Worst uni combo in baseball?

ltjets21

The answer is the Padres:

padres-red.jpg

Red cap notwithstanding, I actually like that look. Plus, it pays homage to the ginormous amount of Marines that are stationed/live in that area--one of whom happens to be quite possibly the CCSLC's biggest baseball fan...the one they call "Action" up in here. And shoot...if they can make some extra loot off the side by selling those, then who am I to knock their hustle?

That said, that camo pattern is long outdated. Time to get into the digital age, guys.

I love the camo uniforms also.

I'd have to cast a vote for the Toronto Black Jays:

130373_Blue_Jays_Orioles_Baseball.jpg

Or their throwbacks that look like t-shirts with the centered logo:

blue-jays.jpg

roy.jpg

Or this:

brad-penny-red-sox-green.jpg

The White Sox pull off he Irish look VERY well and could use it full-time if they wanted...plus they play in a huge Irish community in South Chicago...Boston and most other teams that try it...doesn't work so well.

87Redskins.png

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The answer is the Padres:

padres-red.jpg

Red cap notwithstanding, I actually like that look. Plus, it pays homage to the ginormous amount of Marines that are stationed/live in that area--one of whom happens to be quite possibly the CCSLC's biggest baseball fan...the one they call "Action" up in here. And shoot...if they can make some extra loot off the side by selling those, then who am I to knock their hustle?

That said, that camo pattern is long outdated. Time to get into the digital age, guys.

Yea cause a pixelated camo would look sooooo much better :rolleyes:

Also, speaking as an Orioles fan, I hate that they're attempting--yet again--to use the "official" script on the home and alternate jerseys. It doesn't work. It didn't in 1998 and it doesn't now.

Remind/show me again what the difference is?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It's hard to say what's "worst", but the discussion has to include the Rockies black vest w/ black sleeve combo. Their gray pinstripe road is pretty bad too.

We have a winner -- black-black combo!

Embrace your blackness. Be proud of your blackness.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I think the Diamondbacks are pretty modern, actually. They use that silly "D-backs" nickname on the uniform, the scripts aren't block letters or tailed cursive, and they use Agency for player names. They're crappy, but they aren't faux-retro.

Agreed on colored shirts with pinstriped pants, by the way.

Even for the '90s, that's too damn much.

I'll give you the scripts looking a teensy bit like the Reds' contrivance of an "olde-timey based ball" font, but I don't think they resemble the Red Sox at all.

I think the Royals' powder blue jerseys, white pants, powder blue hats combo is the definition of atrocious.

It's hard to say what's "worst", but the discussion has to include the Rockies black vest w/ black sleeve combo. Their gray pinstripe road is pretty bad too.

These two posts pretty much end the discussion. Add in any current Blue Jays uniform and it's the perfect storm of awful.

BB52Big.jpg

We have a winner -- black-black combo!

Embrace your blackness. Be proud of your blackness.

They're embracing blackness that they shouldn't have. They should be getting their Grimmace on and rollin' with the purple. The Rockies going with black caps and black jerseys is like Neil Diamond putting on a LA Raiders cap and oversized starter jacket and recording a rap remix of Sweet Caroline with Andre 3000.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I am going to throw my vote to the Astros. Old timey Western font with a space age name does not work.

I believe the Jays could be fixed with some easy fixes. Blue caps, belts, socks...

Those unis would still be awful, but at least they would be color appropriate for the Jays. Their championship look is still their best by far. Even if they needed to update the logo (which I don't they they would have to), that look is far better and classier than this beveled crap with NASCAR numbers.

I although I love the Astros current colors (I think their entire set is far far better than the Diamondbacks), it isn't appropriate for them. I hope someday they go back to navy and orange, maybe even using orange as the primary again. Of course, that would take the owner selling the team since he reportedly loves the red so much.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I am going to throw my vote to the Astros. Old timey Western font with a space age name does not work.

I believe the Jays could be fixed with some easy fixes. Blue caps, belts, socks...

Those unis would still be awful, but at least they would be color appropriate for the Jays. Their championship look is still their best by far. Even if they needed to update the logo (which I don't they they would have to), that look is far better and classier than this beveled crap with NASCAR numbers.

I although I love the Astros current colors (I think their entire set is far far better than the Diamondbacks), it isn't appropriate for them. I hope someday they go back to navy and orange, maybe even using orange as the primary again. Of course, that would take the owner selling the team since he reportedly loves the red so much.

I could be wrong about this, but I remember reading somewhere that the owner implemented that red due to it being the color of his trucking company or something along that line?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

They're embracing blackness that they shouldn't have. They should be getting their Grimmace on and rollin' with the purple. The Rockies going with black caps and black jerseys is like Neil Diamond putting on a LA Raiders cap and oversized starter jacket and recording a rap remix of Sweet Caroline with Andre 3000.

Isn't the Rockies organization--and come to think of it, the entire state of Colorado--infested with lots of creepy evangelicals? (Bucfan made some mention of Tebow being good for the Broncos because of all the megachurch weirdos out there.) That's anti-blackness.

Isn't the Rockies organization--and come to think of it, the entire state of Colorado--infested with lots of creepy evangelicals? (Bucfan made some mention of Tebow being good for the Broncos because of all the megachurch weirdos out there.) That's anti-blackness.

I have no idea about anything in Colorado - I just always wanted to type out the phrase "getting their Grimmace on".

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived