Old Script Caps

Eye

I guess this isn't really sports logos, but this does deal with design and marketing for teams. In the picture above, MC Ren has an old LA Kings hat on. These hats were most popular in the late 80s early 90s. The most common teams I have ever seen these hats for are the LA Kings and LA Raiders, but have also seen them for the Cleveland Browns and Cincinnati Bengals and Boston Bruins. Now these style of hats are great, I feel, and was hoping that anyone knows of a website where these are for sale?

Straight-outta-compton-nwa-movie.jpg

Well, the NFL had some current-team caps in that style recently. I don't remember if it was draft or sideline...but I got a Titans one on the cheap that I'm fond of. I remember these boards raving about that style, in fact.

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Sport Specialties was the company that made those style of hats. They are no longer in business, so it's harder to find them. EcapCity has released the LA Kings NWA hat several times, but the only problem is they only get 30 of each hat and then you have to wait if they possibly do restock that style.

The best way to find the original hats is to buy from the user - 4all2envy - http://stores.ebay.com/4all2envy

I AM SCORE!

New Era remade some of the caps I think too.

I know they made a Kings one. My friend has one, and I found this one on eBay too with a few more on there too. Just type in "Los Angeles Kings hat" and you get a bunch of choices.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

There was a sports store in my local mall that closed down about 3 months ago. It was a pretty traditional British sports store, never sold replica jerseys or pretty much anything to do with US sports. But at the closing down sale, they had 4 of those caps - 2 Celtics, Bulls and Magic. They didn't even used to sell caps. Probably should have grabbed them for ebay, but I didn't think.

I have a Charlotte Hornets cap in that style. They did them for every NBA team, used them for Draft caps up to around '93 or '94.

eBay has a Raiders one for sale.

This Clippers one is pretty beast, as well.

"pretty beast"?

I'll admit I've never heard that before lol, but I think he's trying to say that it's awesome.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Seriously? None of you have heard "beast" used as an adjective?

Most of us are over 16 years old.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I'm 15 and Beast to me either means the Marvel comic book character (I'm not a nerd, I just happen to know) or a person of large scale (ignoring the true definition). Anyone know what fonts those are?

pastpresentfuture_zps8bbb3a05.png

Well, the NFL had some current-team caps in that style recently. I don't remember if it was draft or sideline...but I got a Titans one on the cheap that I'm fond of. I remember these boards raving about that style, in fact.

I think it was the '04 draft cap.

Screw the Raiders, this is the best L.A. football team script hat right here.

That particular hat? not so much...

But a couple months ago they did have the pro-line Royal Blue and Yellow Rams caps for sale on eBay starting at $40....I was tempted.

I used to have this cap that at the time I hated with a passion and never wore...wish I had it back

thumbnail.jpg

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Most of us are over 16 years old.

Yeah, this.

Anyways...I had a Redskins one back in the day when they were new. Wish I still had it.

87Redskins.png

Archived