2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

I'm sorry, but a deliberate handball in the 6-yard box should be an automatic goal. Desperation or not, that was a cheap, cheap way to lose a World Cup game and FIFA needs to look at that rule.

Suarez will probably be suspended for more than one game, but that's no consolation to the Ghanians, who literally had the game stolen from them.

(Though Gyan should've made that kick either way).

philly.png

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sorry, but a deliberate handball in the 6-yard box should be an automatic goal. Desperation or not, that was a cheap, cheap way to lose a World Cup game and FIFA needs to look at that rule.

Suarez will probably be suspended for more than one game, but that's no consolation to the Ghanians, who literally had the game stolen from them.

(Though Gyan should've made that kick either way).

Although I don't disagree with the sentiment, a player sent off and a penalty is a big deal in most circumstances. Suarez should receive a longer ban but I don't think there is much else that can be done.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

Well...that was an ass-whoopin'.

Can't say I'm entirely surprised by that result, or the way the game went, however. These were two offensively strong teams coming into the game. I highlight "offensively" for a reason--the Argentine defense was already suspect coming in (so, too, was Romero in goal)--and that Mannschaft defense shut them out, and the offense/counterattack completely took them down. That first goal at about six or nine minutes in seemed to cause the Argentines to play a little too apprehensive....but even still, the German speed, coordination, and, well hell, chemistry, was entirely too much for Argentina today.

All that said, not that the rest of the world didn't already know this, but those who might have hit snooze a time too many on this German team just got woke up. And if they keep this up, Germany may well be adding a fourth gold star above their national team's crest by the time this is all said and done.

Congrats, Die Mannschaft. Auf dem weg zum cup.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Archived