2010 NHL Draft

TrueYankee26

Edmonton would be smart to get the setup man as they have Eberle, Omark, Svensson all coming up plus Hemsky's already there.

But remember people we're dealing with Steve Tambellini here.

He'll take Taylor Hall

Either way Calgary & Vancouver fans have to see either one 6 times a year for possibly the next decade.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I think Hall will go first, though I do think Seguin is the better player. I had the privilege of watching him play here in Plymouth the past few years. Highly skilled, mobile player with decent speed and great hands. Edmonton and Boston are both getting great players though, regardless of who goes 1 and who goes 2.

I'd take Hall because he's already proven that he knows how to win. The only reason I might be inclined to take Seguin is because he has a better attitude. But, overall I think Hall will be the better player. Or, ya know, I could be dead wrong and look stupid. :P

g4104.png

If Hall and Seguin are such equals, then shouldn't Edmonton flip picks with Boston? They'd have a 50% chance of getting the guy they wanted and would likely get some proven commodity to fill one of their many other needs in exchange for the first overall. Of course, the knowledge that Edmonton could want Hall all along and still get him at #2 might preclude the Bruins from making a trade-up of any consequence. Interesting little piece of game theory here.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Edmonton fan right here.

Can't lose either way (because whoever the Oil take will bolt town as soon as possible, regardless), but my gut tells me Seguin will be the best overall player in the longrun.

6uXNWAo.png

Hall's a winger, and Edmonton already has a bunch of wingers, while Seguin is a centre, and pundits were crying for a centre all season long. My head says they'll go with Seguin, but my heart thinks they'll take Hall.

Hall's a winger, and Edmonton already has a bunch of wingers, while Seguin is a centre, and pundits were crying for a centre all season long. My head says they'll go with Seguin, but my heart thinks they'll take Hall.

Minor distinction, but Hall plays wing, and Seguin plays centre.

Hall played centre for most of his life, and sounds like he's quite willing to shift back to the middle if it suits the Oilers needs. And, I'm not sure that, as part of their decision-making process, the Oilers haven't at least considered that he could be the solution to their long-term need for a top pivot.

Just a possibility, but a realistic one, I think.

If he shifts to centre, we might even discover that the one knock on Hall, that he has underused his linemates, was more a product of his systemic role as a wing than it was a limitation of his playing style.

Mind you, it's hard not to want to use a player with Hall's speed and puck-pursuit/puck retrieval ability along the boards as a winger.

The Jackets are most likely going to take a defenseman. All of the rumors surrounding them trading the 4th pick are probably untrue and they'll take either Gudbranson, Fowler, or Gormley. I don't know anything about juniors this year so I'm probably not going to watch the draft. I am a bad hockey fan.

This could also go in the "What did you just notice for the first time" thread, but Taylor Hall sort of looks like that autistic basketball manager kid...Jason something.

Hall is definitely the goofier looking player between the two.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived