NCAA Football Concepts

bigmike

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

# 8 Iowa Hawkeyes

Alright I've been thinking about this one for a long time, I wanted to seperate Iowa from the Pittsburgh Steelers and I tried taking inspiration from their Apex Uniforms, Obviously those jerseys are terrible but the pants look good. I think scottysprings did something similar to this so I wasn't trying to copy his concept, I just had the same idea. I added a yellow facemask, and The striping is obviously the same on the whole uniform. I'll post Florida after I get some feedback on this.

IowaUniformsv2.png

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

I actually like the yellow facemask, can't think of any other teams that use a yellow facemask. This is awesome.

Apparently, the Redskins do. Never knew that. Anyways, it's awesome.

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Iowa looks great. I love that there is no white at home. Makes it simple yet unique. This is the best one on the thread thus far.

I cannot decide on the yellow vs. black for facemask, but I think either is fine.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Hey guys, it's been forever since I have done any concepts, and although I look and read topics everyday I don't post that much anymore lol. Anyways, I love College Football and I have been a huge fan of NCAA football series like Scottysprings Top 25 Countdown from last year. So this year I decided I would do a Preseason Top 25 Countdown. I'm using ESPN's Preseason Poll. And I'll go from 25 to 1. So, hopefully you guys will enjoy it.

Teams Completed 18/25

#25 North Carolina Tarheels

#24 Stanford Cardinal

#23 Georgia Bulldogs

#22 Cincinnati Bearcats

#21 Florida State Seminoles

#20 Oregon State Beavers

#19 Penn State Nittany Lions

#18 Arkansas Razorbacks

#17 Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets

#16 Pittsburgh Panthers

#15 USC Trojans

#14 LSU Tigers

#13 Miami Hurricanes

#12 Oklahoma Sooners

#11 Wisconsin Badgers

#10 Oregon Ducks

#9 Nebraska Cornhuskers

#8 Iowa Hawkeyes

#7 Florida Gators

#6 TCU Horned Frogs

#5 Virginia Tech Hokies

#4 Texas Longhorns

#3 Boise State Broncos

#2 Ohio State Buckeyes

#1 Alabama Crimson Tide

Looks like you might need to start this over. The Official USA Today Pre-Season Coaches Poll came out today, and USC, Cincy, and Stanford did not make the cut.

1. Alambama

2. Ohio State

3. Florida

4. Texas

5. Boise State

6. Virgina Tech

7. TCU

8. Oklahoma

9. Nebraska

10. Iowa

11. Oregon

12. Wisconsin

13. Miami

14. Penn State

15. Pittsburgh

16. LSU

17. Georgia Tech

18. North Carolina

19. Arkansas

20. Florida State

21. Georgia

22. Oregon State

23. Auburn

T24. Utah /West Virginia

Looks like you might need to start this over. The Official USA Today Pre-Season Coaches Poll came out today, and USC, Cincy, and Stanford did not make the cut.

1. Alambama

2. Ohio State

3. Florida

4. Texas

5. Boise State

6. Virgina Tech

7. TCU

8. Oklahoma

9. Nebraska

10. Iowa

11. Oregon

12. Wisconsin

13. Miami

14. Penn State

15. Pittsburgh

16. LSU

17. Georgia Tech

18. North Carolina

19. Arkansas

20. Florida State

21. Georgia

22. Oregon State

23. Auburn

T24. Utah /West Virginia

Obviously I am doing ESPN's Preseason Poll instead of the Coaches Poll.

1. Alambama

2. Ohio State

3. Florida

4. Texas

5. Boise State

6. Virgina Tech

7. TCU

8. Oklahoma

9. Nebraska

10. Iowa

11. Oregon

12. Wisconsin

13. Miami

14. Penn State

15. Pittsburgh

16. LSU

17. Georgia Tech

18. North Carolina

19. Arkansas

20. Florida State

21. Georgia

22. Oregon State

23. Auburn

T24. Utah /West Virginia

Obviously I am doing ESPN's Preseason Poll instead of the Coaches Poll.

its not like you wrote thta in the original post or anything

Alright so I made a small update to Iowa, just made the length on the stripes a little shorter. I think I will keep the yellow facemask just because it is unique. Anyways next up is Florida.

# 7 Florida Gators

So Florida is another team I have done a couple of times, the 1st one was a update of their throwbacks, the 2nd one was similar to San Diego State's uniforms. This time I decided to just use the same striping, however I changed the coloring on the white and orange uniforms, the Number font is the one the basketball team uses. I added alot of Gator Skin to this concept, its on the helmets, the sleeves, and on the pants. I also added a Orange jersey, and I brought back the white helmet even though Alabama creamed them in it :D, I think it looks really good. It could be worn with the Blue Jersey too. I also used a slightly tweaked Gator Head. I re-colored it and cleaned up some of the lines. And thats about it, next up is TCU who will probably be the hardest team I've done yet, so I'm not sure how long it will take me but we will see.

Home and Away Uniforms

GatorsHomeAwayUniformsV2.png

Alternate Uniforms

GatorsAlternateUniformsV2.png

I love the gator skin. The numbers look great as well. I wouldn't change anything on the design but I would make the white helmet the regular helmet and orange the alternate.

I agree with this 100%

nlog42.jpg

Thanks Dolphins91 for the jersey avatars.

Alright so everyone Florida so far, I may go in and make the White the main Home helmet, and keep the Orange as the main Away Helmet. But for now I'll go ahead and post TCU.

#6 TCU Horned Frogs

See Update with #3 Boise State Post.

Too much frog skin. I'd remove it from the sleeves at least, and I think the helmets would look much better if you brought back the blood stripes.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Archived