2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

How about we just sum it up with no one cares about anyone else's rivalry games, just theirs...is that fair?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All I see outside of infrared and Hedley putting Boise in it's place is Arizona-Arizona State posts... Let me be the first to say that no one gives a rat's ass about the Mildcats or the Sun Dorks.

Fans of teams who got stomped 44-14 in Tucson and only won last year in Seattle because the refs :censored:ed up gonna be haters and haters gonna hate. You're a joke and no one cares about the Crapple Cup.

I care about it. Plus, there is something worth playing for in this game. That little chair Arizona-Arizona State play for? Nothing else then a trophy on the line. Arizona State can't get to a bowl game and Arizona already has a bowl trip sewn up.

At least there is something else to play for outside of a trophy.

Oh, and Lights Out: Last place isn't on the line here so go back to sucking on that Boise blue teat that you like so much.

Let me get this straight. A fan of a 5-6 team, a team that may and I emphasis may go to some bowl game in some 3rd world country, is running his mouth and talking smack about how Arizona and Arizona State means nothing?!? Arizona, yes has a bid locked up, and yes Arizona State is trying to knock them off, but to sit there and talk about a 5-6 team vs a 2-9 team as a game being more important? The Apple Cup is closer to the Toilet Bowl than meaning anything at all. Oh and let's not forget about the Brett Favre of college football in Jake Locker... yeah, what happened to the all might QB? A 5-6 team, with an over-rated QB playing a team they haven't beaten in 8 years... that's not playing for anything at all. That's just playing to keep your name out of the outhouse that is UNLV football.

Okay... Can I just go ahead and ignore oddball's angry rant here? Anyone?

I get it. In the grand scheme of things, the Apple Cup isn't all that important.. Hell, Jigga got it right: No one cares about everyone else's rivalry games yet one cares about their team's rivalry game. That's a very fair assessment. Now, some of those facts that you mentioned are true... Locker hasn't lived to the potential everyone had set for him.

But you know what? I couldn't care less where he was drafted. The first and foremost thing that people have gotten on him about was the lack of winning. With a win over Washington State, he'll finally get to a bowl game. 8 years is a damn long time for a fanbase to sit and wait for any success. At this point, everyone here can just hate on me all they want... I will continue to toot this game's horn until Washington wins this Saturday night and ends eight long suffering years of nothingness.

How about we just sum it up with no one cares about anyone else's rivalry games, just theirs...is that fair?

Except LightsOut doesn't even care about Boise State-Idaho.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well, that rivalry's over now, for all intents and purposes. But I actually did care about it. The Vandals' 11-game winning streak, the way they classlessly ran up the score on Pokey Allen three weeks before he passed away from cancer, the obnoxious jealous fans who pretend that Boise isn't more relevant than they are... that's just the tip of the iceberg for things that made me loathe the Vandals. Very few things made me happier this season than matching their rivalry-record streak and shutting their fans up for good.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

How about we just sum it up with no one cares about anyone else's rivalry games other than the big ones, just theirs...is that fair?

Fixed your post. I would argue that rivalries like USC/Notre Dame, Alabama/Auburn, even Ohio State/Michigan have near-universal appeal even if you don't root for either team.

This. Nothing gets me more excited than Arizona/Tempe Normal, but even I can appreciate the really big rivalries.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

How does Nevada not deserve to be ranked higher then Boise? They beat them, and they both have the same record, sure Nevada got beat by Hawaii but they did beat the great unstoppable almighty Boise State, hell they should just jump up to #1 right now for winning that game :P

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

How about we just sum it up with no one cares about anyone else's rivalry games other than the big ones, just theirs...is that fair?

Fixed your post. I would argue that rivalries like USC/Notre Dame, Alabama/Auburn, even Ohio State/Michigan have near-universal appeal even if you don't root for either team.

1) Don't fix my posts. I meant what I said how I said it.

2) I have never once in my life given a fvck about USC vs. Notre Dame, Alabama vs. Auburn, or Ohio State vs. Michigan, sorry.

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Not necessarily. I enjoy the Iron Bowl just as much as Ohio State - Michigan. In fact, now that Michigan is just a shell of what they used to be, I probably enjoy the Iron Bowl more. At least it's competitive. Hell, I like all the "classic" rivalries

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

2) I have never once in my life given a fvck about USC vs. Notre Dame, Alabama vs. Auburn, or Ohio State vs. Michigan, sorry.

Yes, but to be fair do you even give a "fvck" about college football in general?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Well, that rivalry's over now, for all intents and purposes. But I actually did care about it. The Vandals' 11-game winning streak, the way they classlessly ran up the score on Pokey Allen three weeks before he passed away from cancer, the obnoxious jealous fans who pretend that Boise isn't more relevant than they are... that's just the tip of the iceberg for things that made me loathe the Vandals. Very few things made me happier this season than matching their rivalry-record streak and shutting their fans up for good.

Do you mind if I ask what state you actually live in? Are you from Idaho? I'm just trying to figure out how a guy who's been a Boise State fan for such a short time, and isn't an alum or even from Idaho apparently, can a.) be such a hardcore Boise State fan and b.) muster up enough effort to "loathe" the :censored:-ing Idaho Vandals. Is there a more irrelevant team in College Football?

Did you do research etc. to "learn" how to be a Boise State fan? I'm really not trying to give you a hard time. It's a serious question. Such passion for a college football team is usually the result of either growing up in the area and following them or actually attending the college. I just find it interesting.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Yes, but to be fair do you even give a "fvck" about college football in general?

Of course, I just find most "rivalry" talk to be a bunch of mouthbreathers and knuckledraggers grunting and spitting at each other. :P

This year has actually increased my give a fvck about college football. I think it was just the absence of Tim Tebow though.

How does Nevada not deserve to be ranked higher then Boise? They beat them, and they both have the same record, sure Nevada got beat by Hawaii but they did beat the great unstoppable almighty Boise State, hell they should just jump up to #1 right now for winning that game :P

Aaron+Tevis+Boise+State+v+Virginia+Tech+NXdEH9v9F-cl.jpg

Boise State beating Virginia Tech means they should be ranked ahead of Nevada? Virginia Tech is a good team but James Madison beat them too. I'm not saying Boise State is bad, I just think Nevada who beat them head-to-head should be ranked higher then them when they have the same record. Its just like I thought South Carolina should have been ranked ahead of Alabama when they beat them even though they weren't in the real rankings.

Check out my new NFL 2016 Series!

Kyle Brotzman

BMOC

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5864003

BOISE, Idaho -- Dealing with missing two field goals in Boise State's loss to Nevada is difficult enough. Now Boise State kicker Kyle Brotzman is having to endure an endless stream of taunts and barbs on social networking sites...

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It's a harsh world out there isn't it.

You gotta feel for the guy, Boise State fans should know that feeling of getting kicked when your already down. I love fans and I hate fans for all the same reasons.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

BOISE, Idaho -- Dealing with missing two field goals in Boise State's loss to Nevada is difficult enough. Now Boise State kicker Kyle Brotzman is having to endure an endless stream of taunts and barbs on social networking sites...

Boise State wasn't going to play for the BCS National Championship had he made either of the kicks or not. Those folks up there in Boise are "MORANS".

6uXNWAo.png

The possibility of the Pac-10 having only three bowl teams kind of reeks. On the the flips side, having two teams in the top four of the BCS softens the blow with one of them playing for the BCS Championship. Hopefully Washington rips the Cougars this weekend to make it four.

IF LIFE THROWS YOU A LEMON.............KICK IT'S :censored:ING ASS!

Archived