Nitroseed's "name That Logo!" -04/16/04-

nitroseed

I thought I'd start a new little "trivia" type contest that I think could be pretty fun. It might also help you as a designer to sharpen your eye for detail! You already know the name of the game from the title, so I'll explain the rules:

You will get three 50x50 images, with only one being revealed every 24 hours. You will get a maximum of three images. The images will be small thumbnails of some part of a logo. These images will be stripped of all color to prevent giving it away. You must guess what the logo is using only the details in those three pictures.

This particular logo, since it is the first contest, is one of the logos in the major four leagues: NFL, NBA, NHL, or MLB. However, in the future, I may use a logo from minor leagues or colleges as well. It can be ANY logo from ANY team in those four leagues. That includes any primary logos, any seconaries, any wordmarks, anything that is used as an official mark for any of those teams.

You will only have 72 hours to guess what logo this is. After that, I will declare you all to be big losers. :)

SO... without further ado... here is the first logo! Good luck! Deadline is April 18th. The logo will be totally revealed on April 19th.

ntl-B-041604.gif

Second image update: April 17th, noonish.

I'm guessing it's either the Oilers' Oilman logo or some sort of animal logo from the NBA.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

We have a winnah! :D Yes, indeed, it was the Oilers' oilman logo:

ntl-041604-oilers.gif

I see I'll have to make this more challenging! I'll have a new NTL for you tomorrow. Good work, RC! ^_^

This thread was a great idea! Good work Nitro!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

What part of the logo is that?  In other words, could you "highlight" the part of the Oilers logo that you originally chose?  It's just that I'm a dumba$$ and can't find it on my own  :P

The oilman's left knee (on our right), where it meets the stick.

For some reason, the Oilers' oilman logo seems to be a common guess in these types of games. Maybe because it got screwed out of a place on the Oilers' alternate jersey... but that's for another thread, at another time.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

These images will be stripped of all color to prevent giving it away.

There's your answer quad. It's in grayscale, which makes this tough. I don't think this one was too easy Nitro... I wouldn't make it any harder!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Glad you guys like the idea. :D

And by the way, from now on, you'll be required to specify which logo it is, and not just the team. I might also require you to find a picture of the logo and identify where on the logo the details I've given you are. Just to make things interesting! :)

These images will be stripped of all color to prevent giving it away.

There's your answer quad. It's in grayscale, which makes this tough. I don't think this one was too easy Nitro... I wouldn't make it any harder!

Oh! Yeah! Gee I didn't read that part. I was thinking of an NBA team when I saw that logo.

I saw, I came, I left.

Geesh.. the whole contest took place overngiht, before I even saw it.

Bah!

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived