2010 NCAA Football Thread

Gary

Ohio State is investigating allegations that several football players traded autographs for tattoos --"Ink-for-Ink".

F-ing morons. The Buckeyes can't ever seem to get through bowl season without a few players sticking their heads up their asses. The report says Pryor wasn't involved but during the bowl game tonight Herbstreit said something about Pryor, Posey, and Herron possibly being suspended.

Nice job idiots.

Can I ask a question what is wrong with this? Its their body its their signature.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ohio State is investigating allegations that several football players traded autographs for tattoos --"Ink-for-Ink".

F-ing morons. The Buckeyes can't ever seem to get through bowl season without a few players sticking their heads up their asses. The report says Pryor wasn't involved but during the bowl game tonight Herbstreit said something about Pryor, Posey, and Herron possibly being suspended.

Nice job idiots.

Can I ask a question what is wrong with this? Its their body its their signature.

Most people can't exchange a copy of their signature for a product. They have to use, you know, real money.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

Nice job idiots.

These players are property of the NCAA. Players are forbidden from bettering themselves by using their celebrity, nor are they even allowed to get a little ink on the side. Damn shame.

6uXNWAo.png

Nice job idiots.

I will not be able to look at my NCAA manual until next week, however, the intiital thought of "extra bebefits" come to mind. Think Peter Warick (FSU) , and currently the Kansas State hoopsters under investigation.

A typical student can surely get benefits which a student-athlete could get like no cover charge, or even free clothes, but I think the discount involved is in question.

As far as the "ink for ink", if it was a female student, then the girl may have participated in prostitution which is a crime. If the NCAA does not control a similar action while HS kids are recruited, why should they care once they are eligible?

Nice job idiots.

In the real world there's not a thing wrong with it but college football isn't the real world. It's a stupid rule but a rule all the same.

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

Nice job idiots.

In the real world there's not a thing wrong with it but college football isn't the real world. It's a stupid rule but a rule all the same.

See this why the NCAA needs to be hit with a crippling lawsuit, the players are treated like meat with selective enforcement.

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Damn, they got 5 games in next year?! Good thing NCAA suspensions don't carry over to the NFL, because that's where all of these guys will probably be headed now.

My thoughts exactly. And you know what? They may as well leave. Missing half a season isn't going to help their NFL chances. The thing that gets me is they sold their 2008 Big Ten Championship rings for 1000 bucks. I have to think they could have gotten a lot more than that for them. :D

BB52Big.jpg

A friend of mine asked this a few minutes ago and I want to know if anyone here knows the answer. How does the NCAA justify fining student-athletes when they don't allow them to make any money? Also, who knows why they sold these items? I've heard Pryor doesn't come from money so maybe his folks needed some immediate help or something. I don't know if we'll ever know that one.

Anyway, it's a bs ruling. If the offense warrants a 5 game suspension, which is just shy of half a damn season, then the players should also be held out of the bowl game shouldn't they? What good does it do to suspend players for games they may not even play now?

A friend of mine asked this a few minutes ago and I want to know if anyone here knows the answer. How does the NCAA justify fining student-athletes when they don't allow them to make any money? Also, who knows why they sold these items? I've heard Pryor doesn't come from money so maybe his folks needed some immediate help or something. I don't know if we'll ever know that one.

Anyway, it's a bs ruling. If the offense warrants a 5 game suspension, which is just shy of half a damn season, then the players should also be held out of the bowl game shouldn't they? What good does it do to suspend players for games they may not even play now?

Who cares why they sold the gear. If you're caught speeding, the officer doesn't care why you are speeding and you get a ticket. There are rules and these numbsculls broke them.

I agree with you that the suspension should start at the Bowl game, but let's just call a spade a spade. The NCAA is run by a bunch of old white guys and these are their slaves to make them money. So knowing that these slaves (athletes) aren't going to be around next year, they are letting them play so they can make money off of them.

Damn, they got 5 games in next year?! Good thing NCAA suspensions don't carry over to the NFL, because that's where all of these guys will probably be headed now.

My thoughts exactly. And you know what? They may as well leave. Missing half a season isn't going to help their NFL chances. The thing that gets me is they sold their 2008 Big Ten Championship rings for 1000 bucks. I have to think they could have gotten a lot more than that for them. :D

...especially if the going rate for Independence Bowl-worn jerseys are going for $1000...

It's official. Five Ohio State players get suspended for the first five games of the 2011 season over the tattoo thing. They will be allowed to play in the Sugar Bowl. Link.

Well, it sounds like OSU's now in the market to recruit another QB.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's official. Five Ohio State players get suspended for the first five games of the 2011 season over the tattoo thing. They will be allowed to play in the Sugar Bowl. Link.

Well, it sounds like OSU's now in the market to recruit another QB.

Fine by me. Pryor is overrated. I'm just not seeing what everyone thinks is so great about the guy. There's no doubt the kid has a ton of potential but Tressel has never really figured out how to best utilize Pryor's abilities.

BB52Big.jpg

If this happened to any school other than Ohio State, these players would be out of the Sugar Bowl. Their reason for putting it off until next year is that "they didn't know about the rule". Then why did they warrant a 5-game suspension? If its worth the suspension, its worth a "real punishment". Favoritism rears its ugly head again.

I'm hearing rumors that JoePa is calling it a career after the Outback Bowl. His supposed successor? Tony Dungy.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

If this happened to any school other than Ohio State, these players would be out of the Sugar Bowl. Their reason for putting it off until next year is that "they didn't know about the rule". Then why did they warrant a 5-game suspension? If its worth the suspension, its worth a "real punishment". Favoritism rears its ugly head again.

Channeling your inner Mark May? He said pretty much the exact same thing last night on ESPN. That said, if there is going to be a suspension, I agree that they should be suspended for the Sugar Bowl.

BB52Big.jpg

Channeling your inner Mark May? He said pretty much the exact same thing last night on ESPN. That said, if there is going to be a suspension, I agree that they should be suspended for the Sugar Bowl.

Remember the NCAA is about the student athletes and the student goes first, why would they suspend them for a BCS Bowl that will hurt raitings and hurt the student athletes

ecyclopedia.gif

champssigtank.png

Remember the NCAA is about the student athletes and the student goes first, why would they suspend them for a BCS Bowl that will hurt raitings and hurt the student athletes

The NCAA does not control bowl games and do not receive much money from the games itself.

The truth is, the NCAA has almost no investment in the Sugar Bowl; it's a BCS property.The NCAA receives a puny $12,000 cut of the proceeds.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/stewart_mandel/12/23/ohio-state-suspensions-ncaa/index.html#ixzz193GorT8k

Mandel's Si.com story with further explaination of the case. He basically said that this was more like a "plea bargain".

Archived