2010 NBA Playoffs thread

TrueYankee26

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Contrary to initial reports, Mike Brown will remain as Cavaliers head coach.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5189101

Just listened to Dan Gilbert's press conference. He's saying no decision has been made. SI.com reported the firing. I suppose Gilbert is the authority, but I'm sure it's coming soon, because he planned a complete evaluation of the organization.

Yeah, he's still on borrowed time, though. I'd be absolutely shocked if he's still the Cavs coach come next season.

2 straight years with the best record in the league & best player in the league and not even a conference championship? When you have expectations like they've had, & didn't even come close to meeting them, that's grounds for a firing.

Plus, there's the fact that, you know, he isn't a good coach.

Right. Rose needs space to work, because he drives and penetrates... same as LeBron. LeBron's game is predicated on penetration and dishing to teammates for jump shots. Rose is not the type of player that can space the floor with his jumper. Just watch a game, and you will see that.

Noah, also, can not hit an outside jumper with a reasonable level of accuracy. Yes, Noah runs the floor, but in a half court set, he doesn't space the floor with his jumper. He is more of a pick and roll player, which LeBron excels at, but the pick and pop aspect is not their with Noah.

You proved my point, there. Thanks

Hinrich was playing the 2... he is undersized at 6'3". He could be a point guard coming in off the bench, but I don't see LeBron dying to play with KIRK HINRICH!

Never said that

Deng... Deng is Deng.

Yeah

Rose and LeBron are 2 players that need the ball in their hands. It has nothing to do with being "Cleveland" (again, not sure why people bag on Cleveland with something completely unrelated). All you have to do is watch the games, look at the players. Maybe you guys have not see LeBron play that much, but I have.

Rose is an UNBELIEVABLE passer, he absolutely doesnt need the ball in his hands. Rose can run break without touching the ball. Turns out, he is deadly with the ball in his hands, too. If he had another player who could create a shot, you would see his numbers change dramatically. He would be putting up Chris Paul-like numbers

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

I've been a LeBron fan ever since he entered the league, so I'm rooting for him to stay in Cleveland because I've been pulling for them just because of him (and then Mo Williams came and that gave me a bigger reason to root for them since he played at Bama). So maybe I'm biased but I think he will stay in Cleveland. He can get the max contract here, it's his home state, and I think it would just be weird to see him in a different uniform. Hopefully, they'll fire Mike Brown and get LeBron some help if he stays, but I could see him going somewhere else just as easy as staying. I think EStone's "analysis" is very stupid (no offense). But he acts like the only option for Bron is to stay in Cleveland, and at the same time said he's kept them hanging too long. Are you kidding me? LeBron is one if not the best player in the league, its like he has one bad game and all of the fans are just ready to throw him out on the curb which is ridiculous. I mean I thought it was frustrating and everything but he didn't quit, he actually had a good game 6. The rest of his team didn't do much, and that's why he might leave. Because he wants to play with some help. Which brings me to the next part of disagreeing with Estone's analysis. He would probably love Chicago, he would have one of the best young players in the game on his team and have a better shot at winning a title there, and he's always been in MJ's shadow. Estone also said he has to big of an ego to play with a guy like D-Wade, and that's just funny, just imagine LeBron and Wade on a team, they'd dominate. If an opportunity came up for both of them to be on the same team (don't think it will happen but you never know), it'd be hard for him to turn down, I mean they'd be the best 1, 2 punch in the NBA, and they'd have a better shot at winning the title then Cleveland ever has. It's not like LeBron is Terrell Owens, his ego is not that big.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

If Michael Freaking Jordan could keep his ego in check enough to play with Scottie Pippen and be coached by Phil Jackson, I think LeBron James can handle Derrick Rose, okay?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Even though I knew in my heart of hearts that the Celtics would take down the Cavaliers in this series, deep down, I was secretly hoping the Cavs could pull it out--just so I wouldn't be subjected to all the dumb :censored: ESPN has going on right now (as if none of us saw this coming). It ain't even been a whole 24 hours, and already...well, y'all know how the Worldwide Hype Machine do.

At this point, someone should probably just start up a dedicated "LeBron James Speculation" thread--and then subtitle it "a.k.a. The Official 2010 NBA Offseason Thread", since that's pretty much 80% of what it'll consist of, anyway.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Even though I knew in my heart of hearts that the Celtics would take down the Cavaliers in this series, deep down, I was secretly hoping the Cavs could pull it out--just so I wouldn't be subjected to all the dumb :censored: ESPN has going on right now (as if none of us saw this coming). It ain't even been a whole 24 hours, and already...well, y'all know how the Worldwide Hype Machine do.

At this point, someone should probably just start up a dedicated "LeBron James Speculation" thread--and then subtitle it "a.k.a. The Official 2010 NBA Offseason Thread", since that's pretty much 80% of what it'll consist of, anyway.

Got it.

This is Ohio's attempt at keeping LeBron. The sad thing is they are actually serious...

We Are Lebron

I see. Prayers for his family. He had such a promising life ahead of him.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This is Ohio's attempt at keeping LeBron. The sad thing is they are actually serious...

We Are Lebron

Don't lump us all in that mess.

I thought it was pretty funny, but only Cleveland would throw something like that together.

PvO6ZWJ.png

We Are Lebron

Don't lump us all in that mess.

I thought it was pretty funny, but only Cleveland would throw something like that together.

No kidding. Before seeing that I was hoping he'd stay here. Now? I'm thinking about leaving myself.

BB52Big.jpg

LBJ-Wade-Bosh

Next core for the Bulls with Derrick Rose at the point.

lol, good luck paying for that. One or two of those guys are gonna be taking a pretty big paycut for that to happen.

How awesome would that be, though? A non-ancient superstar (or two!) taking a big pay cut and stat cut to create a super-team. If they can buy in like the '08 Celtics did (though all 3 were old at that point, too), it would be just plain stupid. I would take a year knowing that the Celtics have no chance of winning to see a ridiculous LeBron-Wade-Bosh team, if that happened. Everyone would probably hate the :censored: out of that team, but you have to respect greatness. And that would be just plain cool to see, on and off the court.

Back to present: Color me impressed. I don't think the C's will beat the Magic but this is the absolute best they've looked since Christmas. Looking forward to a lot of this:

nba_g_pietrus01_576.jpg

I still don't understand how Orlando is better than they were last year, but I'm pumped for this series. Bring on Superman!

If Michael Freaking Jordan could keep his ego in check enough to play with Scottie Pippen and be coached by Phil Jackson, I think LeBron James can handle Derrick Rose, okay?

Considering Derrick Rose actually doesnt possess an ego in the first place, and he prefers to play with a quiet demeanor, and go home and eat fruit snacks and watch TV, it wont be a problem

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Archived