NCAA Football Concepts

bigmike

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think your TCU is well executed but I don't personally care for it. The frogskin is overwhelming IMO. Also, as Kevin W. stated, I think the striping on the helmet makes more sense as red, but for me aesthetically I like the purple better. Is there a way to be more subtle on the frogskin?

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

Okay I updated TCU, took the frog skin off of the shoulders and I just kept it on the sleeves. I also added some black piping around the sleeves, I decided not to bring the red stripes back just because it kind of looks out of place with their colors. Now its time to crack the Top 5!

#5 Virginia Tech Hokies

Virginia Tech always has some wild Nike uniforms, I personally liked the ones they wore when Marcus Vick was there over the ones they have now. I also love their throwback uniforms. So I decided to try and combine the throwback stripes with piping. I used their current number font except it only has one outline, I did the same with the logo. For the pants I used Kentucky style pant stripes because I think it matches the jersey's design really well. This is probably my favorite concept of the series.

Home and Away Uniforms

HokiesHomeAwayUniforms.png

Alternate Uniforms

HokiesAlternateUniforms.png

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

The updated version looks much better, but I still think the helmet would look better with red stripes.

For Virginia Tech, I think if you kept the gradient numbers, it'd look even better.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Florida: Not a fan of either helmet personally, I think an orange helmet with the updated gator would look sick. Good choice to include the gator skin in there, really adds to the piece.

TCU The frog skin just isnt subtle enough to look good on the metallic gray. The black included in the pattern really kills it, I'd try white or a lighter form of gray.

VT This is by far my favorite of the series. I'm stoked that you went with the piping again, something that I loved in their old unis.

The updated version looks much better, but I still think the helmet would look better with red stripes.

For Virginia Tech, I think if you kept the gradient numbers, it'd look even better.

NOOOOO! I'm afraid the gradient numbers would KILL these uniforms. There isn't anything more to improve on Va Tech, and the gradient numbers are bad enough in the first place. Putting them on a throwback-style uniform wouldn't work. And TCU does look better...and I'm sure the frog skin would look better in real life, as it's hard to recreate on the computer.

I may try the Gator Head out on the Helmet, I also have another idea for TCU that doesn't include the frog skin at all, I may try it out and just keep the Frog Skin Uniforms as Pro Combat Rival Uniforms. Thanks for all the comments on Virginia Tech, I'll pass on the gradient numbers, I loved their Pro Combats but it wouldn't work with this set.

hey bigmike where di you get all your custom team fonts and numbers?

Most of the Block fonts I use are eriqjaffe's fonts. For Virginia Tech I had to hand draw those, but I sent LEWJ the VaTech font so he has it up on the first post of the Paint Template thread. You can also find Florida and a lot of Nike teams in that thread. And then you can check out dafont.com and download other free fonts there.

All of these teams are well done, excellent job. I'm glad you kept going with it and your updates are pretty much everyday. One question are you going to keep doing college teams?

Thanks man, its been a fun project to do in some free time. I am probably going to continue to do some college teams after the Top 25. I already have some ideas for Auburn and Troy and I'll probably do them first and then see where I can go from there. I might not have as much free time though because I'm starting back to school this week but I want to keep this series going.

I'm working on a TCU update, so maybe I'll have it up soon but for now lets move on to the next Top 5 team.

#4 Texas Longhorns

At first I thought all I would do is update the font and the pants, I wanted to mix the pants stripe from what they have now with something similar to their old basketball shorts. But that didn't work and I just decided to start over, so I added some horn stripes to the sleeves and pants. I also added a western font and a new logo to the pants which is the state of Texas with a T on it. Thats pretty much it, this is probably the biggest change I've made to one of the Powerhouse Tradition teams, but maybe you guys will like it.

Update: Kept everything the same except used a block font for the Numbers

TexasUniformsUpdate.png

Happy to see some color added to the longhorns pants but i am not sure I am feeling this particular stripe. Like the T logo on the state. I personally would like to see a burnt orange facemasks but UT fans would probably cringe at that idea.

crsig.jpgnsig.jpg

all the new ones are good with the exception of the change in striping on the florida orange helmet and away uniforms. the jersey stripes they currently have on both sets are supposed to mimmick the stripe pattern on the helmet wtih the orange stripe being the main shell, the blue as the blue stripe, and the white as the center stripe. that is why the away stripes look different even though theyre the same stripe templateufstripes.png

i quickly made this to show how the pant and jersey stripe copy the helmet

maehl.png

Archived