LAS VEGAS BRONCOS (NHL)

Sigma Kappa

Hi guys, what do you think about my newest design? I need to hear your opinions, comments and critics! It's a logo I came up with for a new "NHL EXPANSION" design competition over on PUCKDRAWN ... Thank you guys!

...so here's the logo...

LasVegasBroncos.png

Thank you for viewing!

sks7copy-4.png

The head position and the colors are making me think Western Michigan University. It's obvious that you've created a new logo and not ripped off another, so I'm not going that direction.

I also think the mane needs to be more flowing, not flopped over behind the neck. That, in my opinion, will only further its similarity to Western Michigan.

Western is the first thing I thought of when I saw this too. I say replace the gold with silver... not only is Nevada known as The Silver State, but it would probably take care of any possibilty of these being mistaken for WMU.

Western Michigan, Denver, Swift Current, Boise State, Louisville and Baltimore Stallions, Cal-Poly Mustangs, etc. etc., nothing original there...

Regardless of originality (we all need to start somewhere for inspiration), I see a few things I like, a few I don't.

-Can't understand the name Broncos for Vegas.

- I like the colour scheme but it's a little too close to Anaheim, and Vegas needs to be really glitzy and extravagant.

- I don't understang the hem striping, too asymetrical for my liking.

- The logo shouldn't be rotated like that, that curved edge was meant to be diagonal.

- The arched white striping (sleeve to sleeve) is quite wide,

Keep tweaking and let's see what everyone else says...

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Broncos makes sense since they host tons of rodeo events throughout the year.

Getting to the logo, the nostril seems... off? Perhaps you don't need the white in the nostril of the teeth. Maybe just leave those areas black.

From far away, it looks like a mountain lion opening its jaw really wide, while facing the left. Especially on the white background. that was actually the first thing i saw. Just my two cents

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Yep, Anaheim was the first thing I thought when looking at the colours. And something seems off about the shape of the horses' head, too small perhaps in relation to the neck, not sure.

I have to agree with the others, I see too much similar with the Ducks. The logo is nice though.

Since the Broncos are a name already taken by the NFL team in Denver (which also isn't that far away). Why not instead go with the name "Mustangs" as it's a name not already adopted by one of the major sports.

Also I'd tweak the colors to Crimson, (PANTONE© 1797 C) as the primary, Canyon Gold (PANTONE© 138 C) and instead have black as a secondary trim color rather than the primary.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

shocked no one mentioned anything about the calgary flames. while colors would be different, the horse heads would be a bit too much in the same league.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

I'm not a hockey fan per se, but I like the design. It's solid and the color scheme is nice. The only comment I have is like how some people above have mentioned the "mountain lion" head thing. It could be cleaned up a bit, maybe streamline the "goatee" part under his chin?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

shocked no one mentioned anything about the calgary flames. while colors would be different, the horse heads would be a bit too much in the same league.

The Flames don't use the horse head anymore though.

That and the horse logo presented here has more in common with the Denver Broncos than the Flames fire-snorting horse.

I think the problem with the snout is that the nostils need to flare up a bit, look at the Denver Broncos logo and you'll notice how the nose flares up just a bit at the nostrils. I also am having a problem with the chin...I don't know if I like the little curl at the bottom...

Don't get me wrong I believe this is a great logo but there are just a few minor changes needed

Great Work!

dd-1.jpg

DAN|dismounts

SK, I always liked your concepts on Puckdrawn.com, but this horse seems a little goat-faced. I think of a horse as a majestic, 'knightly' animal. The bent back ears, the goatee, and the big lips detract from that.

Archived