New Pac-10 Logo

lilgump

Hey all,

Was reading the Husky football blog, and they had a picture from Hec-Ed, which had a new Pac-10 Logo on it.

Here's the pic:

100_1547.JPG

and the article

Husky Football Blog

Looks like they added it to the arena when they were refinishing the floor. What's everyones take on it?

Personally, I think it kinda looks too much like the SEC logo. I liked the older logo, how it had 10 rays representing 10 teams.

However the new one, since it is more shield like, most likely will look better if put on jerseys.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

what...is the area that the "10" is sitting in supposed to be? It looks like it's connected to the "A" somehow to form a shape...but it looks like a music note to me...?

"This isn't just the Oregon Ducks, it's Football's Future Turf Soldier War Hero Steel Robot Tech Flex Machine Army." -CS85

what...is the area that the "10" is sitting in supposed to be? It looks like it's connected to the "A" somehow to form a shape...but it looks like a music note to me...?

Underneath the "A" is a mountain and the "10" has a wave to the left of it.

NYCdog.png

a little similar?

logo-mac-conference.s600x600.jpg

I concede the shields are roughly the same shape....

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I think it's an upgrade, just on the font choice alone. Glad they kept the same color scheme, but am curious as to why with all of this expansion talk did this come out right now. Maybe they have no plans to ever change the conference name even if they add 2 teams...

While I think it is a downgrade, it was always going to change this summer, regardless of the moves which the Big Ten may start.

They have a new commissioner in Larry Scott, who came in after the 2008 re-fresh. In addition, the conference hired their first ever Chief Marketing Officer in March. Danette Leighton was the Vice President of Marketing and Brand Development for Maloof Sports & Entertainment and once led Sony Corporation's Sports Marketing division with emphasis on the PGA TOUR and the SONY Open In Hawaii.

If they are looking at trying to partner to form a networks, this could be part of the package.

Wonder if they will change the color for each school like the SEC does for the logo on the football fields?

Schools have done what the want to the former logo and update. Cal and Oregon State have recolored it on their basketball floors. In terms of football, it isn't places on field like the SEC; it that changes, then it would probably be just in white paint.

Plus, the SEC uses the 'circle logo' for football, but the newer font on basketball courts to make it more of a branding issue than they should have.

Major downgrade. It's like some crappy EA Sports team creator logo. The current logo is simple, clean, and classy. This one is cheap, crappy, and outdated already.

Wonder if they will change the color for each school like the SEC does for the logo on the football fields?

Schools have done what the want to the former logo and update. Cal and Oregon State have recolored it on their basketball floors. In terms of football, it isn't places on field like the SEC; it that changes, then it would probably be just in white paint.

Plus, the SEC uses the 'circle logo' for football, but the newer font on basketball courts to make it more of a branding issue than they should have.

SEC uses the same letters as the "circle logo" on the basketball courts...just with out the circle. Seems like the brand is the same to me.

Margaret.png
9JR5Pzv.png

a little similar?

logo-mac-conference.s600x600.jpg

I concede the shields are roughly the same shape....

And they're pretty much the same shape as the NFL Equipment shield as well.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived