Official 2010-11 Utah Jazz Logo Leaked

Wasatch

Tonight on the draft lottery, they used the 'Mountain' logo, the Warriors used the 'Lightning' logo and the Clippers still had the dysfunctional basketball. I guess they're gonna wait until the actual draft to drop the updates.

That?s pretty typical. I?ve never known a team to release a new logo for the next season while the current season is still being played out!

Is that true? I could swear the lottery always was the time for first looks at new logos - after all, those teams' seasons were over, apart from traded picks.

Either way, they did a lousy job on the presentation yesterday - didn't even put them up on the board, just pulled out the logos and showed them; and they didn't have any graphics ready for Abe Pollin's widow.

I think a franchise can unveil a new logo in June, like the Jazz are planning to do next month, but I don?t think they actually start using it on anything until on/after July 1. Don?t quote me on that though; it's just what I've observed.

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight on the draft lottery, they used the 'Mountain' logo, the Warriors used the 'Lightning' logo and the Clippers still had the dysfunctional basketball. I guess they're gonna wait until the actual draft to drop the updates.

That’s pretty typical. I’ve never known a team to release a new logo for the next season while the current season is still being played out!

Cavaliers did it in April 2003 at halftime of one of their home games, I believe. It even made it into NBA Street Vol. 2, which uses the 2002-03 rosters and came out during the same month as the new Cavs logo.

bSLCtu2.png

That?s pretty typical. I?ve never known a team to release a new logo for the next season while the current season is still being played out!

Cavaliers did it in April 2003 at halftime of one of their home games, I believe. It even made it into NBA Street Vol. 2, which uses the 2002-03 rosters and came out during the same month as the new Cavs logo.

That?s true, and that also reminds me, the Mavericks were sporting their new logo all around Dallas the year they knocked the Jazz out of the 1st round.

Is that true? I could swear the lottery always was the time for first looks at new logos - after all, those teams' seasons were over, apart from traded picks.

Either way, they did a lousy job on the presentation yesterday - didn't even put them up on the board, just pulled out the logos and showed them; and they didn't have any graphics ready for Abe Pollin's widow.

Did anyone else catch the jerseys they had draped over the chairs? They had an old Hornets one, as in, the one they wore 3 years ago. Ya kiddin' me?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

That?s true, and that also reminds me, the Mavericks were sporting their new logo all around Dallas the year they knocked the Jazz out of the 1st round.

Oh yeah, I remember seeing pictures of tickets from one of the last Playoff games at Reunion Arena and the new Mavs logo is on there. I was baffled.

bSLCtu2.png

Sometime late in the 1989-1990 season, the Pacers unveiled their new logo and uniforms (developed by the late Florence Griffith-Joyner). The players were on hand to model the unis, and later that night, played in the old (then current) uniforms.

Kind of weird.

Sometime late in the 1989-1990 season, the Pacers unveiled their new logo and uniforms (developed by the late Florence Griffith-Joyner). The players were on hand to model the unis, and later that night, played in the old (then current) uniforms.

Kind of weird.

Those early-mid '90s Pacers uniforms still stand as my favorite Pacers set of all...not to mention one of my favorite NBA sets ever.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Mine too! Beat the snot out of the pseudo-retro pinstripes. I would've modernized the arm/ball P primary from the previous set instead of just putting a basketball in the P, but hey, still cool.

The old pre-1996 Utah Jazz uniforms were terrible and I expect that the new ones won't be very good either, though at least they might not look as freaking cheap as the old home whites looked.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The old pre-1996 Jazz uniforms are gold!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree, for the period of time these were used, they were true gold! They could still be used today and be seen as one of the most unique, and far from the worst! Should be interesting to see how they implement an older design with new mesh material.

hih6zbqv6fo0mfo55kj9cfpwz.gif

Mine too! Beat the snot out of the pseudo-retro pinstripes. I would've modernized the arm/ball P primary from the previous set instead of just putting a basketball in the P, but hey, still cool.

The old pre-1996 Utah Jazz uniforms were terrible and I expect that the new ones won't be very good either, though at least they might not look as freaking cheap as the old home whites looked.

I think some side panels really could have jazzed up those uniforms, going from bland to good, but I think the current Jazz uniforms are great, all three of them.

I think some side panels really could have jazzed up those uniforms, going from bland to good, but I think the current Jazz uniforms are great, all three of them.

Speaking of bland, as a Jazz fan it pains me to say this; their current set has to be one of the plainest uniform sets I?ve ever seen! You basically have two different wordmarks, and stupid lines going up the sides. I've hated these since days 1!

zkymf3o1sttehcdhrwidld732.gif

srdp3kglxhpinhgcfoyhojiee.gif

I’ve heard so many negative remarks about the “baby blues”! Do people really hate these that much?

Deron-Williams.jpg

I think it is the only good thing about their current set. At least with the old wordmark and reversed colors, they weren't so generic. I don't think anyone had this overused color combo displayed specifically in this way (navy lettering on powder) when they debuted them. Of course, now the Grizzlies and MLB's Rays do something similar.

Although it seemed popular as the new go-to uni for Utah when it came out -- so much so that I thought they might eventually redesign around it -- it wasn't enough to save it from those plain and derivative home and roads.

Speaking of bland, as a Jazz fan it pains me to say this; their current set has to be one of the plainest uniform sets I?ve ever seen! You basically have two different wordmarks, and stupid lines going up the sides. I've hated these since days 1!

That's exactly how I felt about the Orlando Magic's home/away sets of 2003-2008...just plain boring.

alkaline-trio_logo-with-heart.jpg

That's exactly how I felt about the Orlando Magic's home/away sets of 2003-2008...just plain boring.

Still, they were a bit more ?jazzy? than the Jazz set! :D

Kind of weird.

The Blue Jays did the same thing in September 2003... apparently they even tried to wear their 2004 uniforms that night but were denied by the league

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived