NBA Season 2010-2011

tohasbo

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is if you... well, no - it's still not.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

nba 2012 news:

What...a...shocker.

Toronto gets passed up....AGAIN

I found the post I read a while back on some other forum regarding Toronto hosting the all-star game.

Heard it on Jack's show yesterday. He said that the Toronto Conference Centre and the Direct Energy Center, the only places in downtown Toronto qualified to host the NBA Fan Fest (apparently, it should be held in a location within a walking distance from the ACC), are both pre-booked for the next 4 years during the Allstar weekend period.

There is nothing that MLSE can do about this. They have to wait their turn until one of these 2 locations becomes available.

4 more years..

At least there's gonna be an ASG in the East coast!

Agreed!

yeah im still pissed i didn't go the ATL one since its a 3 hr drive from me...god only knows when it'll make it that close to me again. might just have to make a road trip to some year its in the East here.

Granted it is NOT an East team, but I think Memphis also deserves to host it since the FedEx Forum is a relatively new arena

Agreed!

WOOOOO! Let's go Eastern time! (clap, clap, clap-clap-clap)

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Agreed!

Why does the locatoin of the ASG matter even one little bit?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

nba 2012 news:

What...a...shocker.

Toronto gets passed up....AGAIN

I found the post I read a while back on some other forum regarding Toronto hosting the all-star game.

Heard it on Jack's show yesterday. He said that the Toronto Conference Centre and the Direct Energy Center, the only places in downtown Toronto qualified to host the NBA Fan Fest (apparently, it should be held in a location within a walking distance from the ACC), are both pre-booked for the next 4 years during the Allstar weekend period.

There is nothing that MLSE can do about this. They have to wait their turn until one of these 2 locations becomes available.

4 more years..

They couldn't hold the Fan Fest at the Rogers Centre?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Agreed!

Why does the locatoin of the ASG matter even one little bit?

If the All Star game was in China or something then I guess location might matter, but I too don't see why location in the US/Canada really matters at all. Its not like in baseball where the location and venue play a huge part in the ASG game. Having an All Star game at Coors Field, Fenway Park or Camden Yards is a lot more interesting to me then the NBA ASG in the *fill in the blank* arena in whatever town. It all ends up looking the same to me.

Personally, as long as it's held on the west coast in the afternoon, and the proper accomodations are made, I always thought an outdoor All-Star Game or even regular season game would be awesome in the NBA.

Now you're talking. I would love to see that.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived