Columbus Blue Jackets

Has2916

Alright, here we go. I've put on my bullet proof vest and I am ready to receive the onslaught of negative (and positive?) feedback.

What Columbus will do with their upcoming 3rd jerseys really interests me. I tried creating a canon logo and combined it the flag from the new 10th anniversary logo. The jersey is based off of their original blue jersey and USA's 2010 Olympic jersey.

Columbus.png

Looks pretty good overall. While I can't help but feel that the jersey is a bit plain, it for some reason works quite well. That or I'm having trouble thinking of any suggestions.

As for the logo, that more than makes up for the plain-ness of the jersey.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

I love the logo, creative. I'm iffy with it working as a crest logo, but obviously it's also working mostly. I don't mind the jersey design, but add a little more. Great work.

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

I unfortunately can't see it.

EDIT: Now I can, and I really like that logo, but the rest of the jersey is a little blah to me.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Yeah, the jersey seems to need something to spruce it up. I think it's the inconsistency between the red stripe on the sleeves and the bottom of the jersey (maybe stars for both). What would happen with stars on bottom of the jersey and maybe blue breezers (to look less like the Rangers...)?

Love the primary logo. Blue Jackets logos have always been pretty busy, I think it's fine for an alternate.

Their home jersey is entirely navy blue. So is this alternate jersey. Besides the crest, you should add something different to tell them apart. Perhaps some white and red stripes around the arms and waist with stars and maybe some silver would do the trick. Try different combinations to see what looks best. Really nice logo by the way.

As a Jackets fan, here's what I'd personally do.

-Lose the flag element to it. It looks nice and all but it looks cluttered.

-Take the stars from the writsts and put them on the hem too. Maybe moving up the stars from the wrist would work too.

Overall though, this looks really nice!

6fQjS3M.png

Great start. For a primary crest, I think the logo is just a bit too busy though. Imagine embroidering that!

Otherwise, I really like the star element but I think it's in the wrong place. Maybe echo the sock stripe on the sleeves, and then move the stars on the breezers?

Thanks for all the feedback. I'm on the wrong computer right now so I'll try and make some of the suggested updates tomorrow night. Any suggestions on how to simplify the logo. Word is the cannon will be involved. I heard remove the flag. Any other suggestions?

I updated the jersey here. Haven't updated the logo.

Columbus2.png

This now looks like a goofy all star jersey to me now. Any other striping or logo suggestions? I'll try the side view logo later.

PS. Is calling hockey pants "breezers" and American thing? I've always just known them as "pants" or "hockey pants"

you should def try to make the stars on the jersey look like the star from the blue jackets' logo...or at least in the same style.

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

PS. Is calling hockey pants "breezers" and American thing? I've always just known them as "pants" or "hockey pants"

I believe it's a Minnesota thing, but I call them breezers as well and I'm from Ontario. I'm definitely in the minority, though.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

Archived