2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

A playoff scenario that puts in Boise State or the Sun Belt or C-USA champ at the expense of an Ohio State or Alabama is simply never going to happen.

SI's bracket wouldn't do that - it'd be all conference champions plus a few at-larges. And if Bama or Ohio State doesn't get in one year as a conference champion or an at-large, other big-name schools will likely be filling those spots.

If there ever is a 16 team playoff, it's not going to include every conference champion. It would be a lot like the current system. Rankings would dictate who gets in. You have to keep in mind the fact that TV is going to play a major role in any playoff and TV wants the teams that get ratings. The Sun Belt or MAC champs don't fit that description. You are making the same mistake a lot of people make when talking about a playoff, you think it's going to be fair and equitable. It won't be.

Not that any of this matters. We just need to get used to the idea that a playoff is not anywhere close to the near future. I'm OK with that. Even though I've presented a playoff plan I'm still not entirely in the playoff camp. Besides, my team is always in the running for a BCS bowl so I got no complaints. B)

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

*Must...resist....obvious....troll...bait....*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm far from a college football purist, but to see TCU in the Rose Bowl when Stanford is in a different BCS game is really dumb.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I'm far from a college football purist, but to see TCU in the Rose Bowl when Stanford is in a different BCS game is really dumb.

Agreed. My guess is no one is more unhappy about it than are the folks that run the Rose Bowl. It's not like that crew is a progressive bunch.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

I actually agree whole heartily, I would rather see TCU in the Fiesta against Oklahoma/

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Mark DAntonio ranked his Spartans fourth, ahead of Wisconsin and Ohio State.

He has a point.

He absolutely does. Michigan State beat Wisconsin, Wisconsin beat Ohio State. Frankly, I think he's right on with his vote.

IUe6Hvh.png

Bo Pelini continues to prove how big of a nutjob he is with that vote.

What do you expect him to do, honestly.

This is exactly why coaches shouldn't be voting.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Bo Pelini continues to prove how big of a nutjob he is with that vote.

What do you expect him to do, honestly.

This is exactly why coaches shouldn't be voting.

Yes, indeed. However, Nebraska would likely best Boise State (by a lot), so there's that.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Well, Nebraska would have to schedule Boise State for that to happen, but that would require them agreeing to a FAIR deal first, which is unlikely.

How was the home-and-home plus a game in Lincoln deal not fair? Nebraska has nothing to gain by scheduling Boise State, Boise State has everything to gain. Sounded like a completely fair deal to me.

If you're Boise State, you can't play the "nobody will play us" card and then turn down Nebraska when they're willing to travel to play you.

IUe6Hvh.png

Yeah, but Nebraska also bitched out when Boise State asked for $1,000,000 to go to Lincoln, without realizing that they'd be getting $1,000,000 in return for coming to Boise in the deal.

Nebraska also paid the Vandals $800,000 for one game in Lincoln this year. Paying a far-better school slightly more to come to Lincoln is not unreasonable at all.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Bo Pelini ranked his own 3-loss Nebraska Cornhuskers (8) ahead of one-loss Boise State (10)

And he's right. Boise State beat NOBODY this year. Nebraska is a far better team. And had they played, the Huskers would rout Boise.

6uXNWAo.png

Um, yeah, the ACC Champion Hokies sure are nobody.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

You know who I think has a bigger case for argument? Temple. Why? They have the same record as UConn and BEAT UConn. UConn is going to the FIESTA BOWL. Where's Temple going? NOWHERE. No bowl to speak of.

See, Boise really isn't the only team that gets screwed in the nation. It happens everywhere. Something like this should be a much bigger story than anything about Boise - at least they're going bowling.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

Archived