Minnesota Wild Redesign

J Blackhawk

As a native Minnesotan, I was ecstatic when the Wild released their 3rd jersey last season. Hopefully soon they will do a revamp of the dated away jersey, but until then I figured I would do a little redesigning of my own.

One major problem I have always had with the Wild kit is the color pairing. I'm not a huge fan of the red and green. I love how the new 3rd jersey combined that vintage white with the forest green. But still, there's that red mixed in.

My idea was to do away with the red entirely and replace it with the gold that has been part of the primary mark.

MNWILDLOGO.jpgMNWILDLOGO2.jpg

MNWILDJERSEY.jpg

MNWILDJERSEYAWAY.jpg

This is just a start of what I've been working on this past weekend. Hopefully, I'll have more to show. C&C greatly appreciated!

As a native Minnesotan, I was ecstatic when the Wild released their 3rd jersey last season. Hopefully soon they will do a revamp of the dated away jersey, but until then I figured I would do a little redesigning of my own.

One major problem I have always had with the Wild kit is the color pairing. I'm not a huge fan of the red and green. I love how the new 3rd jersey combined that vintage white with the forest green. But still, there's that red mixed in.

My idea was to do away with the red entirely and replace it with the gold that has been part of the primary mark.

MNWILDJERSEY.jpg

MNWILDJERSEYAWAY.jpg

This is just a start of what I've been working on this past weekend. Hopefully, I'll have more to show. C&C greatly appreciated!

Agreed. Although, your new look makes you look like you miss the Seattle Supersonics :P . Just kidding. Nice job! B)

WIZARDS ORIOLES CAPITALS RAVENS UNITED

Honestly, I feel that the logo loses a lot without the red. In yours, the yellow looks like an error of some sort; since the rest of it looks a bit monochrome (on a wheat background), it jumps out a bit too much.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

It doesn't work. It's too bland and I agree with Mockba, a little monochrome. Your problem is that you are using a dark green an orangeish yellow, and tan, it's just very boring together. Now if you added an accent of red, it just might work because the red is a bright color, but you are currently using nothing but dull hues and it makes the whole look very drab.

I think if you do away the red, you should integrate maybe a copper in there to contrast to the green/gold.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

I personally LOVE this. I think the red sucks. A lot of people make fun of black uniforms (BFBS - Black For Black's Sake), and I think the same goes for red. As an Angels fan, I have to ask myself WHY are they red?? There's too much black and red in the NHL, and I think your colors harp back to the days of the North Stars.

TWO THUMBS UP!

AnaheimGrungeSigv2.png

I'm feeling the logo, not the uniform. It feels a tad too plain for my liking. C'mon, they're called the Wild

They're called the Wild because of the Minnesota wilderness. It's not like "hey! let's go party! wooooooo!" :rolleyes:

I now agree with the overall logo being a bit drab though. Perhaps I'll look into adding another color to the palette.

I agree that the logo may be a bit plain, but I really like the North Stars' feel to these. I've always hated the Wild nickname and colors, but love NHL hockey in Minnesota so this idea is a step in the right direction.

Now, if only I could scrape up the cash to buy both the Stars and the Wild, I'd move the North Stars back where they belong and give Dallas a different team with a better name than the Dallas Wild...

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

I like the way this looks but I'm afraid that the wheat doesn't work for the top part of the logo. The scene within the head is night-time (hence the star/eye and moon). Red works for the sky because it is fairly dark and gives a nice ominous wildnerness feel. Wheat makes the logo look weird because it is too light of a colour for a night-time scene and takes away some of the spookiness (for lack of a better word) of such a great logo. I like your colour scheme but I don't think it works for that reason.

I like the way this looks but I'm afraid that the wheat doesn't work for the top part of the logo. The scene within the head is night-time (hence the star/eye and moon). Red works for the sky because it is fairly dark and gives a nice ominous wildnerness feel. Wheat makes the logo look weird because it is too light of a colour for a night-time scene and takes away some of the spookiness (for lack of a better word) of such a great logo. I like your colour scheme but I don't think it works for that reason.

Very good point!

Here's a few new color combinations I have been working with. I added a copper to the palette, like suggested. I really like #1 the best I think. I think the yellow works great in the negative space of the design.

WILDLOGOS.jpg

MNWILDJERSEY.jpg

MNWILDJERSEYAWAY.jpg

Like the colour combo but any jersey set where the home and away dont match is a fail in my books. I also dont get why one of the best modern logos in the NHL is minimized by putting it in a circle on the away and on the shoulders of the home. Make the bear head/wilderness scene the primary and pick a consistant striping pattern and you've got a winner.

I'd like to see how one looks with absolutely no wheat at all.

Forest green, gold and white could be a nice homage to the North Stars, and seeing as how the Dallas Stars are almost exclusively black these days, it wouldn't be interfering on their turf at all.

CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.pngHamilton Eagles- 2012 and 2013 Continental Hockey League Champions! CHL-2011ECchamps-HAM.png

2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 & 2015 CHL East Division Champions!

Niagara Dragoons- 2012 United League and CCSLC World Series Champions!
2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015 UL Robinson Division Champions!

FINISHED!

Decided to entirely eliminate the wheat color, and go with green, yellow, and white as the main colors. It was a lot of back and forth between the different color combinations, but I think this works the best. I also added the new shoulder patches, changed the away logo to the main primary, and incorporated the bottom cummerbund stripe to the away jersey. I think this better relates the away and home.

Overall, I am really happy with how this turned out. Perhaps I'll even look into doing an alternate. But for now, this is my final draft.

MNWILDLOGOFINAL.jpgMNWILDLOGO2FINAL.jpg

MNWILDJERSEY_FINALcopy2.jpg

MNWILDJERSEYAWAYFINAL2.jpg

Thanks for all the comments everybody!

Very sharp! I'm lovin the simplicity of the green/yellow/white.... And with the white star and moon the yellow works great for a night sky. Nice little Northstars feel to it as well!

Archived