2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

Can someone please tell the Uruguay manager that their star striker, shouldn't take a free kick from an angle thats fairly impossible to score from. I think it might be a little better if Forlan was, you know, trying to get on the end of those <_<

The last goal might give you an answer as to why forlan is the guy delievering in those balls.

Meh...Unless, there's NO ONE else who can deliver a ball 75% as good as him, then he should be trying to get on the end of those.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess it sucked to see all of those fans leaving so dejectedly & to hear the now-strange sound of no vuvuzelas, especially after that PK goal.

I was listening to the game on the radio and after the PK goal the lack of vuvuzelas and boos were an awful sound. It was unsettling to a point.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

You know what just made the Switzerland win even more impressive and I didn't notice this until I watched the replay.

Alex Frei never played.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Well, Group B just got very interesting with that Greece win. Barring a complete and utter collapse against Greece, Argentina should be through to the next round. But now, South Korea has to win their game against Nigeria (who are playing for pride at this point) and Greece somehow has get a good result against Argentina.

My money's on South Korea to get the 2nd spot.

Well, Group B just got very interesting with that Greece win. Barring a complete and utter collapse against Greece, Argentina should be through to the next round. But now, South Korea has to win their game against Nigeria (who are playing for pride at this point) and Greece somehow has get a good result against Argentina.

Now wait, Nigeria can still get in!

ARG 6 +4 (5)

KOR 3 -1 (3)

GRE 3 -1 (2)

NGA 0 -2 (1)

All it takes is a Nigeria win and a Greece loss and Nigeria is through.

LvZYtbZ.png

Now wait, Nigeria can still get in!

ARG 6 +4 (5)

KOR 3 -1 (3)

GRE 3 -1 (2)

NGA 0 -2 (1)

All it takes is a Nigeria win and a Greece loss and Nigeria is through.

Not quite. In order for Nigeria to advance, they would have to defeat South Korea by at least a two goal margin and hope that Argentina would defeat Greece.

France's tournament has probably just ended.

Easy, there! As much as we're all hoping for France's demise, they've got South Africa next. Can you say "Cupcake City"?

6uXNWAo.png

France's tournament has probably just ended.

Easy, there! As much as we're all hoping for France's demise, they've got South Africa next. Can you say "Cupcake City"?

Make it 2-0 Mexico.

It will be close, it's going to take a Mount Everest type of effort plus a lot of luck.

Can I nominate Uruguay-Mexico as the worst game of the tournament before it happens? Both teams advance with a draw, which means there will likely be a "gentlemen's agreement" to not do anything.

Actually I do think something is on the line in that game. The winner doesn't have to play Argentina.

Archived