Official 2010-11 Utah Jazz Logo Leaked

Wasatch

I have 2 problems with this:

1) the 'note-AZZ' is not a logo, it's a wordmark/script.

I'm going to have to go ahead and sort of disagree with you here...

While there can be a difference between a logo and a wordmark (which is part of a logo "package"), I think that the shape and style of the Note-AZZ design qualify it as both a logo and a wordmark. In fact, if I had to pick one of the other, I'd lean toward logo. It's subjective, and certainly debatable, but I think that it's a strong enough mark to hold its own on jerseys, court markings, team letter head, web useage, etc.

Note - strong mark != appropriate mark.

I completely agree!

Agreed!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

Here?s a little update from Salt City Hoops (see link below).

It looks like Jazz President Randy Rigby and Deron Williams are doing a little leaking of their own; but at this point with all the little hints that have going around the web for months, everyone can pretty much guarantee what?s going to happen!

Salt City Hoops - New Jazz Colors Revealed

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

It looks like Jazz President Randy Rigby and Deron Williams are doing a little leaking of their own; but at this point with all the little hints that have going around the web for months, everyone can pretty much guarantee what?s going to happen!

So it looks like they're using that material the league used for the All-star game. Also they'll have some kind of cuff that's striping will be green-yellow-blue. Looks good so far. The Jazz have been dressing as some other team for awhile now and this looks more like the Jazz than their last two uniforms.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That's an awful colour scheme. This would have been more like it....

wngsuqhi4laygst4ffe8wfeti.png

I COMPLETELY DISAGREE!!! And can I just say I hate how the horizontal line goes all the way through the ball versus the original!

Because in the new NBA logo thread the watches and hats posted showed the new Jazz note using the horizontal line through the ball.

The NBA's initiated damage control and had the images taken down, but it was very clear that the new note uses the correct NBA ball design.

Because in the new NBA logo thread the watches and hats posted showed the new Jazz note using the horizontal line through the ball.

The NBA's initiated damage control and had the images taken down, but it was very clear that the new note uses the correct NBA ball design.

That sucks; and it doesn?t add to the logo, it only takes away from it! I guess it?s a matter of what we?re all used to!

I COMPLETELY DISAGREE!!! And can I just say I hate how the horizontal line goes all the way through the ball versus the original!

I also think the apparent actual colors work better than that concept. In a vacuum, that concept is good, but in reality it seems too much like Notre Dame and too much like yet another diversion into a completely different color set. I think the navy/green/gold they're going with lets us pretend the purple/navy are close enough to be interchangeable and keeps them from having to admit that the navy/light blue years were a complete departure from tradition. (Frankly, the emphasis on green accomplishes the same thing with regard to the ca.82-84 roads.)

I have apprehension about whether the road navys will be close enough to purple for comfort, but those stripes on the homes, and the logo itself looko pretty good to me.

Was the “UTAH” wordmark of the logo black or navy blue in the watch logo?

Navy, I think.

Here’s a little update from Salt City Hoops (see link below).

It looks like Jazz President Randy Rigby and Deron Williams are doing a little leaking of their own; but at this point with all the little hints that have going around the web for months, everyone can pretty much guarantee what’s going to happen!

I also think the apparent actual colors work better than that concept. In a vacuum, that concept is good, but in reality it seems too much like Notre Dame and too much like yet another diversion into a completely different color set. I think the navy/green/gold they're going with lets us pretend the purple/navy are close enough to be interchangeable and keeps them from having to admit that the navy/light blue years were a complete departure from tradition.

Fair enough. My biggest problem with the new scheme is that it's to dark. The navy and green are to close together, and while the athletic gold helps, it doesn't provide enough of a pop.

Was the ?UTAH? wordmark of the logo black or navy blue in the watch logo?

Navy, I think.

That?s not what I?d prefer but at least they?re heading down the right path by bringing the old logo back.

From looking at the photo below, I'd say the colors should hold true to the original scheme, without "purple" being an official color.

99067536.jpg

jazz_colorway.jpg

NBAthrowback.png

just because

This collage mixes eras way too much!

I'd love for the Wizards to be the Bullets again... I know this isn't the requests board, but could one of you talented folk whip up a Wizards logo and uniform in the Bullets colors?... Possibly in the Bullets font too? I'm so sick of our colors and current logo. Anything would be awesome. A man can dream....

90758391980.gif

Archived