2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How about more of an effort in your kicks, Ghana? This is the WORLD CUP, for god's sake!

Damn if only the US could have tied it Saturday, they would have won, since we see Ghana is incompetent in Penalties.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

How about more of an effort in your kicks, Ghana? This is the WORLD CUP, for god's sake!

Damn if only the US could have tied it Saturday, they would have won, since we see Ghana is incompetent in Penalties.

Ghana is twice the team the United States was, as was proven by their effort today. Uruguay would've boat-raced the U.S. had they actually gotten by Ghana.

6uXNWAo.png

I'm not sure how 'hardcore' soccer fans are in Ghana, but I can only hope that Asamoah Gyan doesn't become the next Andres Escobar. I feel so bad for that guy right now.

6uXNWAo.png

So yeah, that was probably the damndest ending to a soccer game that I have seen since I started watching, especially during the World Cup. Everybody try to comprehend what just happened here:

-Ghana gets a last ditch corner at the end of extra time. Corner results in Uruguay having to resort to handball just to keep the ball out. PK awarded to Ghana.

-Ghana inexplicably misses the PK, taking the game to PKs.

-The guy that missed the PK that would've sent Ghana to the semis ends up making his kick in the shootout. An entire continent wonders "WHERE THE HELL WAS THAT 2 MINUTES AGO?!"

-Ghana misses another PK in the shootout (on a DREADFUL attempt), seemingly giving victory to Uruguay.

-Uruguay skies the next PK, keeping Ghana alive.

-Ghana misses ANOTHER PK, certainly giving victory to Uruguay.

-Uruguay scores on a cheeky goal, wins the shootout and the game.

How outrageous is this? I mean, Ghana's gotta live with this for 4 years now, assuming they make it to Brazil 2014. Good lawd. Soccer is a crazy sport.

Archived