An NHL Alternate History: Phoenix Jets

knnhrvy16

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks again for the comments everyone, I appreciate it! I'm glad to hear you guys think it was accurate and realistic.

As for what's next, I'm not quite sure. If I tackle the Nordiques and Whalers (Scouts too), they'll be "survival" concepts, in which each franchise stays where they were (in Quebec, Hartford, and Kansas City). I was actually going to ask you guys if you think it'd be a good idea to expand and continue, what do you guys think?

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I really, really liked what you did here! I think you matched eras up almost perfectly and the 90's "sublimation" style sweater and desert colors are really spot-on. I also like how you went from that to a less "fan backlash" version in the same colors, and then how - fittingly for the eras -

your franchise listened to the fans cries once again and went back to the old scheme in an updated form. Very very nice...I am definitely a fan. What program did you make these in, or did I miss it in an earlier post?

98Falcons.png

I really, really liked what you did here! I think you matched eras up almost perfectly and the 90's "sublimation" style sweater and desert colors are really spot-on. I also like how you went from that to a less "fan backlash" version in the same colors, and then how - fittingly for the eras -

your franchise listened to the fans cries once again and went back to the old scheme in an updated form. Very very nice...I am definitely a fan. What program did you make these in, or did I miss it in an earlier post?

Thanks, I appreciate that! I used Microsoft Paint for the general uniforms and logos, and Microsoft Word for re-sizing logos and numbers. It's no Illustrator or Photoshop, but it does the job :)

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I hope you guys don't mind me posting again haha, but I've just been thinking. At first when I was thinking about what to do next, as I mentioned before, I wanted to do "survival" concepts, in which teams like the Nordiques, North Stars, Whalers, and Scouts all stayed where they were. But after thinking of requests like the Colorado Nordiques and the Carolina Whalers, the idea is slowly growing on me. So I need some help; which do you think would be a better route, the survival concepts, or the New town-Same name concepts?

Thanks again for all your help and comments!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

I hope you guys don't mind me posting again haha, but I've just been thinking. At first when I was thinking about what to do next, as I mentioned before, I wanted to do "survival" concepts, in which teams like the Nordiques, North Stars, Whalers, and Scouts all stayed where they were. But after thinking of requests like the Colorado Nordiques and the Carolina Whalers, the idea is slowly growing on me. So I need some help; which do you think would be a better route, the survival concepts, or the New town-Same name concepts?

Thanks again for all your help and comments!

New town-Same name.... love what you did with the Jets

Just wanted to throw in my 3 & 1/2 cents and say that I thought this was a really cool set. I love the way you captured the eras and, like many others said, I hope you do some other teams. Stuff like this is a lot of fun to look through. Good work.

Same name new city - gets my vote. This is one of my favorite concept threads ever, well done!

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

One more thing: will you do more???

I'd like to see the evolution of the Colorado Nordiques,

the Carolina Whalers

and the New Jersey Scouts...

Don't forget about the Dallas North Stars. :D

Great job on this, OP. I think I like the Phoenix Jets' identity BETTER than the Coyotes'.

87Redskins.png

Thanks again guys, your comments are much appreciated! It looks like you guys like the same name new city idea and I'll admit that I'm really liking the idea too. I'm actually on my senior trip in L.A. right now so I don't have my program with me but in the meantime I'll cook up some ideas. I'm thinking Colorado Nordiques next.... :)

Thanks again guys!

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The whole Phoenix Jets project was well conceived and well executed. Each iteration was cohesive and definitely fit the proper real-world era. Good stuff.

EDIT: I really look forward to the Carolina Whalers: it could have worked as a legitimate nickname. While it was certainly never as big as in New England, whaling was definitely practiced off the NC coast. There's even a town called Whalebone near Nags Head and Kitty Hawk.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Will we be seeing the Colorado Nordiques & Carolina Whalers?

...don't forget the Colorado Devils.

No, that'd either be the Colorado Scouts, New Jersey Scouts, or New Jersey Rockies.

He's taking the old name to the new place, not the other way around.

Also you could do the Cleveland Golden Seals, or hell if you really want to get down to it even the Minnesota Barons, Minnesota Golden Seals, or Dallas Barons, Dallas Golden Seals (Kinda/technically/merger/whatever)

And the last one that we'd have to suggest is Calgary Flames, but I'm pretty sure that's been done already :lol:

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Will we be seeing the Colorado Nordiques & Carolina Whalers?

...don't forget the Colorado Devils.

No, that'd either be the Colorado Scouts, New Jersey Scouts, or New Jersey Rockies.

He's taking the old name to the new place, not the other way around.

Also you could do the Cleveland Golden Seals, or hell if you really want to get down to it even the Minnesota Barons, Minnesota Golden Seals, or Dallas Barons, Dallas Golden Seals (Kinda/technically/merger/whatever)

And the last one that we'd have to suggest is Calgary Flames, but I'm pretty sure that's been done already :lol:

Actually they would be the San Jose Seals!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

this may be one of my favorite threads ever. very well done!

I'd love to see the evolution of the Minnesota north stars to the dallas stars.

Maybe they would have become the dallas north stars? south stars? lone stars? So many possibilities that you can play with other than sticking with the reality of the "stars".

I really enjoyed this thread though! My one complaint is that I wish you would have used the coyotes colors instead of the teal, orange combo. It would have been more realistic to see them use a maroon instead of red and replace the blue with black or navy green.

Maybe follow the coyotes history of orange, purple, teal and the likes for the 90's and 00's with maroon. this is such a solid concept. love it!

Wish someone would join you that would take your ideas and vectorize them and make a "fantasy" nhl thread or site. so cool.

bleedblue-1.png

Bleeding Blue since 1986

Archived