NBA Season 2010-2011

tohasbo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not that I am aware of. One thing we MIGHT see soon is the Wizards doing some sort of overhaul of their entire identity. They might just be better off going with a new team name, colors, logos, uniforms.....everything. Wouldn't be surprised to see a Thunder alternate....

Also, the Knicks are supposedly tweaking their jerseys for next season. I have to find the article, but I don't believe any details of the changes were actually given, nor do I think it was officially confirmed at the time.

LA is hosting the All-Star Game again? Didn't they have it there a couple years ago?

It's been discussed here before but not many places want the NBA All-Star Game or can't because of the cold weather.

I see. Thanks for shedding some light on that. I've been off the boards for awhile so I missed that discussion.

LA is hosting the All-Star Game again? Didn't they have it there a couple years ago?

It's been discussed here before but not many places want the NBA All-Star Game or can't because of the cold weather.

I see. Thanks for shedding some light on that. I've been off the boards for awhile so I missed that discussion.

Yeah I forget where it was discussed, but it was awhile ago I think.

6fQjS3M.png

Yeah apparently Mr. Stern wants it to be in a place where the weather will be at least nice. Looks like the NBA All-Star Game going to places like Portland, Detroit, Milwaukee, Washington, Denver, Philadelphia, New York, and Boston are no more. Orlando MIGHT get it in 2012 or 2013 when the new arena opens up. Personally, I'd like to see it go to EVERY NBA team every year on a cycle. Don't go to the same place for 30 years or something. Let every team get the experience and the chance top have the atmosphere to host it. I remember it being in Washington in 2001 as I am literally 45 minutes from Verizon Center and it was just a fun experience. The entire All-Star Weekend was just a blast, especially the game.

Yeah apparently Mr. Stern wants it to be in a place where the weather will be at least nice. Looks like the NBA All-Star Game going to places like Portland, Detroit, Milwaukee, Washington, Denver, Philadelphia, New York, and Boston are no more. Orlando MIGHT get it in 2012 or 2013 when the new arena opens up. Personally, I'd like to see it go to EVERY NBA team every year on a cycle. Don't go to the same place for 30 years or something. Let every team get the experience and the chance top have the atmosphere to host it. I remember it being in Washington in 2001 as I am literally 45 minutes from Verizon Center and it was just a fun experience. The entire All-Star Weekend was just a blast, especially the game.

Yeah, I agree. I'd hate for it to "settle" into a rotation of only a handful of the same warm-weather cities year after year [sorta like the Super Bowl, though that's more understandable since that game actually counts for something].

Actually, David Stern stated in this week's NY Daily News, New York "may" host after the completion of Madison Square Garden's renovations

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2010/04/23/2010-04-23_stern_says_garden_could_land_nba_allstar_game.html

I love the use of Clippers colors, and none of that ugly purple and gold from the gross Lakers. :P

I hope it's hosted by the Clippers only this time around. If the pre-LeBron Cavs and the dysfunctional Warriors can host All-Star Games, the Clippers (who actually have a good future) should be able to have their moment.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Man, that All-Star logo's star reminds me of something (out of the '70s?) but I can't place it.

So we have these teams rumored (at least) to be making changes?

Jazz

Cavaliers

Clippers

Warriors

Knicks

And the Bobcats could still get a new nickname. Probably not, but we'll see.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived