the Magic will be going deer hunting.

Β 

Β 

So I'm watching the Jazz-Nuggets game right now, and I've just witnessed the exact reason I'll be thrilled to see the Jazz possibly send the Nuggets golfing tonight. Just now in the second quarter, Kenyon Martin gets called for the offensive foul by shoving an elbow in Paul Millsap's face. Millsap falls to the ground. Now, Martin can do one of two things: 1) he could be a good sport and help him up, or 2) stand over Millsap, stare at him, and not help him up, spending a good five seconds adding points to his personal twit-o-meter. What does he do? You guessed it, he took option 2. It was classless and ridiculous, and makes the Nuggets look terrible. Seriously, is there any room for that in sports? I guarantee some kids are now gonna think it's okay to just stand over the guy you just mowed over. Way to go, Kenyon. Sorry, I just had to vent.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

So I'm watching the Jazz-Nuggets game right now, and I've just witnessed the exact reason I'll be thrilled to see the Jazz possibly send the Nuggets golfing tonight. Just now in the second quarter, Kenyon Martin gets called for the offensive foul by shoving an elbow in Paul Millsap's face. Millsap falls to the ground. Now, Martin can do one of two things: 1) he could be a good sport and help him up, or 2) stand over Millsap, stare at him, and not help him up, spending a good five seconds adding points to his personal twit-o-meter. What does he do? You guessed it, he took option 2. It was classless and ridiculous, and makes the Nuggets look terrible. Seriously, is there any room for that in sports? I guarantee some kids are now gonna think it's okay to just stand over the guy you just mowed over. Way to go, Kenyon. Sorry, I just had to vent.

Because Millsap flopped. No doubt there was contact and could've been a foul regardless, but not nearly enough to send Millsap flying backwards the way he did.

IUe6Hvh.png

Because Millsap flopped. No doubt there was contact and could've been a foul regardless, but not nearly enough to send Millsap flying backwards the way he did.

That shouldn't matter, and that wasn't the problem I had with it. You're taught even in city league to help a player up when they're down, regardless of how he got there. Martin stood over him and didn't offer any help whatsoever. You really want young fans to see that? That's my problem. If a player of mine gets a foul, even on a flop, I'd expect him to pick the guy up. Not stand over him.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

That shouldn't matter, and that wasn't the problem I had with it. You're taught even in city league to help a player up when they're down, regardless of how he got there. Martin stood over him and didn't offer any help whatsoever. You really want young fans to see that? That's my problem. If a player of mine gets a foul, even on a flop, I'd expect him to pick the guy up. Not stand over him.

To be fair, you're taught to play by the rules too and flopping violates those rules, so... ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

Hell yeah, if this was that Bush Terrorism Chart, it'd be at red right now. :P

And unfortunately for the Hawks, we have a rock for a coach who doesn't realize that the Bucks are missing their best post player...so we play outside-in. Genius.

Props to the Bucks, though. Scott Skiles has figured the Hawks out. 1) Jennings can do whatever he wants, and it will probably work. 2) We will ignore the post because we can't take advantage of mismatches. 3) The Hawks don't have an actual coach, so he basically wins by default. He figured out that when the Hawks are up late, they will stop playing defense and start playing one-on-one on the other end. That = failure for the Hawks, great success for the Bucks.

Plus, the Hawks can't win on the road. Looks like the Magic will be going deer hunting.

Well the fact that Joe Johnson and Woodson are without contract should be a reason why they should try, but it seems otherwise. Joe, Bibby, and Woodson seem to be going through the motions. The fact that Woodson did not get an extension following last season looks like as if he just rolled the balls out this season.

Horford did take 21 shots tonight and Marvin Williams went 8-10. They missed a lot of shots in the paint, as ESPN's shot chart illustrates. Tonight came down to threes.

Archived