2010 NHL Offseason chatter

HedleyLamarr

• Replies 878
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yzerman to be named Lightning's GM.

Link

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

The Hamilton Bulldogs being eliminated in the AHL playoffs means that Kevin Dineen officially has nothing to distract from interviewing for head coaching jobs. Hopefully Scott Howson uses this opportunity to hire the guy I want the Jackets to go with.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Hamilton Bulldogs being eliminated in the AHL playoffs means that Kevin Dineen officially has nothing to distract from interviewing for head coaching jobs. Hopefully Scott Howson uses this opportunity to hire the guy I want the Jackets to go with.

You mean Guy Boucher, right?

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

You mean Guy Boucher, right?

Yeah that's what I meant. But also this means that Howson can interview everyone that he's interested in hiring. It seems like he's been waiting on Boucher to finish his season and once he's taken a look at Guy Boucher then he can make a decision.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Looks like from the comments from Dean Lombardi, that Alexander Frolov is available to any team that wants to take on the player who disappears more than Houdini.

i read somewhere that Edmonton is talking about flipping picks with Boston...does that mean after signing all his Scandanavian winger prospects that Steve Tambellini is leaning towards Seguin?

Kings Cross AFC -BIP, Winnipeg Falcons - TNFF, St. Louis Archers - MLF

So the noise coming out of Columbus is that the Blue Jackets have extended an offer to Guy Boucher and either this evening or tomorrow the announcement that he has accepted the position will take place. No links yet, just what I've been hearing.

I was a Kevin Dineen supporter, but this guy seems okay and it seems like Scott Howson really got "his guy". He waited for Hamilton to be eliminated so he could interview him and it turns out he is probably the guy they're going with. The only knock that I've heard on this Boucher guy is that he's relatively inexperienced, but apparently he's good with young players and was really helpful with PK Subban this year. So that's a good thing because one of the biggest gripes with Hitchcock was his inability to relate to and handle the young players, which the Jackets have in plenty.

edit: Boucher turned it down. facepalm

PvO6ZWJ.png

So the noise coming out of Columbus is that the Blue Jackets have extended an offer to Guy Boucher and either this evening or tomorrow the announcement that he has accepted the position will take place. No links yet, just what I've been hearing.

I was a Kevin Dineen supporter, but this guy seems okay and it seems like Scott Howson really got "his guy". He waited for Hamilton to be eliminated so he could interview him and it turns out he is probably the guy they're going with. The only knock that I've heard on this Boucher guy is that he's relatively inexperienced, but apparently he's good with young players and was really helpful with PK Subban this year. So that's a good thing because one of the biggest gripes with Hitchcock was his inability to relate to and handle the young players, which the Jackets have in plenty.

edit: Boucher turned it down. facepalm

Ah, not surprised here. Hopefully Howson goes to Dineen next.

6fQjS3M.png

Now it's looking like Scott Arniel for the Jackets head coaching job.

Called it.

I loved Scott Arniel in Manitoba, I hope he can make the Jackets into a contender also he'll be good to the younger players as well.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

http://blog.dispatch.com/cbj/2010/06/arniel_in_line_to_coach_cbj.shtml

Here's an early link. It appears that after Boucher said no Scott Howson got on the phone and hired Scott Arniel. There's going to be a press conference tomorrow at 3.

I'll wait until after the press conference to post my feelings because right now I don't know anything about this guy.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived