2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa

NEW.ERA

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I'm watching the Paraguay/Spain match on ABC just for the hell of it and I hate the color commentary, It just doesn't work for Football/Soccer in my opinion. CBC is doing a fine job with the commentary and studio analysis, Mike Tirico and Chris Fowler just don't do it for me.

What do the Americans think of it?

Even with the US not being a soccer nation I would like to think we could pull together enough American broadcasters to do this tournament. Harkes and Lalas are really the only two ESPN has doing this tournament for TV, Tirico and Fowler both do American football, then the rest of them are from everywhere else on Earth, hell, Ive only seen Julie Foudy do two quick taped segments so far.

Overall I think ESPN and the commentary teams have done a good job, my only issue so far has been listening to Ally McCoist, his accent is so thick its difficult to understand him.

All this South American build up sure lasted long.

Right now, It looks like only one of the five that made it to the knockout stages will make it to the Semis. IN THE END EUROPE REIGN SUPREME ONCE AGAIN!!!!!!! B)

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

So Spain-Germany & Netherlands-Uruguay in the semis. Once again, two more compelling matchups. Also, who would've thought that the two teams that haven't won a World Cup in these matchups are Oranje & Spain...which is why I want to see that as a final. Let's see another team break through and finally win a World Cup.

In other news, the World Cup will be over a week from tomorrow. Kinda sad that this thing is finally hitting the homestretch and coming to an end. :(

Now truthfully...how many of you had Paraguay making it this far to begin with? ^_^

*stands by and waits for someone to post picture of dejected Larissa Riquelme*

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The goal for the United States in 2014 should be seven wins and seven clean sheets. They have four years to find a goalkeeper good enough.

What?

Howard is one of the best keepers in the World Cup. They need a better defense, and a strong scoring striker if anything. Also, the USA just needs to make progress. String a few successful Cups in a row, instead of up and down each time. The MLS will receive a boost in support after the ride the USMNT took the country on this year,

Archived