UFL Logo Changes?

Dedalvs

http://www.ufl-football.com/

The UFL website shows the same logos for the Tuskers and the Locos, but placeholder logos for the other three teams. If this means Florida and Las Vegas are keeping their logos, then I say three cheers for the Battlepiggies, and boo to the Locos (terrible name, terrible logo). It's disappointing to see that neither team is altering their color scheme, though (I hope the same doesn't hold true for their uniforms).

Have they expanded and contracted already? What happened to the California Redwoods?

Sacramento

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I would assume the reason for the placeholder logos is that those are new teams:

New York Sentinels --> Hartford Colonials

California Redwoods --> Sacramento Mountain Lions

Omaha Nighthawks (expansion)

Florida and Vegas are the only original teams in place.

The league has not revealed the "new" logos, colors, uniforms for any of the teams yet. There is some hope that while the primary logos of LV and Florida won't change it is possible that the color scheme might alter slightly and both teams are expected to have new uniform designs that create a team-specific identity, unlike the league-based color/uniform scheme that the league used last year.

Expect Florida to remain mostly the bright blue, but perhaps the black and silver will be modified.

Expect LV to remain mostly silver but the black and blue might be modified.

The Omaha coach leaked that his team will have black helmets and black jerseys and that their logo will be based on the Nighthawk military jet (stealth fighter or bomber, I forget which) rather than the bird of the same name.

Colonials could be Red-white-Blue, but not necessarily. Many on UFLaccess.com have pushed for a Pilgrim-era logo rather than a ripoff of the NE Patriots, so perhaps a very different color scheme is in play here.

Mountain Lions, no idea what colors will be.

We keep hearing that the logos will be released "soon" but who knows when that is, uniforms much closer to the September kickoff date.

Colonials could be Red-white-Blue, but not necessarily. Many on UFLaccess.com have pushed for a Pilgrim-era logo rather than a ripoff of the NE Patriots, so perhaps a very different color scheme is in play here.

If I had to guess, I'd say that blue will be very prominent for the Colonials. As for red, not so much. I would know.

People watch the UFL?

There must be some viewership and sponsorship, not matter how small. Otherwise, how would other leagues like the National Rugby League, National Indoor Football League, etc. have survived for so long?

The league has not revealed the "new" logos, colors, uniforms for any of the teams yet. There is some hope that while the primary logos of LV and Florida won't change it is possible that the color scheme might alter slightly and both teams are expected to have new uniform designs that create a team-specific identity, unlike the league-based color/uniform scheme that the league used last year.

Expect Florida to remain mostly the bright blue, but perhaps the black and silver will be modified.

Expect LV to remain mostly silver but the black and blue might be modified.

The Omaha coach leaked that his team will have black helmets and black jerseys and that their logo will be based on the Nighthawk military jet (stealth fighter or bomber, I forget which) rather than the bird of the same name.

We keep hearing that the logos will be released "soon" but who knows when that is, uniforms much closer to the September kickoff date.

Thanks for all the info! So those logos are up and still aren't official? Seems like a strange way of going about it. Oh well. Could be worse.

No, the only logos posted byt the UFL are the Las Vegas and Florida logos from last year. Those are not expected to change, but when they reveal the new uniforms it is possible that there will be color changes and the logos might get tweaked for color (but not design). None of the new teams have revealed their logos yet.

Thanks for all the info! So those logos are up and still aren't official? Seems like a strange way of going about it. Oh well. Could be worse.

Oh my goodness... is that team called the Gwizzlies? "Put youw hands too-gethew Geowgiow, fow youwwwww Gwwwwwwiizzzzzzlies heh heh heh heh heh..."

1. The Nighthawk is the F-117A Stealth Fighter.

2. Why does the name Mountain Lions keep screaming Vegas Gold and a deep maroon to me? I honestly have NO inside info or anything... That's just what pops into my head when I see that.

Why does the name Mountain Lions keep screaming Vegas Gold and a deep maroon to me? I honestly have NO inside info or anything... That's just what pops into my head when I see that.

That color combo has been screaming in my head as well. Gold jerseys with maroon trim, perhaps?

Archived