2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

It's going to be tough on Saturday. My girlfriend and a lot of her Peace Corps friends all spent two years in West Africa, including several visits to Ghana. Having been in that part of the world myself (for a month), I probably won't be able to keep myself from pulling for Ghana to pull off the upset.

I know that sentiment might be un-Amurrcan, but I think it's the right cultural choice.

You....are a Meathead. Dead from the neck-up.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alexi Lalas is terrible; a homer. Roberto Martinez and Klingsman are the two best on ESPN as their English is good for the masses. I love Ruud, but he has English as his third or fourth language. I like Steve McManahan but his vests and talk hurts me.

It's going to be tough on Saturday. My girlfriend and a lot of her Peace Corps friends all spent two years in West Africa, including several visits to Ghana. Having been in that part of the world myself (for a month), I probably won't be able to keep myself from pulling for Ghana to pull off the upset.

I know that sentiment might be un-Amurrcan, but I think it's the right cultural choice.

Right cultural choice? Huh?

...ok. Whatever.

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

...ok. Whatever.

He didn't get the "Downer David" tag for nothing.

Why would he resist a chance to piss on our nationalistic pride?

Slovakia currently have Italy down 1-0. Just imagine if this holds up...all of a sudden, the decision to bring nothing but old players is coming back to bite the Azurri in their ass.

...ok. Whatever.

He didn't get the "Downer David" tag for nothing.

Why would he resist a chance to piss on our nationalistic pride?

It's weird that you would equate my preference for a soccer team with "pissing on your nationalistic pride." I can't tell if your being tounge in cheek, like I was with the "cultural choice" comment, or if you're serious. Either way, it's just a preference for one game.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well the cutest flightless bird won't be moving.

They shocked the world, just too bad they won't be going through. If only that offside goal counted.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived