I finally figured out why CBS doesn't have NHL coverage

Top Shelf

Here I was thinking it was because they wanted to 1)make money or 2)not see their ratings fall off a cliff. Ooops. Silly me, it's only because they're using the old (though vastly superior) logo. Duh.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Here I was thinking it was because they wanted to 1)make money or 2)not see their ratings fall off a cliff. Ooops. Silly me, it's only because they're using the old (though vastly superior) logo. Duh.

Don't you have something white to rage against? (oh wait... a vast majority of NHL players are white...)

Disregard.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Reminds me of how WGN updated their network's packaging, only to still have old outdated logos for opponents of the Cubs & White Sox. Seriously, they advertised Cubs-Brewers with the "Notre Dame" Brewers logo, & used the blue-gold Astros logo for the Astros game.

I mean, if you're gonna cover it, at least try to get the logos right. The Buffaslug may be awful, but it's better that they have that than to still have the old red-&-black logo.

Awww, man. Jigga beat me to the punch here. I guess we could add number which also ties into reasons one and two. 3) CBS is smart.

Reminds me of how WGN updated their network's packaging, only to still have old outdated logos for opponents of the Cubs & White Sox. Seriously, they advertised Cubs-Brewers with the "Notre Dame" Brewers logo, & used the blue-gold Astros logo for the Astros game.

Wrigley Field used the old Astros logo on their on-deck circle well into at least 2005. Hell, they still might. I like it. It's a subtle sign of disrespect for the Astros.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Because it's obvious that the poster made that statement in an entirely non-sarcastic way...

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

When was this?

I mean, if you're gonna cover it, at least try to get the logos right. The Buffaslug may be awful, but it's better that they have that than to still have the old red-&-black logo.

I recall Fox Sports displaying batting helmets in its studio for postseason coverage and using the blue/gold Astros helmet. It may have even been the second year of the current uniforms (so two full seasons). It may have been the 2005 World Series. I don't recall for sure. It's just funny that they'd do that during postseason coverage with so many fans watching...hard to believe nobody at fox realized it. Obviously almost everyone here would notice it, but I am sure plenty of people (Almost all Astro fans and some others) recognized it immediately. Local news taking a couple of months to catch a logo change by a team that does not come to town often is one thing, but the network during playoff coverage just seems bush league.

EDIT: Turns out the 'Stros have had their current look longer than I realized. It was probably during the 2001 postseason (which would be their second year I think).

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Reminds me of Super Bowl 43, the local NBC channel here in Tampa had the old Cardinals logo during the pre-game stuff, I was like "seriously?"

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Reminds me of Super Bowl 43, the local NBC channel here in Tampa had the old Cardinals logo during the pre-game stuff, I was like "seriously?"

FOX Sports still uses the old Cardinals logo, last I checked.

Archived