2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crying out loud, Socceroos.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Ghana don't want this...they don't want those three points. They just don't wanna get scored on again. And they have the man advantage.

That's about the only explanation I have for that absolute lack of discipline and the general display of confusion Ghana is showing in these closing minutes. I'm guessing they hope they can win the game on another PK??? Dubya dee eff, Black Stars...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Here's the lead from an Associated freaking Press story:

IRENE, South Africa (AP)?The United States is moving on, ready to forget about the disallowed goal that cost the Americans a win in their 2-2 draw with Slovakia at the World Cup.

Seriously?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Happy with the 3 points but the Dutch have to put together a full 90 minute effort. They're winning ugly which some say the couldn't do, a little adversity doesn't hurt in a long tournament like this.

Bring on Cameroon.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Nicklas Anelka has been sent home by the French after failing to apologise for a tirade of abuse aimed at Coach Domenech. It seems every major tournament one team fails badly through a split and unhappy squad. This time it's France! (avoids stereotyped comment about temperemental French! But I bet everyone in the world is thinking the same thing upon hearing the news!!!!)

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I don't think it has anything to do with the French being tempermental as it is France just stinking it up in South Africa. Two games in Group A play and all they have to show for it is a scoreless draw against Uruguay and a 2-0 defeat at the hands of Mexico.

Of course Anelka is going to be pissed off... Hell, I'm shocked that more French players aren't going off about their craptastic performance so far.

In action on the pitch right now, Cameroon and Denmark are tied 1-1 at the half. If it remains this way, then both teams head into their final group games with a shot to advance (Although Denmark has the better chance since they are playing Japan). Should Denmark win, Cameroon is done for and The Netherlands advance to the Knockout Round.

I don't think it has anything to do with the French being tempermental as it is France just stinking it up in South Africa. Two games in Group A play and all they have to show for it is a scoreless draw against Uruguay and a 2-0 defeat at the hands of Mexico.

Of course Anelka is going to be pissed off... Hell, I'm shocked that more French players aren't going off about their craptastic performance so far.

In action on the pitch right now, Cameroon and Denmark are tied 1-1 at the half. If it remains this way, then both teams head into their final group games with a shot to advance (Although Denmark has the better chance since they are playing Japan). Should Denmark win, Cameroon is done for and The Netherlands advance to the Knockout Round.

There were plenty of reports of French disharmony before the tournament. Malouda was inexplicably missing from the line up in the first game after reports of a bust up with Domenech. This isn't just being pissed because the team isn't playing well, this is camp disharmony causing the team to stink. The players just don't trust Domenech and he behaves in ways that widen the gulf.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Cameroon the first side offiially out of this tournament after a 2-1 defeat to the hands of the Danes in what was a great game to watch. The result also puts the Dutch into the knock out stages and sets up a winner takes all game between japan and Denmark - I like olsens boys!

Got to this topic late...very late but my impression of the tournament so far:

- The French quit

- The Beckhams (sorry England) are still waiting for someone to tell them that these game are not friendlies.

- The U.S...can't get a break

- Spain got busted open by Denmark and are probably still in shock

- Diego Maradona can't coach but surely he has the best team and player in the Cup so he only needs a rosary in his hand and to jump and down to get the crowd wild.

- And Brazil could be the sleeper winner of the cup (It sounds strange saying Brazil and Sleeper Pick but this team ain't that good as the others before them)

Got to this topic late...very late but my impression of the tournament so far:

- The French quit

- The Beckhams (sorry England) are still waiting for someone to tell them that these game are not friendlies.

- The U.S...can't get a break

- Spain got busted open by Denmark and are probably still in shock

- Diego Maradona can't coach but surely he has the best team and player in the Cup so he only needs a rosary in his hand and to jump and down to get the crowd wild.

- And Brazil could be the sleeper winner of the cup (It sounds strange saying Brazil and Sleeper Pick but this team ain't that good as the others before them)

ummm.... Spain "got busted" by Switzerland, and I wouldn't call it busted open, the Swiss just played well organised soccer with 2 backs of four playing very well and allowing Spain to do all their passing but when they went for the chances they would be denied.

and - the US got probably the biggest break of the tournament (that wasn't due to a call from the referee) when rob green let in Dempsey's goal (close runner up - the nigerian who got sent off to help out greece).

believe me - England know too well that these matches are not friendlies, with the amount of scrutiny they receive from the national media they know what's at stake - atm they just aren't playing good football AS A TEAM.

No way is Brazil a sleeper - they were favourites coming in, as they are always.

Socceroos should have won. Wilkshire had a perfect chance but couldn't control the ball. Don't think the Harry Kewell red card was warranted. There was no where else to put his arm in the split second the ball got fired at him. Sure a penalty, but not a direct red. And how the Ghanaean (Ghanan?) player didn't get sent off I don't know, Tim Cahill got sent off last week for less. It makes no sense. Three WC games in a row we been harshly treated by the refs, the Italian penalty, cahill and kewells red cards.

Anyway, I want a vuvuzela.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Archived